forum

[invalid] Reduce Marathon Length Ranking Criteria

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Cookie
My request is to reduce the marathon length criteria to 4:00 or 4:30 drain time.

Currently it has to have a 5:00 drain time (if I'm not mistaken) to be ranked with only one diff, but the rule is ignored so often I think it should be changed. I'm not going to mention the name of any mappers (they know who they are lol), but some have up to 6 maps ranked that are "marathon" maps under five minutes with only one diff. Unranking all maps that break this rule would be stupid, so that is why I'm suggesting this.
If I'm missing something obvious, please tell me below. :)

I didn't find a dupe topic of this, but I'm sorry if somebody has already suggested this
GhostFrog
The length listed for a map doesn't include final spinners.
Outline

Cookie wrote:

My request is to reduce the marathon length criteria to 4:00 or 4:30 drain time.
Currently it has to have a 5:00 drain time (if I'm not mistaken) to be ranked with only one diff, but the rule is ignored so often I think it should be changed. I'm not going to mention the name of any mappers (they know who they are lol), but some have up to 6 maps ranked that are "marathon" maps under five minutes with only one diff. Unranking all maps that break this rule would be stupid, so that is why I'm suggesting this.
If I'm missing something obvious, please tell me below. :)
I didn't find a dupe topic of this, but I'm sorry if somebody has already suggested this

Most maps like that are old anyways. You'e probably talking about maps like Can't Defeat Airman, which was mapped before many regulations and got ranked mainly because of it's difficulty. This isn't a big problem and making the length minimum lower is stupid.
Stefan
1) This is not the right forum to discuss out RC changes, please use the correct forum: 87

2) This topic has been brought so many time and the conclusion is that five minutes for minimum approval is a well-accepted mark by the biggest part of the community. Reducing the drain time would just make us go in a circle where we keep arguing why 4:25 wouldn't be accepted but 4:30 would be. It doesn't solves anything.

3) IF YOU STILL DON'T KNOW IT: Spinners aren't included in the Drain Time on the website, this is a known bug it might be fixed in the future.

4) Outline explains above why maps in 2013 and before (?) could be approved with only one difficulty and less than five minutes.

If you're still determinted to create a thread about a change, please make sure you have very good reasons and alternatives for this.
Bara-
I want to add something to this
2 Years ago, I brought up the same thing, though I have to admit, what I said there was completely false (I mentioned lower diffs being impossible to map for certain songs, as Image Material (I've proven otherwise myself)
All the comments there still apply now, No need to bring it up again!