forum

M2U - BlythE (Osuka)

posted
Total Posts
show more
rust45
I'm rather speechless, to say the least.
You have turned osu! into a different game, and it still plays well.
However, I find it odd that Hard is ranked higher than Maniac even though it seems like it shouldn't, but that's not a problem.
Although, it seems odd that you have the section-pass and section-fail images skin, but not the sound, you should add a blank wav for those two.
Other than hearing the sounds of passing and failing, I would be able to bubble this, and will if you fix that.
Topic Starter
ziin
I removed the images because it was distracting on the tutorial. Hopefully a 0 byte file will work just fine, if not I'll get a blank wav or something.

I'm unsure as to why Hard has a higher star rating. I think it's because the note spacing on the timeline is very strange, whereas maniac is even notes/really long streams. If BATs could change Maniac's star rating to 5, that would be super, but this probably won't be implemented until osz2. It is, without a doubt, one of the hardest maps I've ever played on osu.
woodrockman
I want to create a taiko map!~ can you put it..?
Topic Starter
ziin
Sorry, no.

were this a normal map I'd welcome a taiko, but it's not, and it's not like this is a unique song to osu.
Flanster
Best simulated Technica IVE EVER SEEN.AWESEME JOB!!! *kudostar*
Topic Starter
ziin
With the new DJMAX osuka skin coming along, please be patient while I update the skin a little, and possibly change the name so future technika style maps all have something similar in them.

Edit: and we're all set. Hope everyone likes the new skin.
bmin11
Pure awsomeness. Specially the blue note

By the way, don't they have a count-down whenever the blue timing line is about to come out?
Nyan
!
Mapper 31
so awesome..
Topic Starter
ziin

bmin11 wrote:

Pure awsomeness. Specially the blue note

By the way, don't they have a count-down whenever the blue timing line is about to come out?
Yes, and in previous versions I had the flash.png uploaded, but I never made it because in actual technika, it is really a countdown, and after it's done, the approach bar appears.

I'll work on it a little bit, as I already have the graphics made, I just never implemented it.
narumi-chan
osuka banzai~!! lol
Miu Matsuoka
Oh my god.....
Love this! :)
Selee
Though I never play DJMax before, it's really great to get some experience in osu.
lol, star~
Topic Starter
ziin
I've never played either, though I would love to try. I don't think there are any machines within 300 miles of where I live though...

my android pad plays it alright, but no stacking, colors, sounds, or storyboard, so I'm not getting the real feel.
rockmmer
Awesome!!! :D
Leader
Great idea. Star~
Miu Matsuoka
[Overall]
As mentioned in my previous post, this is really an awesome map, and it deserves a kudo star :D
For each diff, please remove the inheriting sections pairs which has nothing between them. (Example: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/103703)
Also, remove this inheriting section in all difficulties (00:00:276 - Offset 276)

[Instructions]
01:30:333 (2) - Put this to 01:30:416, and move 1 grid to the left (Grid Level 2)
01:32:500 (1,2,3,4) - Arrange like this? http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/103700

[Easy]
00:43:500 (3) - Change Whistle to Clap?
00:57:500 - Add break?
01:39:333 (6) - Add a hitsound

[Normal]
01:17:167 (7) - Hard to determine imo, move 1 grid downwards? (Grid Level 1)
01:30:666 (1,1) - Ugh I think this is too fast for a Normal player to react, Use the purple note instead?
01:55:666 (1) - Didn't match the approach line (http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/103706) Try to adjust it.

[Maniac]
00:23:166 - Add a note here?
00:43:500 (1,2,1) - Too insane? x_x
Awesome diff :)

[Hard]
02:05:500 (1) - 2 to 3 grids up (Too jumpy)

I've left a reply with my map's link on your mod4mod queue, and I hope you can check it out!
Topic Starter
ziin

Miu Matsuoka wrote:

[Overall]
As mentioned in my previous post, this is really an awesome map, and it deserves a kudo star :D
For each diff, please remove the inheriting sections pairs which has nothing between them. (Example: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/103703) they don't do anything bad
Also, remove this inheriting section in all difficulties (00:00:276 - Offset 276) Turns on the kiai

[Instructions]
01:30:333 (2) - Put this to 01:30:416, and move 1 grid to the left (Grid Level 2) It's following lyrics, which are all dotted quarter notes
01:32:500 (1,2,3,4) - Arrange like this? http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/103700 The pitch matches the vertical location, like in technika

[Easy]
00:43:500 (3) - Change Whistle to Clap? k
00:57:500 - Add break? k
01:39:333 (6) - Add a hitsound k

[Normal]
01:17:167 (7) - Hard to determine imo, move 1 grid downwards? (Grid Level 1) I don't understand...
01:30:666 (1,1) - Ugh I think this is too fast for a Normal player to react, Use the purple note instead? Even though it says "normal" it's supposed to be a lot harder than that. The jump is not that far, and people who can play 4.5 stars can do that, so long as they know it's coming.
01:55:666 (1) - Didn't match the approach line (http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/103706) Try to adjust it. oops

[Maniac]
00:23:166 - Add a note here? k
00:43:500 (1,2,1) - Too insane? x_x somehow... http://puu.sh/2OOt
Awesome diff :)

[Hard]
02:05:500 (1) - 2 to 3 grids up (Too jumpy) I can hit it

I've left a reply with my map's link on your mod4mod queue, and I hope you can check it out!
Sweet, thanks. This map isn't sight readable at all, since it literally is a different game, so some of the things that will catch people (like the bigger jumps) won't be surprises when they actually go to play it.
OzzyOzrock
WARNING [UNRANKABLE MATERIAL] WARNING

I-I think it's osu!ka. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Topic Starter
ziin
I called it Osu!max in my video, but the skin is called osuka, and exclamation points always cause problems.
TristanShi
reminds me about the game "finger melody" on ipad
great SB! :)
Takuma
hi i love you
Topic Starter
ziin

Takuma wrote:

hi i love you
More than ever?

Well thanks to takuma we're past 180...

Next goal is for MOST EVER. Bring it on ΔMAX.

updated with the 44 byte audio silencers because apparently they cause a problem, but only when looped? Oh well. Another day, another full submit.

And I fixed the purple color on hard, even though I never use it...
Soaprman
This is nicely made! Not a big fan of the quiet hitsounds (makes me feel like I'm missing when I'm not) but maybe that's intentional when keeping the source material in mind, I don't know.

I hope to see this in the approved section someday.
Ksaice
interesting :D
Snow Note
So Amazing~
Nymph
Cool stuff~
blacksymbian
luv it
CuNha
wow
Good :oops:
gdeath
This is just amazing!
Sure
Approve this before the new rules has come! :)
Topic Starter
ziin
Pretty sure I get a special case...
Gorlum
This map is really interesting, want more maps in that style :)
Topic Starter
ziin

gorlum wrote:

This map is really interesting, want more maps in that style :)
yeah yeah...

Though if this got approved I'd hurry my ass up.
theowest
I believe you must have a approach circle. This is osu! You can't just turn it into another game. Unrankable stuff dude... >.< You see, people can't just go in and edit the beatmap and take away the skin by hand.. That's just way to hard for everyone who wants to play it normally.. It's an awesome beatmap, but this can't be rankable unless you do something about this.

Edit.
Hey, wouldn't it be cool if this was another playing style to pick, just like CtB and taiko? Hm.. I dunno. It would be another good use with your mouse/tablet/etc because it's so much the same.

I dunno.. ;__;

Ask a MAT or a BAT. They'll probably know about this stuff.
OzzyOzrock

theowest wrote:

I believe you must have a approach circle. This is osu! You can't just turn it into another game. Unrankable stuff dude... >.< You see, people can't just go in and edit the beatmap and take away the skin by hand.. That's just way to hard for everyone who wants to play it normally.. It's an awesome beatmap, but this can't be rankable unless you do something about this.

Edit.
Hey, wouldn't it be cool if this was another playing style to pick, just like CtB and taiko? Hm.. I dunno. It would be another good use with your mouse/tablet/etc because it's so much the same.

I dunno.. ;__;

Um, MATs and BATs have said it's all fine. This is osu!, but this beatmap isn't based on it.
theowest

OzzyOzrock wrote:

theowest wrote:

Edit.

I dunno.. ;__;

Um, MATs and BATs have said it's all fine. This is osu!, but this beatmap isn't based on it.
BUT IT CAN'T BE POSSIBLE! They're blinded by the awesomeness and can't see that this in reality.. Can't happen here on osu! We all have guide-lines to follow when mapping.. This creates a separate style of playing! What we're used to, is now different! Hardrock won't work and hidden is just the same! ;__; Shall we show this to peppy and see what he has to say? I have no idea what will happen with this beatmap. People will find this in beatmaps, when it's not really the osu! they're used to play.
Topic Starter
ziin
How can anyone play hidden?

Also, playing with an approach circle is hard as hell unless you know the song (one more reason approach rate is so low). Unfortunately for me, I've played it so much I know it backwards and forwards so I just ignore them if I turn them on.

NB rangers returns got approved in the past. Even though the ranking criteria has changed significantly, it was clearly not rankable/approvable then, and was approved for its sheer awesomeness. Unfortunately nobody has tried to recreate this until I made this (I found one other example, but I think they gave up on it). I think if they had, we would have more technika styled maps. I certainly plan on making more. Next up will probably be shoreline.
theowest

ziin wrote:

How can anyone play hidden?

Also, playing with an approach circle is hard as hell unless you know the song (one more reason approach rate is so low). Unfortunately for me, I've played it so much I know it backwards and forwards so I just ignore them if I turn them on.

NB rangers returns got approved in the past. Even though the ranking criteria has changed significantly, it was clearly not rankable/approvable then, and was approved for its sheer awesomeness. Unfortunately nobody has tried to recreate this until I made this (I found one other example, but I think they gave up on it). I think if they had, we would have more technika styled maps. I certainly plan on making more. Next up will probably be shoreline.
"playing with an approach circle is hard as hell unless you know the song". wat? You do know that you can play a song without any sound thanks to the approach circle right? And because this beatmap is missing this and we're only to rely on the SB which most people are completely unfamiliar with!! CRAZY!!!

Also.. WHAAAAAAAAT. That's strange.. I didn't know such beatmap existed and could be ranked before.. But that's an old beatmap. It still doesn't make any sense that it should be allowed. THIS IS OSU! GODDAMMIT ;____;
Raging Bull
Looooool. I see why people like it. And is it kiai abuse to have kiai time for the entire map?
show more