forum

M2U - BlythE (Osuka)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ziin
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, October 28, 2012 at 7:45:21 PM

Artist: M2U
Title: BlythE (Osuka)
Source: DJMAX Technika
BPM: 180
Filesize: 10840kb
Play Time: 02:04
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.94 stars, 138 notes)
  2. Hard (4.95 stars, 363 notes)
  3. Instructions (0.58 stars, 28 notes)
  4. Maniac (4.87 stars, 533 notes)
  5. Normal (4.53 stars, 258 notes)
Download: M2U - BlythE (Osuka)
Download: M2U - BlythE (Osuka) (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

This map plays without an approach circle, like DJ Max Technika. It plays somewhat similar to NB Rangers: Return except that the approach rate is much lower, and the timing bar doesn't move painfully slow or at a variable rate.

The skin elements and hitcircles are free as in freedom for anyone to use. In anticipation of osz2, this beatmap uses DJMax Osuka by Xiaounlimited. Please use that skin for the best effect. If you want to use a custom skin instead, you can overwrite the DJMax Osuka skin folder to customize the skin as you see fit, however certain things have been removed (numbers, approach circles). I have also created two sets of hitcircles made specifically for this map. I highly recommend using them by either dropping them in the Osuka skin folder or in the beatmap itself:

Original Hitcircles Download

LED Hitcircles Download

Instructions and examples of the different notes
It's very simple: hit the circle as the storyboard line passes through the center of the note. There are 5 types of notes you will encounter:

Normal: Your regular hit notes. They are red.

Slider: Your regular sliders. They are yellow. Can either be chain notes (quick up and down) or drag notes (zig zag quickly)

Hold: A repeating slider, designated by a storyboard line and the repeat icon. They are blue.

Repeat: Stacked notes on the same spot. Hit the note again as the line passes the storyboarded bar. They are purple.
How to Play DJMAX Technika 2 from Pentavision's official site.
Lol, Technika Sim from bemanistyle's --ICE_CrEaM-. A keyboard PC version of Technika which is interesting, but doesn't use a mouse or touchscreen. Mirror thread here
DJManiax is a flash adaptation of technika with 20 songs, all of which suffer from abysmally slow approach bar. Can play with either mouse or keyboard.
ignorethis
:D great
loveFantasy
this is awesome

star+kd star
Shiirn
Fucking starred, I can see how much effort was put in this.
Tenshi-nyan
I'm too stupid for this kinda stuff T_T

BTW so many pink stars.

Gotta get a tablet.
OzzyOzrock
Oh my God... this is amazing...

Amazing job on this, I'm gonna play this so much, and download the real game now ;_;
Topic Starter
ziin

OzzyOzrock wrote:

Oh my God... this is amazing...

Amazing job on this, I'm gonna play this so much, and download the real game now ;_;
Good luck finding it...
OzzyOzrock
Ohh... it's an arcade game? ;_;
lepidopodus
Arcade game. Personally I really enjoy this game, but not at good as Taiko. Anyway this map is brillant.
Shino
Oh gawd.
This is too... *insert great expressions here*
those
I can see this being popular for touchscreen players, seems fine.
NatsumeRin
really nice idea but could you silence the hold notes...= =
Komeiji Yuki
So good~

It must spending you lots of time working on it >_<
Garven
Fucking awesome.

[General]
I recommend skinning the hitlightning (the entire time is kiai, so they're all visible if you have custom ones and it can mar the effect you've gone for), warning arrows, sectionpass/fail image and sound and especially hitbursts considering the default hitburst's habit of covering everything with ugly. Try to offset the text of the hitburst so it's above the notes too, to avoid that covering.

That said, end your kiai on all difficulties, please.

These gameplay mods are assuming these maps are not authentic (at least, authentic as possible considering the multiple notes at once in the original game) and are mainly considerations towards mouse users (like myself).

[Instructions]
I recommend having some text instructing to not hit the skip button combined with the introduction to the map.

[Easy]
00:39:833 (1) - This spot may be good to use one of the purple note sets with the vocal (I've only played this game like twice, so I don't know if the easier difficulty levels used those types of notes)
02:01:500 (2) - Have this start near the top so that there isn't a "jump" for an easy

[Normal]
01:08:166 (1) - End this at 01:09:166 - to reduce the jump a bit
01:10:500 (2) - This felt off considering the long hold note before following the vocal. Probably best to add a note at 01:10:166 -
01:14:833 (1,2,3,4) - Maybe start from the top to reduce jump distance?

[Hard]
00:56:000 (1,1) - This is a pretty tough jump.
01:14:666 (8,1) - ^

[Maniac]
HP drain is brutal on this. Especially when you jump off a hold note prematurely. It's like a death sentence. x_x
00:03:750 (1) - What is this snapped to? Probably meant to be at 00:03:833 - , right?
01:08:500 (3) - Is this out of bounds?
AngelHoney
:) :) :)
Faust

Garven wrote:

Fucking awesome.
Amen.
swish
awesome :D
Arusha Shuna

hahaha this is awesome!
Hakeru