forum

Romer-G Switches for Osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rurree
So I'll be selling my Corsair K95 with Cherry MX Red switches next week since they were too big and I'm not really a big fan of red switches. I'm planning to get a Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum soon and a 60% keyboard, probably a Pok3r or something with Gateron Clears. I don't really play osu nowadays but I was wondering if Romer-G switches would be good for osu and hopefully typing? I'd like to hear your thoughts, especially those who own a G910, G410, G810, and G310.
Pituophis
no. get rubberdome. is best
Topic Starter
Rurree
Rubberdomes are boring.
The Gambler
I wouldn't recommend them for osu! as they do feel a bit mushy for my tastes, compared to Browns. Browns have a slightly crispier actuation than Romer-G.
Sayorie
Just get MX Blues if you want all-around functionality.
Topic Starter
Rurree
I'm not really a fan of Cherry MX Blues. They're probably my least favorite switch just under the Reds by a tiny margin.

Do Romer-G switches still feel nice though? I'm fine by them not being good for osu as I don't really play much anymore.

I'm actually picking between the Cooler Masterkeys Pro L, Corsair Strafe RGB, and the Logitech G810, but the Masterkeys are way too expensive (the TKL can be an option, but I can't work without a number pad), I'm not too interested in the Corsair Strafe as it's too gamer-y.. The Logitech is priced at $130 USD (where I'll be getting it from, RIP warranty, just gonna hope for the best) at Best Buy which for me is quite reasonable.
kurodahatsuharu
Romer - G or QS1 switch is fine, i had better speed with those than cherry switch, but people don't use it because they afraid to try other thing.
The Gambler

kurodahatsuharu wrote:

Romer - G or QS1 switch is fine, i had better speed with those than cherry switch, but people don't use it because they afraid to try other thing.
I would use them if they weren't sold as full keyboards and instead as switches sold on Digikey... It just doesn't make sense to buy a branded keyboard to test out the switches.
Topic Starter
Rurree
There's a store here that has a Logitech G310 on display, I liked the switches but I find the keycaps really shitty so I'm getting a G810 lol. Probably after Thanksgiving during the Black Friday sale because I was told that a G810 costs $130 + tax which makes it up to $150 which is overpriced imo. Do they charge you for tax on Amazon if you live in the US (CA)?
Topic Starter
Rurree
No one knows? I need help ASAP :(
Billieilish

Sayorie wrote:

Just get MX Blues if you want all-around functionality.
you gain so much functionality, especially if you live with someone else. The sound of 300 BPM streams on blues will make anyone crazy.