forum

(Editted title) HR for noob-player with not much time

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
PriestMVP
I'll try to keep it brief not to waste time!

So my accuracy is pretty shit, and with my current work schedule I don't have too much time to play until August. Thinking about trying to re-FC my top plays (excluding Chase the Light... fkn freak accidents) with ~97-98% accuracy with HR and playing a bunch of HR+NF on maps that are a bit too hard, but still fun for me to play (Remote Control-Max Control, etc)

Will this ruin me in the long run? Normally I'd just grind out more nomod FCs but I don't really have too much time to do so. Don't worry, I'll get back to the Pray Mole route in August ^.^
Endaris
It might or might not ruin you.
The mole-route is the only safe way.
Topic Starter
PriestMVP

Endaris wrote:

The mole-route is the only safe way.

I miss the mole-route :(
Xyrus_old_1
Playing HR won't make you a better player and anything other than nomod is a waste of time if you're trying to improve at this point.

It's up to you if you want to play HR if you find it fun.
Quinten
Bro, I haven't touched HR since I left the 2 star section.
There's no reason to learn HR on your level imo.
Enough no-mod maps to fc for good PP - just try and get the basics down first.
And I've got no clue why you don't have enough time..? Just play when you've got the time, no need to force yourself.

But hey, if you find high AR fun, then go for it.
Topic Starter
PriestMVP

Quinten wrote:

Bro, I haven't touched HR since I left the 2 star section.
There's no reason to learn HR on your level imo.
Enough no-mod maps to fc for good PP - just try and get the basics down first.
And I've got no clue why you don't have enough time..? Just play when you've got the time, no need to force yourself.
But hey, if you find high AR fun, then go for it.

I'm not really looking to "learn HR", nor am I playing it for the AR, I'm doing it for the OD more than anything.

But then I suppose I could just mod the maps to have OD10 and go from there.
timemon
if you find HR fun then you can continue playing it.
but I would recommend you start with easier maps 3.5-4.0 in star rating.
look for simple to play maps like DnB or easy TV sizes with some triplets and singletaps.
N0thingSpecial
HR is for people that can already consistently get 99. 5% on no mod, if you're doing it for OD play OD 8 maps first.

Then again no one is stopping you from playing HR.
Deva
You either no life HR or suck at it, there is no other way.
-Makishima S-
You waste your and our time.

Go read this forum, tons of topics from "wanna be HR player" like you.
Xyrus_old_1

PriestRSC wrote:

I'm not really looking to "learn HR", nor am I playing it for the AR, I'm doing it for the OD more than anything.

But then I suppose I could just mod the maps to have OD10 and go from there.
Neither of those options will help you improve. If you want to play high OD maps, then use http://osusearch.com/ to find beatmaps at the OD you want.
Sugacchi

timemon wrote:

if you find HR fun then you can continue playing it.
but I would recommend you start with easier maps 3.5-4.0 in star rating.
look for simple to play maps like DnB or easy TV sizes with some triplets and singletaps.
KyoshiDeath

N0thingSpecial wrote:

HR is for people that can already consistently get 99. 5% on no mod, if you're doing it for OD play OD 8 maps first.

Then again no one is stopping you from playing HR.
I laughed at the first sentence :^)
ithgyu
i would advise against playing hr until you have 5000pp, even then i think its best to wait till about 6kpp or even higher, you get a lot of fundamentals out of nomod, and focusing on hr before developing these fundamentals hurts, and its a lot harder to train them up once ar10 becomes your most comfortable ar. I think i started hr a tad to early and that was at about 5.8k pp
N0thingSpecial

N0thingSpecial wrote:

HR is for people who are accurate and precise with their aim and tapping, or people who like to mash their keyboard and reacting to fast objects
you happy? @KyoshiDeath
timemon

II Jelli II wrote:

i would advise against playing hr until you have 5000pp, even then i think its best to wait till about 6kpp or even higher, you get a lot of fundamentals out of nomod, and focusing on hr before developing these fundamentals hurts, and its a lot harder to train them up once ar10 becomes your most comfortable ar. I think i started hr a tad to early and that was at about 5.8k pp
wow you just made me realize that I started HR when I was 5k pp and it's almost a year already and im still 5k pp.

I think 4000pp is good enough for HR if your no mod acc is good.
Most of the HR players I know are in 6k pp range. if you start HR by then, you're probably off better with other mods or no mod.

I just wish Extra difficulties aren't gated behind ridiculous aim requirement. I want to improve my acc but my aim is extraordinary bad so I can't play Extra.
Insane can only offer you so much challenge untill it turns into a complete joke.

it's also sad that aim maps give almost as much acc pp as other maps even though they barely need any acc skill.
Deva

timemon wrote:

Extra difficulties aren't gated behind ridiculous aim requirement.
Is this true? I never thought of extras as demanding aim wise, I find them harder to read and acc than aim.
Topic Starter
PriestMVP
Just a quick update I guess, I've been playing mostly nomod 4-4.9 star maps, aiming for 98%+ accuracy (99% on the lower 4* maps).

Haven't touched HR since the post (minus almost FC'ing a map with HR+NF that kind of annoyed me)