this mod has given me a lot to think about, so ill leave this in the grave while i comb through my map and revise stuff xd
pishifat wrote:hi uber told me to mod your map!! hello there
there's a lot of stuff here i think is okay. rhythm is solid, visuals are okay, and movement is comfortable pretty much all the time. there's some things you might want to think about if you're looking to get this beyond an okay map though:
the thing i see with a lot of difficult maps is how object placements don't relate to each other beyond bare minimum playability. like, sharp angles are comfortable, so anything within a sharp angle is treated as good enough, even if it isn't very polished in the bigger picture.
in your map, i can see the logic behind some placements beyond just comfort sometimes, but not always. for example,00:33:030 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - sliderbodies are in line with jumps, and overall spacing increases as the song's intensity does. you're presenting your ideas clearly, so it's good stuff.
what you should be thinking more about is how 00:34:184 (1,2) - could fit into that. placements you've got now play fine, but don't really form any recognizable pattern, making them seem random (even if you think they're not). 00:34:184 (1,2) - these could be less "random" by visually connecting to surrounding objects in some way.
for example, 00:34:328 (2) - could be equally spcaed between 00:33:463 (1,2) - . given how close the objects are together, it's easy to see their relation.
00:34:184 (1) - is far from any other objects though, so it's harder to clearly relate it. by reflecting the shape formed by 00:33:895 (1,2,2) - though, it's easy enough to see their relation
or you could relate them like this, or like this, or like this, and so on. there's unlimited ways to relate objects with each other
wow this is such a broad concept that ive been missing...
that's a lot of words to explain something simple, so i think you get it. try to make placements pretty much everywhere as clear as possible. the further apart objects are, the harder it may be to clearly relate them. for the most part, your calmer parts are okay about this, whereas it gets a lot messier when there's more density/spacing (for what should be obvious reasons now)
to make myself more clear, here's some examples of clear placements
02:52:357 (1,2,1,2,1,2) -
00:45:578 (1,2,3,4,5,6) -
these are solid
and here's some unclear placements:
02:41:684 (3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,1) - compare what you've currently got to the same thing with clear relationships between objects
02:36:347 (2,3,4,1,2,1,2,1,2) - " "
these don't look like they've had as much thought put into them
by thinking about more is micro stuff, it'll affect the macro more than you'd expect !
aside from this whole rant^, there's not much else i ahve to complain about:
01:49:905 (3,4,5,6,7) - spacing emphasis seems kinda nonsense with 7 here. you probably already know how to handle that yea fixx
also confused about spacing emphasis leading into downbeats like 00:22:357 (6,1) - 00:24:088 (6,1) - . it's not like spacing like that is a bad thing, but you contradict it with like 00:29:280 (3,1) - 00:25:818 (7,1) - and so on all the time. i dont really get it get hmm ill make this more consistent
01:51:780 (1,2,3) - triples mapped to nothing are gross when they're not used to lead into a strong sound oh heck... then i'd have to change a lot
04:37:440 (1,1) - comboing mistake i assume oops
03:17:248 (1) - 04:42:199 (1) - try to like handle sliderslide/tick hitsounds here in a quiet way lol. jarring when compared to the song's near-silence oko
ok bye!! ok thanks!!
Bergy wrote:hi ill try to mod this lul good luck me
from my queue, your song was the only one that is even remotely listenable and this song is pretty good xd
- BG is 1365x768, minimum resolution is 1366x768 xd, + here's a 1920x1080 BG if you decide to use it oh thanks
- untoggle widescreen support if ur not gonna have an sb xd its kinda useless, + epilepsy warning in normal diff fixed
- according to aimod tags conflict between the two diffs fixed
desolate i on
- 00:45:145 (1,2,1,2,3) - if you're going to put circles on each individual note, you might as well time it since the guitars are horribly out of time yea these guitars are really off, but initially it matches the drums so i think ill keep the rhythm for the sake of simplicity/playability
- 01:02:453 (1) - NCs seem really weird through this section, I would try to NC every 2 measures ok ill see what i can do with the nc
- 01:21:636 (3) - Ctrl+G since it has the same sound as 01:21:203 (1) - + move 01:21:924 (4) - on 01:21:491 (2) - for the same reason, then just slightly readjust 01:22:068 (5,6) - . I think that would look and play better hm i like the way this plays and changing it messes up more than the lazy me can put in the effort to fix
- 02:00:434 (4,5,6) - I don't think this triple needs to be here, it's starting on a white tick which means you're emphasizing a (not very strong) red tick. To me it seems you're trying to map the singer's vibrato which isn't worth of a circle IMO. ehh i get what you mean but i also want more variety in rhythm... god i wanna die
- 02:11:251 (1) - dude i know the sliderend snapping is correct for 1/6 but for some reason this triggers me so hard lol
- 02:20:626 (3) - i would say this stream probably should start later but the musicianship in this song is so bad i cant even tell lmAO yea its really hard to tell but i think where it currently starts works
- For 02:30:722 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - I would map 1/6 to the piano or map no stream at all. Starting at 02:31:732 (1,2,3) - the drums start to play 1/4, but before that it's all 1/6. i hear 1/4 in the piano though?
- 02:31:948 (1) - ye typically dont NC on a blue tick xd oops fixed
- 02:46:299 (1) - to me it sounds like the guitar coming in on 02:46:155 (1) - was unintentional considering the same rhythm would be playing at 02:48:030 (1,2) - , so if I were you I wouldn't map that first note since the guitar REALLY comes in at 02:46:299 (1) - . like seriously the musicianship in this song is so awful wtf i mean the song sounds good but the guitarists are so bad dude sorry bergy's rant of the day xd ya i get what ur saying but it just feels awkward without mapping it
- 02:57:116 (2,4) - this blanket is too wide it triggers me xd ok i did something
- 03:17:248 (1) - holy squeezing for drain time, 5 seconds of absolute silence, just add a spinner or something so its not too boring lol ive been constantly changing this back and forth from a slider to a circle, i guess back to a slider it goes...
- 03:32:470 (2) - resnap fixed
- 03:37:205 (3) - map this the same as 03:36:593 (1) - , if anything i hear the second note on the 3 more than i do on the 1. also put it on the 1/8 tick before so the sliderend is on the white tick since thats how the piano plays it yea but im mainly following the vocals, and put the 1/16 slider only when there weren't any... otherwise there'd be too many locations to put short sliders like that lol
- 03:53:161 (5,1,1) - just wanted to say this flow greatly pleases me hey thanks
- 04:03:834 (1) - fix blanket x:386 y:82 thank for kd fixed in my own way
- 04:21:142 (1,2,3) - fix blanket thank for kd oi
- 04:22:728 (6,7,8) - ye u can try harder with these blankets xd - _ -
- 04:55:252 (1) - 300,229 ms drain time pogchamp ayy lmao
that all good luck thanks for the mod
that's ok, thanks anyway
Kami-senpai wrote:was going to mod it, but then i realized 7*...
your map is already really gud take my stars and use them to do lewd things with hanatans beautiful voice
normal diff why
You can change BG res to 1366x768 for make map lower 10 MBs. (Not necessary) lol i just changed to a 1920x1080 bg from previous mod
00:47:597 (3) - move to x208 y16 (move comfortable flow) but that would ruin my back and forth motion
00:48:463 (2) - Ctrl + G ?? these are mirrored toward the center 00:47:597 (3) - , so i'd rather not
02:04:472 (3,4,5,6) - maybe try like this ? http://prntscr.com/e6wjrs uhh right now 02:04:184 (1,2,1,2,3,4,1) - forms a triangle that i'd like to keep
02:26:780 (1,1) - remove NC its to show that the stream is 1/3
Micro mod :> Realy cool map. Added to favs. thanks lo
Good Luck thanks for mod
old diff had a lot of issues though, and i think this is still pretty similar
RevengeZ wrote:the older diff was like a masterpiece compared to this one imo
Yeah butni compared them and ...idk i feel like (even if its kinda similar) the older patterns were more... Epic? Or intense, idk, its just my opinion tho xD
Flezlin wrote:old diff had a lot of issues though, and i think this is still pretty similar
RevengeZ wrote:the older diff was like a masterpiece compared to this one imo
thank 4 mod
Logic Agent wrote:[General]
- HP2? I know this is a fairly difficult map but anyone playing this for a pass should be able to deal with HP higher than 2. I would at the very least do 4 if you're set on a low hp, but would prefer 5 or 6. its my gimmick to go with the song lyrics lol
- That black combo color is extremely hard to see against your background and with 100% dim which is what most people use. You should probably change it to something else. ok ya ur right ill find somethign else
- 00:30:434 (1,1,1) - Wouldn't nc spam here, instead just keep them connected by being a group of 3 and then ncing afterwards. but the sv changes here
- 00:32:165 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - Nothing really changes in the music to warrant a change in nc structure as well as the patterning change. I would kinda like to see these circles arragned differently. ko ill remove ncs but i mean 00:32:165 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - has different drums and i like the pattern lo
- 00:44:280 (1,1,1) - Same as above, not gonna point this out if it happens again, just make a decision and be consistent if you change it. tbh i think ill keep the ncs on sv changes
- 00:46:011 (4) - Would nc here, since this is clearly following a different instrument. oka
- 00:47:741 (4) - Same, as well as removing the nc 00:48:318 (1) - here. oko
- 00:52:934 (4) - Ya. ,'[
- 00:54:665 (4) - Ya, (again done pointing this out) ./
- 01:36:203 (3,1,2) - Could nc spam here if you wanted, or at least start the nc one slider earlier. just nc'd 01:36:203 (3) -
- 02:15:992 - NC structure is inconsistent. oops ur rite ok fixt
Ok this mod sucked because this map is good. Rank when, take another meaningless star. wow thx; rank when i die
thanks for mod
[- Mizki -] wrote:Hello! from the OSUWOT modq. This is gonna be a short mod since I already think that your map is good. ^^ Nice use of star jumps and back and forth jumps.-00:19:184 (1) - kinda feel weird about this slider compared to the other sliders in the map, maybe change shape? only if i can think of a shape without messing other stuff up lol
-02:26:107 (1,1,1,1,1,1) - not sure if the colors are intended or not, you might want to check (red white white red?) uhh yea i still need to fix combo colors, thx for reminder
-02:42:405 (5,1,2,1) - too big of a jump? its pretty intense here, so i think the spacing works
-03:03:318 (5) - maybe nc? could be confusing and i dont really think i need to
Sorry, not very helpful but I really think your map is good. will give a star uwu thanks lol
thank mr. monstrata
Monstrata wrote:This map could use better control of difficult elements imo. Your patterning and flow are generally alright, could still be polished, but not bad. What it boils down to though, is that spacing doesn't always reflect the intensity of the song, and is often overstated in comparison to other sounds yea ur right, ill go through my map and see if i can improve on this
00:25:097 (3,4) - For example, you seem to be emphasizing 4 with this arrangement, which is logical considering the vocals. but they are dwarfed by jumps like 00:25:530 (5,6) - that occur after, mapping to background drum sounds.
00:26:540 (2,3,1) - Same here. Does 3 deserve such a large jump?
00:40:674 (3,1) - This jump is just so bit all of a sudden. Compare it to 00:39:953 (1,2) - which also maps to the vocals.
00:40:818 (1,2,1) - Also 1>2 is a stronger jump than 2>1 but theres a stronger snare drum on 00:41:107 - .
00:42:549 (4,5,1) - Not seeing how 5>1 needs that big of a jump either, while 00:43:415 (1) - ends up getting very little emphasis due to the 3/4 slider.
thanks for the mod
I had to play with +10ms to get a nice hit error ok ill do something about the offset
00:14:424 (2,3) - probably just me, but found these really hard to hit 00:16:155 (2,3) - 00:17:886 (2,3) - 00:19:616 (2,3) - etc
02:11:251 (1) - was this meant to be 1/2 instead of 1/4 no its actually 1/6
02:20:626 (3) - all the way to 02:42:838 (1) - didn't look the cleanest but it played well ill see if i can make it neater
03:43:940 (1) - consider replacing with 1/2 slider and circle i think i prefer holding here
04:37:079 - 04:37:512 - would add note on both to make them triples i dont really hear anything that calls for 1/4..? unstacked tho
04:40:180 (7,8,1,2) - found this weird to hit, not sure why, maybe move 12 further away down from 78/increase spacing dont really want that large of a jump