forum

Newbie Game 14: Flavorless Mafia [Game Over]

posted
Total Posts
show more
beeboy123

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

I've always seen sheeping as a scummy thing to do.
Are these the horrible scum tells you use to scum read me every game?
beeboy123

Sakura wrote:

Zaphkael wrote:

Sakura could you say things other than 'this is town' the whole game?
Sure:
There's 2 scum on Navi/Jess/Frost
You're welcome
Nah.
Sakura
"But Sakura, how are you coming to those scumreads"
PoE
"But Sakura, how are you arriving at that PoE"
p/5312498

Any more questions?
beeboy123
Frostings town posting tho.
beeboy123
Although I have no idea how he plays as scum
beeboy123
I have roughly arrived at the same POE but I am not feeling strongly about Tsukasa (literally sheeping GIF).
But Frostings is town posting.
Sakura

beeboy123 wrote:

I have roughly arrived at the same POE but I am not feeling strongly about Tsukasa (literally sheeping GIF).
Read his ISO (Frostings) on Greatest Idea Mafia 3 and tell me what you think.
I'm open to being wrong about him, regardless he's the weakest of my townreads right now.
Frostings
Unvote
Navizel
Some of the posts are about past games and mafiascum and I can't follow
halp
Topic Starter
Zexion
Votecount 1.7
-[Jess]- [3] - GuyInFreezer, Sakura, beeboy123
- Magic Bomb - [1] - Tsukasa
Zaphkael [1] - Navizel
Sakura [1] - Zaphkael
GuyInFreezer [0] -
Navizel [0] -
beeboy123 [0] -
Tsukasa [0] -
Frostings [0] -

No Lynch [0] -
Not Voting [3] - - Magic Bomb -, -[Jess]-, Frostings
With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Please tell me if you see any mistakes.
Deadline for Day 1 is Wendnesday, 20th July 2:00 AM UTC.
beeboy123

Sakura wrote:

beeboy123 wrote:

Read his ISO (Frostings) on Greatest Idea Mafia 3 and tell me what you think.
I'm open to being wrong about him, regardless he's the weakest of my townreads right now.
As far as I can see he wasn't scum hunting he was just declaring people's alignments in that game.
Navizel
I never understood how Magic Bomb townread Jess in the first place
Sakura irks me. Care to explain all the "this is town" and your vote reasons? Either I didn't read carefully enough or I didn't see them at all.
I don't like beeboy at all.

Zaphkael wrote:

Navi is confscum cause he didnt say 'memes'
gay memes
Also I can't be assed with the meta shit. I can't even remember anything from the last game fuck you guys ;)
Navizel

Sakura wrote:

"But Sakura, how are you coming to those scumreads"
PoE
"But Sakura, how are you arriving at that PoE"
p/5312498

Any more questions?
does that include sheeping
Navizel
I don't feel any townness towards Frostings this game hmmm
Tsukasa
Where the hell is Jess?
beeboy123
Navi can you explain your scum read on me or do you not actually have any plans to push me?
Sakura
Feel free to ask me about any read.
Not like that helps your alignment :)
Sakura
but yeah, FMPoV if you're town, then Frostings scum, and Jess is scum in either scenario.
Everyone else is just way too townie.
beeboy123
Idk Sakura I am still skeptical of you because you won that one game 2 years ago. /s
Navizel

beeboy123 wrote:

Navi can you explain your scum read on me or do you not actually have any plans to push me?
huh
I'm still -somewhat- neutral on you. I just stated that I don't like you at all.
Navizel
By the way, I don't like you for sheeping. It was annoying.
Sakura

Navizel wrote:

By the way, I don't like you for sheeping. It was annoying.
But sheeping is like the best thing ever.
How else am i going to get AI reactions from ppl if i dont vote together with others? XD
beeboy123
^ What Sakura said sheeping isn't bad play at all.
beeboy123
Especially when I am sheeping a top town read who can read people better then I can.
Navizel
xd
GuyInFreezer

Tsukasa wrote:

Where the hell is Jess?
Vote her to summon
Frostings
this game is a little hard for me :(
I've actually never not had a terrible scum read that I followed for the rest of the day, so I don't really know what to do here :oops:

I have a lingering suspicion of Sakura, but I don't want to vote her yet because of personal reasons

mb seems relatively town in that he's getting annoyed easily (I think he'd be more enthusiastic as scum ;) )

Haven't been paying much attention to others, though I'm looking out for Navi because he seemed unenthusiastic about joining and I know he doesn't like playing scum :^)
Also I feel like ms1 didn't contribute much to town while he was here
Frostings
also reading through ms1's ISO and read this for the first time:

metal sonic1 wrote:

context: i caught him as a 1-shot unlynchable scum in sakura's game (here, obviously) that ended less than a week ago, but because of the fact that he was unlynchable once, it created a strong fakeclaim for him to slip past me and win the game. the fact of the matter was that I caught him the first time based on pure reads, but he did win.
Holy shit LOL pure gold :) :)
Sakura
It may also be a byproduct of him getting apathetic because of getting PoE'd out.

I'm more confident in a Navi/Jess scumteam now.
Frostings
Hi Jess. I need two names from you: one who you think is town, and one who you think is scum

Don't be shy :)
Navizel

Frostings wrote:

though I'm looking out for Navi because he seemed unenthusiastic about joining and I know he doesn't like playing scum :^)
really
when was I last scum though I don't remember.p sure it depends if I'm in the mood to play mafia at all
Tsukasa
I kinda dropped my read on MB a bit with nav's though
-[Jess]-

Frostings wrote:

Hi Jess. I need two names from you: one who you think is town, and one who you think is scum

ok

Town:You,(maybe)MB,zaph
sucm:GIF
Navizel

-[Jess]- wrote:

Frostings wrote:

ok

Town:You,(maybe)MB,zaph
sucm:GIF
reasons?
Navizel

beeboy123 wrote:

Especially when I am sheeping a top town read who can read people better then I can.
Do you really just plan on sheeping all game

At least from what I can see Sakura has reads of her own
-[Jess]-

Navizel wrote:

reasons?
Frosty is always town according to his luck
MB 's read seen town,however he might also be scum
Zaph,idk gut read
GIF's random PoE make me feel this is a thing that only scum do
Navizel

-[Jess]- wrote:

Navizel wrote:

reasons?
Frosty is always town according to his luck
MB 's read seen town,however he might also be scum
Zaph,idk gut read
What about Sakura's PoE then? and beeboy cause he's just following GIF?

If you're townreading Frostings because he's always town, should we also scumread you because you're always scum?
Navizel
Unvote btw
Sakura

-[Jess]- wrote:

[MB 's read seen town,however he might also be scum
GuyInFreezer
Random?

Zaphkael

Zaphkael wrote:

beeboy123 wrote:

Ok fine as long as you vote GIF eventually.
Why GIF tho pls
The one time i can play with him
Ok that sounded weird

BUT YOU GET MY POINT
leave him until my scumradar catches him
Until then ill protect him
And lock him up in my basement
And OH NO I AINT BE GETTIN SHOT
Cuz i know where you'll go
(I hope I now successfully soft fakeclaimed all possible PR's)
This is the part where I started to townread him. The context doesn't tell us shit but I'm the guy who usually looks for tones and stuff and I like his attitude coming from this post. Granted I haven't played with the dude yet but hey mafia is not a game where you need an experience with a guy to read him.

Zaphkael wrote:

metal sonic1 wrote:

A long, long, time ago, in a planet far far away, thou was on the blue team of a foul xenobladian cult
Then I got my first infraction ever and force replaced at lylo and gimped and didn't get to wear two scummies that year

But I can't remember anything more relevant
So you are basically metal sonic on mafiascum. That makes it easier to get meta.
Minor stuff, but this shows that he is thinking of forming reads, which is townish.

Zaphkael wrote:

Eh?
Sakura townread me way too fast, especially after last game
I said 'ill ignore that though' AND SHE JUST WENT WITH THAT
i have been scum with her in a marathon and i know that meta shouldnt be used here
But she gets awkward and tries to avoid stuff
What did she do?
Yes.
Sudden paranoia of someone townreading him quicker than his pace. Even though I don't agree with his decision he came out decently town with the way of showing his here. Attempted reaction test is a bonus.

And then there's his posting in general that I really shouldn't need to explain to y'all.

Remember when I first said I had my first townread?
This dude.

Sakura

If I have to tl;dr, she's not attempting to 'hide' around me. And that's enough, really.
It's also probably hard to explain why she's town because for some reason she adopted my style of playing a bit so I can, well, kinda see her when she's town, and that's what I rely on reading her which makes explaining why I townread her very difficult without just going "lolmeta trust me on this".
But then, best way to read her is to draw the game out and see if she keeps this up the whole darn game but it's D1, so my read accuracy I'm going to say is 90%.

Oh also, if you keep tell her "omg why do you only say 'X is town???', she's just going to do more. Just saying XD

So why am I not quoting stuff and do the similiar thing above?
Congratulations, you failed the reading check. Please read above for an answer for that question.

Tsukasa/Beeboy

Yes, I'm going to group them. I swear I'm not being lazy.

In case of Tsukasa, I've seen him unable to discern trolling before, so him jumping on to my RQS was very normal and to be honest, I baited that myself for an amusement. Anyway, if you ISO him, you can see that he has no problem sharing his read changes without being asked and is very transparent (in fact, too transparent) on his read development. And that's town.

So now beeboy. He is very prone to sheeping. I haven't seen him sheeping as scum (in fact, I've never seen beeboy scum before. Oh wait, yes I have. LAL Hmm. Come to think of it, I don't think he tried to sheep anyone as scum? But then that game was 2 years ago.). Despite his sub-par trolling in this game though, he is capable of attempting to explain his scumread for support, defending his read, and those actions generally comes from a town mindset.
And most importantly, he is sheeping me.

Frostings

TL;DR :) :) :) :) :) :) 8-) 8-) 8-) >:( :lol:

For one, I don't think his "$UP3R PARANOI@" is not faked. With the mindset, FoS on Sakura makes sense.
He also shows uneasyness on suspicious movements (like mass sheeping. Those can look very awkward time to time.)

My only problem is, I can't tell when the dude is joking or not. This is probably my weakest townread and this is where I draw the line between "towns" and "non-towns."
show more