forum

Newbie Game 14: Flavorless Mafia [Game Over]

posted
Total Posts
show more
MBomb
Ok so scrolling through ISOs, giving reads as I go. Not in any order other than order on first page, I might try and summarise from most town to least town afterwards, but it won't be in that order at first.

Sakura - Null right now. Not a fan of how she voted me right after asking why someone else voted me, with her reasoning being meta, and no real reasoning inbetween. I don't feel as though she is actually sheeping GIF however, it just looks that from how she's acting. Her suddenly changing her read from scumreading me to "very strongly" townreading me in just a few posts definitely seems strange. However, my gut is still telling me town despite all this.

Metal Sonic1 - Nothing much to post on, almost all of his posts have been about stuff I don't understand (Such as the one about how he, GIF and Sakura go way back) with his only read really showing being Zaph. Can't really form much of a read based on that.

Zaph - Very town, I like how he's responding to Sakura, and the fact how you can see his reads developing throughout the game.

Jess - Null scum, was actually townread before (As I mentioned), however I really don't like that most recent post, and there's only 2 other posts she made, and neither of them are really that much of a reason to townread her now that I think about it.

Tsukasa - Null scum, constant vote changing and sudden read changes to go with the game make him seem very suspicious to me, how RQS "ruined" his read makes little sense to me, and they're pointing a lot of things as scumtells, leading me into thinking it's possibly an excuse to get as many potential mislycnhes as possible.

beeboy - Null, like I said yesterday, I read through his iso again and have no idea why I was scumreading him, other than the sheeping (which is the main reason this isn't null town), as well as him saying him saying he will sheep GIF right after saying "GIF why does your post above vote imply you think all my scum reads are town." a few posts earlier.

Frostings - Town, because Frostings is always town. But nah, I like how he comments in response to people following GIF, and how he responded to the meta talks.

GIF - Null-scum, I don't like how hard he was pushing me to get my reads, and the way how he seems to just keep jumping between different people, whilst saying himself he's not trying to get reactions, feels kinda strange to me. However, his high post count makes me more confident that he isn't scum.

Sorry for taking so long, I just lose motivation when making long posts so much.
Sakura
@MB: I very strongly townread your reaction's to GIF's pressuring and that isn't "just a few posts"
GuyInFreezer
GIF - Null-scum, I don't like how hard he was pushing me to get my reads, and the way how he seems to just keep jumping between different people, whilst saying himself he's not trying to get reactions, feels kinda strange to me. However, his high post count makes me more confident that he isn't scum.
:V

Dunno what you mean by jumping between different people.
GuyInFreezer
I'm bored so I'm going to comment every part of your entire readlist as I see fit.

Sakura - Null right now. Not a fan of how she voted me right after asking why someone else voted me
Can a person not be curious about other's reason for voting his votee?

with her reasoning being meta, and no real reasoning inbetween.
Is meta a not a real reasoning in a game of mafia?

I don't feel as though she is actually sheeping GIF however, it just looks that from how she's acting.
This was very obvious, yes. Dunno why others fail to see it.

Her suddenly changing her read from scumreading me to "very strongly" townreading me in just a few posts definitely seems strange.
If you only consider the quantity of the post, I guess so?
But we both know a lot happened during those few posts.

However, my gut is still telling me town despite all this.
...Then shouldn't the readlist say null-town? :V

Metal Sonic1 - (Null) Nothing much to post on, almost all of his posts have been about stuff I don't understand (Such as the one about how he, GIF and Sakura go way back)
We the oldies.

with his only read really showing being Zaph. Can't really form much of a read based on that.
Acceptable.

Zaph - Very town, I like how he's responding to Sakura, and the fact how you can see his reads developing throughout the game.
Very generic statement but I'll take it since it's really hard to give a detailed description about how someone is obvtown.

Jess - Null scum, was actually townread before (As I mentioned)
I still don't know how the hell people actually even formed a read on her that early.

however I really don't like that most recent post, and there's only 2 other posts she made, and neither of them are really that much of a reason to townread her now that I think about it.
Can I know how you townread her prior to her recent posts?

Tsukasa - Null scum, constant vote changing and sudden read changes to go with the game make him seem very suspicious to me
Do you think scum will go with a flow to an extreme degree like this?

how RQS "ruined" his read makes little sense to me
I can answer you this. That's because of the #2 lol

and they're pointing a lot of things as scumtells, leading me into thinking it's possibly an excuse to get as many potential mislycnhes as possible.
Very one-sided opinion, which you've been doing quite a lot actually every time I saw you in game.
Normally this is where I turn your reasoning against you and say you may be doing the same thing by failing to see the other side of the coin, but hey. That's just how you play.

beeboy - Null, like I said yesterday, I read through his iso again and have no idea why I was scumreading him, other than the sheeping (which is the main reason this isn't null town)
Gun to your head, which alignment do you think beeboy will sheep someone more as?

Frostings - Town, because Frostings is always town. But nah, I like how he comments in response to people following GIF, and how he responded to the meta talks.
See Zeph.
GuyInFreezer
Now I'm getting a hard flashback of LoL UPick. Considering that it was a game that was forgotten until yesterday, it's quite interesting.
GuyInFreezer
Tsukasa: Son of a bitch GIF stop posting too damn much
Topic Starter
Zexion
Metal Sonic1 has asked for a replacement. Looking into it right now.
Tsukasa
I have decided to not care about GiF posts that much for the whole of D1
Tsukasa
Lets also elect Magic bomb for president

We just need 4 more votes guys
Sakura

Tsukasa wrote:

Here let me help you
I'm town, GIF's town, You're town, MB's town, let's vote scum.
GuyInFreezer

Tsukasa wrote:

GuyInFreezer wrote:

Tsukasa: Son of a bitch GIF stop posting too damn much
Called it
Frostings
wow Mb posting day1 reads what's happening this game
also FoS Sakura
stop acting like everyone's confirmed town when literally nobody is :roll:
Frostings
it's easier to townread people as scum and mass "confirming" town on Day 1 just looks like you want them on your side
Sakura

Frostings wrote:

wow Mb posting day1 reads what's happening this game
also FoS Sakura
stop acting like everyone's confirmed town when literally nobody is :roll:
That FoS looks very weak, why not back that up with a vote instead?
I'm not backing down from my stances even if it gets me lynched in the process, I've found towny thought process in posting and im not afraid to out them.
Tsukasa

Sakura wrote:

Tsukasa wrote:

Here let me help you
I'm town, GIF's town, You're town, MB's town, let's vote scum.
Replace MB as frostings and GiF as fuckface

Love you GiF <3
GuyInFreezer
I am slowly losing faith of this game.
MBomb

GuyInFreezer wrote:

Sakura - Null right now. Not a fan of how she voted me right after asking why someone else voted me
Can a person not be curious about other's reason for voting his votee?
But it's the fact she asked, implying she didn't know why I was being scumread, and then scumread me.

GuyInFreezer"[quote]with her reasoning being meta, and no real reasoning inbetween.[/quote]
Is meta a not a real reasoning in a game of mafia?[/quote]

Meta can work well with multiple other things as well, but on it's own, it is terrible to base reads off of.

[quote="GuyInFreezer wrote:

However, my gut is still telling me town despite all this.
...Then shouldn't the readlist say null-town? :V
Well no, because my gut is going against my logic, so they kinda cancel each other out in my mind, I guess.

GuyInFreezer wrote:

however I really don't like that most recent post, and there's only 2 other posts she made, and neither of them are really that much of a reason to townread her now that I think about it.
Can I know how you townread her prior to her recent posts?
In her post, she seemed to be more concerned about the vote on sonic than herself, which could lead to a scumteam but in all honesty, I actually don't think it's really worth a townread at all, that was just my thought process when I said she was town.

GuyInFreezer wrote:

Tsukasa - Null scum, constant vote changing and sudden read changes to go with the game make him seem very suspicious to me
Do you think scum will go with a flow to an extreme degree like this?
Honestly, yeah. In my eyes it always seems best for scum to go with what other people think, because it's harder for scum to base a read solely on posts, as they of course know the alignment of other players, so the best reads they can form are ones that others agree with.

GuyInFreezer wrote:

beeboy - Null, like I said yesterday, I read through his iso again and have no idea why I was scumreading him, other than the sheeping (which is the main reason this isn't null town)
Gun to your head, which alignment do you think beeboy will sheep someone more as?
I've always seen sheeping as a scummy thing to do.
MBomb
I hate formatting.
Topic Starter
Zexion
Navizel replaces metal sonic1 effective immediately.
-[Jess]-

GuyInFreezer wrote:

So we got a mindless parroting here
So you think this is a mindless thought,I don't think meta will help to read out a people's mind of being town or scum.
Navizel
gay
Navizel
still at school
will post something later hopefully
Zaphkael
GIF this is osumafia lmao what do you expect
Navi is confscum cause he didnt say 'memes'
Sakura could you say things other than 'this is town' the whole game?
MB is townie to me, his reasoning and the way he does his effort is town.
Sad that sakura and navi had to draw scum this game

@mod: Ill be V/LA from 16-19 july. If I'm not back the 19th, it means my internet in China is shit and you'll have to replace me.
GuyInFreezer
But it's the fact she asked, implying she didn't know why I was being scumread, and then scumread me.
It actually doesn't imply that. Rather, she wanted to know why Tsukasa was voting you, which means she was attempting to read Tsukasa.

Meta can work well with multiple other things as well, but on it's own, it is terrible to base reads off of.
So just your personal opinion.

This doesn't answer my question. I didn't ask you about what you think about sheeping. I asked you about whether beeboy is more subjective to sheeping as town or scum, aka his behavior.

Using your standards to judge someone's behavior won't get you very far in the game of mafia (especially the textbook standards).
Not everyone think the same way as you do, and not everyone acts the same way as you do.
Mafia is a very flexible game, and failing to recognize that is a major reason of why the useless tunneling and massive TvT happens. Because they fail to recognize that different players play different ways, they attempt to judge others based on how they play, which prevents an effective communication and ultimately prevents from understanding what the fuck each other is talking about.

"Because I see a certain behavior as certain alignment, I will continue to persue it that way" is a terrible mindset to bring on to a mafia game.
GuyInFreezer
I'm going to take a break from this game today
Sakura

Zaphkael wrote:

Sure:
There's 2 scum on Navi/Jess/Frost
You're welcome
beeboy123

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

Are these the horrible scum tells you use to scum read me every game?
beeboy123

Sakura wrote:

Zaphkael wrote:

Sure:
There's 2 scum on Navi/Jess/Frost
You're welcome
Nah.
Sakura
"But Sakura, how are you coming to those scumreads"
PoE
"But Sakura, how are you arriving at that PoE"
p/5312498

Any more questions?
beeboy123
Frostings town posting tho.
beeboy123
Although I have no idea how he plays as scum
beeboy123
I have roughly arrived at the same POE but I am not feeling strongly about Tsukasa (literally sheeping GIF).
But Frostings is town posting.
Sakura

beeboy123 wrote:

I have roughly arrived at the same POE but I am not feeling strongly about Tsukasa (literally sheeping GIF).
Read his ISO (Frostings) on Greatest Idea Mafia 3 and tell me what you think.
I'm open to being wrong about him, regardless he's the weakest of my townreads right now.
Frostings
Unvote
Navizel
Some of the posts are about past games and mafiascum and I can't follow
halp
Topic Starter
Zexion
Votecount 1.7
-[Jess]- [3] - GuyInFreezer, Sakura, beeboy123
- Magic Bomb - [1] - Tsukasa
Zaphkael [1] - Navizel
Sakura [1] - Zaphkael
GuyInFreezer [0] -
Navizel [0] -
beeboy123 [0] -
Tsukasa [0] -
Frostings [0] -

No Lynch [0] -
Not Voting [3] - - Magic Bomb -, -[Jess]-, Frostings
With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Please tell me if you see any mistakes.
Deadline for Day 1 is Wendnesday, 20th July 2:00 AM UTC.
beeboy123

Sakura wrote:

beeboy123 wrote:

Read his ISO (Frostings) on Greatest Idea Mafia 3 and tell me what you think.
I'm open to being wrong about him, regardless he's the weakest of my townreads right now.
As far as I can see he wasn't scum hunting he was just declaring people's alignments in that game.
Navizel
I never understood how Magic Bomb townread Jess in the first place
Sakura irks me. Care to explain all the "this is town" and your vote reasons? Either I didn't read carefully enough or I didn't see them at all.
I don't like beeboy at all.

Zaphkael wrote:

Navi is confscum cause he didnt say 'memes'
gay memes
Also I can't be assed with the meta shit. I can't even remember anything from the last game fuck you guys ;)
Navizel

Sakura wrote:

"But Sakura, how are you coming to those scumreads"
PoE
"But Sakura, how are you arriving at that PoE"
p/5312498

Any more questions?
does that include sheeping
Navizel
I don't feel any townness towards Frostings this game hmmm
show more