Area of your Bamboo tablet.

posted
Total Posts
show more
Rewben2
Napoletana_old

fullscreen 1680x1050
murmurp
Some people must be moving their pen less than two centimeters! At the same time, "full area" is sometimes too big... Really depends the your tablet. On my (slightly old) Wacom Bamboo - Medium, this area that I use is 11cm wide. I figured I would start at a reasonable size... One where it forced me to move my hand. Something that I read a while back about handwriting said that some people move their whole arm when writing and some just move their fingers... You're more likely to have messier handwriting if you write with your fingers supposedly. I write with my fingers but I try to force myself to a larger area on Osu so maybe it'll actually be useful to me one day with my drawing!

I'm pretty sure that small precise repetitive movements with your wrist is a fast track to RSI anyway.

1920x1080 btw. I've no idea what the benefit of having force proportions off would be. I don't like moving up and down my tablet as much as left/right so square would be a nightmare!

I'm still a noob but I find jumps fairly easy to hit accurately at this size. I'm struggling a little on smaller circles on some maps with HR so I can't imagine wanting to have a smaller tablet area!
Xyrax Alaria

Micro area FTW right?

... Right?
Audiodelus
SimpleLight
Rewben2
iderekmc

it says im left handed but im not xD
iderekmc

Primula wrote:

Wacom Intuos 640 >w<
lol
murmurp

iderekmc wrote:

Primula wrote:

Wacom Intuos 640 >w<
lol
Yeah I don't even...
Ariahod
Borderless 1366x768 (Osu) Lol
Tripp
Full master race

Will3x
Caam

Left is Bamboo fun which is my friends I play on it sometimes and the Right is my CTL-480
Blueprint
F me my pc changed my settings now its full area forgot my own area :(
Mushu
i have the splash and im thinking of getting the intuos small. anyone know if its possible to enter the tablet area size manually. i want to use the cth 460 4.9-by-3.4-inch active area for the intous small.
DENKOUSEKKA

BongJay wrote:

i have the splash and im thinking of getting the intuos small. anyone know if its possible to enter the tablet area size manually. i want to use the cth 460 4.9-by-3.4-inch active area for the intous small.

(also is not bamboo ;_;)
SanicHegehog

BongJay wrote:

intuos drivers are amazing
Mushu

Yularia wrote:

BongJay wrote:

(also is not bamboo ;_;)

BongJay wrote:

o wow so what would i enter for the coordinates to get 4.9 by 3.4 inches/ is it possible to use the intous drivers for the bamboo splash?
Venumidas
Josh

~ 1366x768 osu! resolution
Astar

Monitor 1680x1050, osu! is 1024x768 windowed ;;
Vasta
djjsixpack
New area because tablet settings took a crap, yay.

Mushu
So i figured out the Coordinates thing for the tablet (got the ctl 480 today). Basically 1 inch=2533 Counts so if you leave top/left at 0 then Bottom = Length and Right =Width. knowing this is useful for people who are trying to moving up to full area or just want to try other tablet exact areas.

Just a example i play 5in by 2.5in area so i would put.

top=0 Bottom=6332
left=0 Right=12665
Kevs

on 1920x1080 Resolution and osu! is fullscreen.
Karuta-_old_1

Wacom CTL-470, 1024 x 768 fullscreen scaled
Full screen is simply too big, I only use it when I write something
And the sensitivity somehow feels slower on a larger area (correct me if I'm wrong)

I have no problem doing jumps or streams, the only problem is not being about to follow the beats properly
I do intend to increase the size, millimetre by millimetre when I have the chance to try it
hehe

[MY] yummy90 XP wrote:

Wacom CTL-470, 1024 x 768 fullscreen scaled
Full screen is simply too big, I only use it when I write something
And the sensitivity somehow feels slower on a larger area (correct me if I'm wrong)

I have no problem doing jumps or streams, the only problem is not being about to follow the beats properly
I do intend to increase the size, millimetre by millimetre when I have the chance to try it
trust me going up is the best feeling ever. you might feel slower and get tired easier, but the aiming pays off. i used to have a tiny ass area and was super inaccurate with my aim even if the speed was top notch. go as large as you can without it being uncomfortable/needing unnecessary arm movement. you could either up it a little everyday and get through the difference in warm up or start right over.

Phonesavanh
Nub1
Too lazy to set
Vasta
[Nandi]
[/centre]
Korakov

I'm not using full area anymore since i upgrade to Windows 8.1 Pro.
My Angel Gordon

monitor @ 1920x1080
osu @ 1440x900
Mikelicious
full area
tokaku
B1rd
^what is that Windows XP

This is what I'm using now~

I think someone said that full area is better so I went for this with fullscreen osu!, I think large areas are fun, it sort of feels like the pen is dancing on the tablet when you're doing a fast song.
blueray101
Can someone explain the point of playing at different resolutions in full screen and if i should be using my arm if i use the whole table?
B1rd

blueray101 wrote:

Can someone explain the point of playing at different resolutions in full screen?
I don't think there is much point.
[ yogurt ]

Screen: 1366x768
osu: fullscreen

Does anyone play on notebook 1366x768 on full area?
show more