forum

Area of your Bamboo tablet.

posted
Total Posts
show more
JAKACHAN

Salvage wrote:

oh yea i cant grab the pen like that, i grab it like a pencil so thats why its probabbly most confortable with a small/medium area.
I hold the pen like a pencil and use full area as well (With force prop) and I have no problem. Really just takes some time to get used to it took me about a week as well to start doing what I could do before, but now I feel much more confident in my ability to do any type of jump or mod.
Salvage
yea with my new area its noticeable how i can do some patters i couldn't before, but full area its too much imo
Fabi

ragelewa wrote:

Salvage wrote:

u got used to it that easy? .. okay maybe its not that bad, i cant picture me playing full tho, that size its ok.

and yea i guess i'll suck for a day or 2 with that area till i get used to it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1lbMFElC9s (not willing to actually embed or anything because the point of this thread isn't to post videos)

he has a different style of holding the pen so it's not a surprise, if you're used to using your wrist or something it takes a while to get used to

i think
I hold the pen like you do, but I don't use my wrist. As I use fullscreen, I can't use my wrist because Im not able to reach the corners of the tablet.
Salvage
yay new area it's way better
Sync

Salvage wrote:

oh yea i cant grab the pen like that, i grab it like a pencil so thats why its probabbly most confortable with a small/medium area.
same here

I write small and writing big is impossible for me which is why I chose to use a small active area

also I grip the pen very tight :(

JMC
stevemin_old
Gorlum
24'' Full Screen
Cristian

EDIT: trying to find a new area
TenDesires_old

I'll se if I can do a better setting for the areas though.
Salvage
I have to say to everyone who is playing small area that i played small area for almost a year then changed to a medium one and the difference is ridiculous, i got insanely way better with this area i can't even understand why
RaneFire
It sounds like learning to play on both large and small area is what helps out the most, not only that full area is superior (srs?).
Salvage
i played both (well i didn't play full i'm playing on a medium one) and, even tho i could do really nice stuff with the small area, my improvement with this one is really noticeable, which leads me to the conclusion that a medium area is superior to a small one, atleast from my perspective.
Sonez_old

fullscreen in-game same resolution as desktop

Just got the bamboo connect yesterday, was having alot of trouble getting used to it. big areas seem WAY to slow, so i finally settled on this and can play fairly well for 2nd day use.

Maybe ill try expanding the area slowly, fast jumps at this small of an area makes my accuracy lower. Also I hold the pen like I would while normally writing, and I don't touch the pad just hover above it, don't know if thats good or not.
Dustice

fullscreen mode ingame~
i dont know why but i can only play when my tablet is diagonal on my desk ^^
MMzz

+Fullscreen osu!
Mythras
glad i read this thread and turned on force proportions >< something did seem off.
hinamizawan
420Guy
:3

Z666ful
Pizzicato
Dasiel_old
Liut
Full area D:
Swatty

:D
Valentiino

I find it difficult to use a larger area, since somehow, I have to lay my arm down and not move it (this is the total reverse of my mouse playstyle, and it's destroying my wrist.) How does one play with a moving hand and tablet?

Screen resolution: 1920x1200
osu! resolution: 1440x900 windowed
jianzii
So the advantage to using a smaller area is moving your hand less, or is there also another reason a smaller area is nice aside from that?
Pizzicato

new PC = new area
I got used to it in 5 mins :o
Royboyvdm
Iv been using tablet for like 3 months now, and i still cant find a good grip and area so i wont move my wrist , i either shake when its to small or to big, or i just cant reach one of the corners, still changing every now and then between small area/medium xD
Sonez_old
Is there any full area players here with a live video by chance, as much as I try to understand I just cannot figure out how to use full area.

What resolution should I be using.
Colored

my lol
Yuno
Mine :3

Nyu_old2
Just got a tablet today! :D so much fun

edit: whoops just realized it wasn't forcing proportions, fixed!
420Guy
WiKi_old_1
Full area :3
audiserverhaseo

/me is a noob ;^;
mrgnstrn
I got tablet 5 month ago, and started with small area.
But then i slowly changed it to full.
Now i`m playing with full area on 24 monitor 1920x1080. Osu - 1366x768
Rewondernard
420Guy
Switched to that, i hope now i can better jump..

JMC
before

after
-Athena-
0x0 because I don't have one D:
show more