forum

Slowing Down...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aiseus
I decided that I was gr8 at this game and went way too fast as far as difficulty is concerned, meaning that I'm stuck with a preference for AR 8.5-9 and no maps easy for me to FC with that AR (oh yes, and I suck with HR). I need to slow down and practice some easier maps but I'm frustrated by low AR (i.e anything under 8). Is there anyway to slow down besides the usual play those types of maps more?
Endaris
Play AR7 with Hidden. Any map below AR7 with Hidden is just about visually identifying rhythmical patterns and tapping to the beat. And since you tap to the beat by ear you won't even notice it's AR7 provided you're good.
You can also try playing slow AR8 maps such as this: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/304754 (post your score!)
More AR8 in general won't hurt and AR7 isn't needed very often either way. If you don't want to play AR below 7 then don't.
Fxjlk
Try playing fun maps that are low AR, that way you can get the practice you want without feeling so frustrated.
StephOsu
holy shit there's some lowbies that realized that they are going too fast instead of wanting to go faster to the way of AR10
i like this guy and im going to help

you can either do what endaris said and I recommend more on dropping your AR little by little by starting with AR8
If you can't do slow AR8 then try fast AR8 first like this one to get used to AR8 before going slow with AR8 and dropping your AR further
Sayorie

Aiseus wrote:

I decided that I was gr8 at this game
I stopped reading at that point.
Sorun
Why play anything below AR 9? Play more till you can fc

Gottta go fastt
Ninonuko
But ar 9 is low ar nowaday.
Deva

Ninonuko wrote:

But ar 9 is low ar nowaday.
You are allowed to say that AR9 is slow only after you FC Atama no taisou and Rainbow dash
Ninonuko
So I should fc ascension to heaven before saying ar 8 is slow?
Deva
Maybe?

I judge how difficult AR is by note density on a certain map and not by its actual speed, that's what I meant.
Yuudachi-kun
Actual speed affects note density
Deva
I meant actual speed of the AR.
tfg50
AR 9 is slow by today's standards, don't even try to argue otherwise. I'll be able to fc shit like monstrata's farm maps on ar5 before being able to pass atama no taisou or rainbow dash on any AR, that is a bs argument.
Yuudachi-kun

tfg50 wrote:

AR 9 is slow by today's standards, don't even try to argue otherwise. I'll be able to fc shit like monstrata's farm maps on ar5 before being able to pass atama no taisou or rainbow dash on any AR, that is a bs argument.
2016 is terrible if ar9 is slow.
tfg50

Khelly wrote:

2016 is terrible if ar9 is slow.
Welcome to 2016.

About the topic: you can try to find a good mp but that's kinda rare nowadays. Just play what you like and don't even think about the ar, if you don't fuck up it will come naturally.
Deva

tfg50 wrote:

Atama no taisou on AR10 is actually easier by a stupidly huge margin than with AR9. Not sure about rainbow dash tho because last time i played it i was struggling with 3* maps.

I actually find it quite hard to believe that you cant pass atama no taisou AR10, are you sure about that?
Yuudachi-kun

HK_ wrote:

tfg50 wrote:

Atama no taisou on AR10 is actually easier by a stupidly huge margin than with AR9. Not sure about rainbow dash tho because last time i played it i was struggling with 3* maps.

I actually find it quite hard to believe that you cant pass atama no taisou AR10, are you sure about that?
It's actually quite fun on ar10 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=metnJGiI6zA

I don't believe this guy can't pass it ar10 either