forum

Does keyboard smashing counts as an art?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tornado
U know... stabbing it with a knife or hitting with a hammer and after that u write names with the little pieces of it (or with the keys)

If it counts as a real art; I may open a thread of it and write requested texts with the keyboard pieces.

Yes.I am THAT much bored.
Jellyblob
x
levesterz
Idk but i have seen stuff in internet that people reclaim used toilet and claim it as art soo i not very sure what define as art now
puccithecat
smashing keyboard isnt really an art
unless you are talented at it xD
Jellyblob
x
Meah
depends
Endaris

Meah wrote:

depends
summarising art in one word. that's art
Jukkii
Art is a diverse range of human activities in creating visual, auditory or performing artifacts (artworks), expressing the author's imaginative or technical skill, intended to be appreciated for their beauty or emotional power.[1][2] In their most general form these activities include the production of works of art, the criticism of art, the study of the history of art, and the aesthetic dissemination of art. -Wikipedia
basically if you just smash your keyboard it isnt but if you do it beautifully or in a way that has a meaning then it is
Navizel
modern art is not art
Endie-

Navizel wrote:

modern art is not art
its called "modern art" lol.
Navizel
I also like to think I'm Japanese even though I'm not.
puccithecat

Navizel wrote:

modern art is not art
if you add oil painting effect to an image in paint.net
Jellyblob
x
AutoMedic

Navizel wrote:

modern art is not art
modern art more like modern aint
Rilene
i paste red and blue paint in a stripe patten and call it "combination of heat and cold" then i got 10/10 in art

this should apply to keyboard smashing as well
Yuudachi-kun

Navizel wrote:

modern art is not art

Conceptual art is not art
Jellyblob
x
TaliNation

Tornado wrote:

U know... stabbing it with a knife or hitting with a hammer and after that u write names with the little pieces of it (or with the keys)

If it counts as a real art; I may open a thread of it and write requested texts with the keyboard pieces.

Yes.I am THAT much bored.

If it is real art, I will be rich soon :3 (RIP my keyboard)
Razzy
what's everyone's opinion on performance art
Endaris
performance art only leaves traces in minds of the audience
so the audience ends up being the actual art and should be put under monumental protection
Yuudachi-kun
Hahaha monumental protection

Good pun
Railey2
The phrase "thing X is art" is misleading, because it implies that "being art" is an objective quality, like having a certain color or weight. It is not. Art depends on the observer. This alone be enough to prove that "being art" can not be an objective quality.
When people try to claim an object as being objectively art, this only shows their mind-boggling arrogance, as they simultaneously attempt to claim their feelings as a general truth that should be accepted and shared by everyone else.

I don't like the word art to begin with. It's such an ill-defined word.
Yuudachi-kun
Railey I'm going to print out this page, take a huge shit on your words and call it art.
Endaris
Yes, art is a shitty word.
Let's take "artig" for example which is german and means "well-behaved".
Coincidence? I think not.

Meanwhile I celebrate the first good pun of my english career
Railey2

Endaris wrote:

Yes, art is a shitty word.
Let's take "artig" for example which is german and means "well-behaved".
Coincidence? I think not.

Meanwhile I celebrate the first good pun of my english career
2 languages doubles the punch.

@Khelly: Go ahead. Don't send me the picture though. But wheres the full body shot of yours? You said you were gonna do it with your new haircut.
Yuudachi-kun
I said I'm NOT going to show anything above the shoulders because of my new haircut.

Also I'm too lazy to do it now