forum

Area change and loss of aim and consistency

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Koma-
Hi guys. I've recently changed my tablet area (from full to restricted area). Since then, my streaming has improved, and my global level too, except I lost all consistency to the point I can FC a map anymore, and it's not improving at all. I can't hit much large horizontal jumps aswell, and it's tilting me like nothing else.

I can't clear anemone anymore too. Should I go back to my old area (full) ? Should I keep trying to clear anemone ? Tryharding like a boss ?
Endaris
what made you change your area in the first place?
Topic Starter
Koma-
The full zone exhausted my pen hand way too quickly. And I couldn't aim at all on 6*+ maps. Now I can clear some but with low combo high accuracy, and that's tilting me.

I've thought of one thing (yes I can). Is aim directly correlated to consistency ? What if I train on edited jump heavy maps to make the circles smaller ? Would it help me ?
dung eater
playing more will help you decide

your hand grows stronker if you feel it gets exhausted, i miss that feeling

you need to be consistent in a lot of things to be consistent overall (aim, tapping, reading)

try playing some not so hard maps at cs7,8,9,10 (whatever cs you want to be able to play) to see if you have the precision to hit smaller objects with the smaller area. you can develop aiming speed later.
Minhtam
Of course you're going to sacrifice your consistency when you change your tablet area. It's only natural. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't change it. In fact, some difficult patterns can only be hit when you change your area. You're just going to have to find the right settings and practice with those settings until you're satisfied with it.
Sayorie
Play more until you get accustomed to your new area. Finding the optimal area for your preferences is always tricky to do.
Topic Starter
Koma-
Alright, thanks guys.

Minhtam wrote:

In fact, some difficult patterns can only be hit when you change your area.
I concur, some patterns in Airman ga Taosenai (the 7* one) were unhittable before, and I can barely hit them right now, so I guess I'll just stick with my actual tablet area until I can find the limits of it.

I've already set some 5/6* jump maps to CS7-9 to train.

Now it's time suffer. T-T
Deva

Minhtam wrote:

In fact, some difficult patterns can only be hit when you change your area.
Gib some examples i want to put that to test. no centipede dt

OT: Play more to get used to it, playing small cs and hard jumps is stupid if you cant hit large cs and easier jumps.
Topic Starter
Koma-
Alright, had an idea. To focus EXCLUSIVELY on consistency, I'll train my aim (with small cs maps) AND I'll try to FC as much maps as I can, starting from 4* maps to 5* maps. This way, this should increase my consistency, amirite ? Or should I just stick to "play maps, that's all".
vinnicci
Endaris
Small CS didn't help me personally after switching my mouse sensitivity, I rather resorted to Shinxyn-maps that have those nice spacing progressions such as https://osu.ppy.sh/b/243983&m=0 or https://osu.ppy.sh/b/52900&m=0
I always experienced that as more useful than just small CS because I couldn't hit CS7 before switching either and bigger circles are too easy.
Topic Starter
Koma-
Those are nice maps. I'll train on both :p

If you guys have any other maps that helped you through the quest of consistency, I'll take them all.
Helyana
[self-deleted]
Endaris
It isn't cool if you use your new meme-picture in all threads, expecially not when theyre already 7 days without an answer
Helyana
[self-deleted]