forum

Struggling with Streams

posted
Total Posts
show more
Deva
Try to master tripples first and do some quads/quints while at that. If you do a lot of that number of notes you can stream will gradually increase.

Its the way I got into streaming, I dont guarantee that it will work for you.
Sayorie
Read the other thread
StephOsu
the thing about the stream practice maps is that it's actually not going to help you at streaming aside from boosting your stamina aside from deathstream compilation (or not)
if you want to get better at streaming, get used to burst first
Sayorie

StephOsu wrote:

the thing about the stream practice maps is that it's actually not going to help you at streaming aside from boosting your stamina aside from deathstream compilation (or not)
if you want to get better at streaming, get used to burst first
how about burst stream practice maps kek https://osu.ppy.sh/s/370814
Barusamikosu

Arthraxium wrote:

This looks pretty good. Thanks
StephOsu

Arthraxium wrote:

no because no aim element involved
Deva

StephOsu wrote:

no because no aim element involved
This is why you cant stream.

You cant stream with aim if you cant even stream without it.

You need to learn to walk in order to be able to run.
Xyrus_old_1
It'll tale a while to stream. Stream "practise" maps only boost your stamina. You'll learn to stream better by playing maps with lots of small bursts like triples, quints, etc.

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/152078&m=1

Maps like this ^ are what you want to play, but be prepared for at least a few months of practice before you can stream accurately.
Deva
Do you seriously fail to realise that stamina is core component of streaming?
Endaris

HK_ wrote:

Do you seriously fail to realise that stamina is core component of streaming?

HK_ wrote:

StephOsu

HK_ wrote:

This is why you cant stream.

You cant stream with aim if you cant even stream without it.

I'm sorry but my streaming skill is currently limited mostly thanks to my non-existence aiming skill
I am able to stream at 200bpm for at least 20 notes/180bpm for at least 50 notes/170 bpm for at least...maybe 200 notes? before I start to fuck up my accuracy. If i am considered as "can't stream" thanks to that, then I don't know what the fucking fuck a stream is
If the ability to stream for really long is considered as running, then ability to aim the stream is considered as walking
if you can't aim, you might not even hit the first note of the stream even if you have stamina
if you don't have speed/stamina, at least you can hit first few circles before screwing up and still manage to hit few circles in between with 50/100 scores
Not trying to say that speed and stamina is not important in streaming though.
Everything is as important, and that's why those stream practice map is useless to practice streaming other than boosting stamina
Deva

StephOsu wrote:

I am able to stream at 200bpm for at least 20 notes/180bpm for at least 50 notes/170 bpm for at least...maybe 200 notes
I want to see that. Mix in some NF plays on streams you find hard to aim too.
StephOsu

HK_ wrote:

StephOsu wrote:

I am able to stream at 200bpm for at least 20 notes/180bpm for at least 50 notes/170 bpm for at least...maybe 200 notes
I want to see that. Mix in some NF plays on streams you find hard to aim too.
sure if you are online now
hadn't stretch and warmup though so i might do worse
i do have some replay to export though like tower of heaven 94% FC which is basically 175bpm deathstream (which i can't duplicate because of that one point around 600 combo)
Deva
Export some replays since it will save time for both of us.
StephOsu
Feint - Tower Of Heaven (You Are Slaves) [Extra] 94.84% FC <- 175bpm streams
Orangestar - Asu no Yozora Shoukaihan [iyasine_sk's Extra] 94.48% <- 185bpm stream. The stream before break section was the one that I can't aim properly most of the time, and the stream after the break section can be more easily aimed because they are more straightforward/closer
Noboru feat.Mitani Nana - Shiroi Yuki no Princess wa [Extra] 99.09% FC <- the 200bpm short stream happens at around 1050 combo
Mitani Nana - Shiroi Yuki no Princess ha ... [Collab] 99.35% <- 200bpm short stream that happens at around 700+ combo in game

btw do note that I am not trying to say that I'm good here especially when I post non-FC shitacc replay here but I just wanna get my points across
Sayorie
Streaming aim can be learned and stored through muscle memory but stamina and speed should be trained. You can get lucky with aim and hit that spaced stream perfectly but you can't get lucky with speed/stamina you will never achieve a 240bpm death stream unless you trained your fingers to that extent. I believe that training speed and stamina comes first before learning to aim complex streams like spaced ones and uneven spacing.
StephOsu
the thing is,

ron_mario wrote:

I cannot stream for my life. I'm either clicking at the wrong BPM, slowing getting off beat as the stream goes on, or aiming too far ahead or too far back. No matter how easy the stream looks I can't seem to get it right.
he's basically saying that he's either streaming at a wrong speed, running out of stamina, or he can't aim streams
so he needs more than just speed and stamina training to cover that because they can't help you to gain streaming aim
Deva
You certainly made it clear that you arent one of those "mom pls help me stream i cant stream and ive been playing for 100 years already"

I honestly forgot why I asked for those replays but if nothing else from now on Ill value your opinion way more xD
Sayorie

StephOsu wrote:

the thing is,

ron_mario wrote:

I cannot stream for my life. I'm either clicking at the wrong BPM, slowing getting off beat as the stream goes on, or aiming too far ahead or too far back. No matter how easy the stream looks I can't seem to get it right.
he's basically saying that he's either streaming at a wrong speed, running out of stamina, or he can't aim streams
so he needs more than just speed and stamina training to cover that because they can't help you to gain streaming aim
which means he needs to play more

we don't need to argue anymore about aim vs stamina because he needs both eksdee
StephOsu

HK_ wrote:

You certainly made it clear that you arent one of those "mom pls help me stream i cant stream and ive been playing for 100 years already"

I honestly forgot why I asked for those replays but if nothing else from now on Ill value your opinion way more xD
I shitpost but I don't shitpost without something to back me up when shits goes wrong

Arthraxium wrote:

which means he needs to play more

we don't need to argue anymore about aim vs stamina because he needs both eksdee
true
but then he's trying to get idea of what can he do and he said that he had those stream maps ready
just trying to tell him that it's not optimum thing for him to do for now

and heey if forum is not for discussion then it's pointless eksdee
Sayorie

StephOsu wrote:

true
but then he's trying to get idea of what can he do and he said that he had those stream maps ready
just trying to tell him that it's not optimum thing for him to do for now
Honestly speaking, I have lots of practice stream maps but they are completely useless for me except for just warming up my fingers. Actual streamy maps are the best way to learn streams, like most people do. I actually concur with your opinion.
StephOsu

Arthraxium wrote:

Honestly speaking, I have lots of practice stream maps but they are completely useless for me except for just warming up my fingers. Actual streamy maps are the best way to learn streams, like most people do. I actually concur with your opinion.
There, you have it
stream practice map is useless for stream practice other than boosting stamina.
go for actual stream maps and play more :^)
Sayorie
>ends up being a play more thread

sasuga, G&R
Deva
@Steph

If you play with mouse get a tablet
StephOsu

HK_ wrote:

@Steph

If you play with mouse get a tablet
I do have a tablet
sometimes I play with mouse sometimes I play with tablet
Deva
Use it more, you are on a good way with everything except aim...

My aim got like 50x better when I got a tablet.
Sayorie
thanks to tablet I only have aim now and everything went bad :V
StephOsu

Arthraxium wrote:

thanks to tablet I only have aim now and everything went bad :V
happened to me first month after I get a tablet
went for another month without mouse and lost my skill on mouse
now I constantly use both of them (with tablet slightly more than mouse) because I still wanna play in case my tablet pen breaks since I use osu tablet and they don't restock often and also warming up my mouse aim for other games like dota and lol
Deva
I actually regret not getting tablet earlier. You should just have got yourself a wacom one and everything would be good.
Sayorie
#tabletmasterrace
StephOsu

HK_ wrote:

I actually regret not getting tablet earlier. You should just have got yourself a wacom one and everything would be good.
naah I'm too poor for that
I actually used my red envelope money back from CNY to buy it along with other stuffs that upgrades my laptop. Just college student thing #LifeOfCollegeStudent
Don't really have extra money for almost the same thing that cost at least 2x as much
Besides, I find everything just nice for me so I might as well support peppy more
Deva
You dont have to be rich to get a good tablet, Im pretty sure I already mentioned that I got new ctl470 for 35$

ps
fuck peppy
StephOsu
it's still $5 sav
Don't really have enough time to search for tablet since I'm a college student :c
Deva
Excuses...
you only have to wake up like 1 hour earlier and thats it

its not even a playmore thread anymore
praise me praise me
KupcaH
If I get tablet, will I be able to play like a Cookiezi?
Sayorie

KupcaH wrote:

If I get tablet, will I be able to play like a Cookiezi?
eat cookies first and play sc2 with tablet
Deva

Arthraxium wrote:

play sc2 with tablet
You can actually do that???

Is sc1 acceptable since i have that one already installed, but i wouldnt mind downloading sc2 if its for a sacred goal like becoming good as cookiezi
Sayorie

HK_ wrote:

Arthraxium wrote:

play sc2 with tablet
You can actually do that???

Is sc1 acceptable since i have that one already installed, but i wouldnt mind downloading sc2 if its for a sacred goal like becoming good as cookiezi
cookiezi did, he said from his old ask.fm answers

Topic Starter
ron_mario

Xyrus wrote:

It'll tale a while to stream. Stream "practise" maps only boost your stamina. You'll learn to stream better by playing maps with lots of small bursts like triples, quints, etc.

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/152078&m=1

Maps like this ^ are what you want to play, but be prepared for at least a few months of practice before you can stream accurately.
After fooling around with RX and AP I found it nearly all an issue with my clicking speed and tempo. I'm sure burst maps will help with that, but I think my issue is keeping the same tempo through the stream as I usually start the stream with all 300s into 100s and then 50s/misses. Will bursts still help here?
Endaris
Yes. You can gradually play longer bursts. So move on when you feel like you can SS a certain burst length.
show more