forum

2011 Taiko World Cup (15th Apr ~ 29th May)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mara

OnosakiHito wrote:

Team B
The best team in TWC. I'm just sayin'.
BrokenArrow

LunaticMara wrote:

OnosakiHito wrote:

Team B
The best team in TWC. I'm just sayin'.
:oops:
Backfire
" @MMzz: You are the best players in your country, but isn't it fair to ask also the other players who want to join too, and who could make a second team? =x "

Thing about THAT is, theres only so many more people left from america. America isn't a slouch when it comes to the best players around, but the quantity of them is surprisingly lacking. I mean, me and ozzy scrapped up a team of underdogs last year, and somehow made it to befourth place. Of course, it was luck, but it was cool that we actually got that far.

I suppose, if anything (like, I dont want to be a back-up player, and if the teams arent allowed 4 players), I will make the America B team, with some of the less known players. TWC, this time, will be for fun for me. Not for winning.
MMzz

OnosakiHito wrote:

@MMzz: You are the best players in your country, but isn't it fair to ask also the other players who want to join too, and who could make a second team? =x
It's not JUST that we are the best American players, it's also the fact that Sander and Ozzy are good friends and I would enjoy to play with them. And yes I guess it's not fair that we have all the best players but the only other American taiko player that I know (and is active) is Backfire, but I went to Ozzy and Sander first. Even though that does sound like a pretty dick move, that's how it is.

But if you will complain about it now, complain more when there is some Asian team that will be just as good as us (and had the option to choose less known players.). I can already smell a Korean/Hong Kong team that would be pretty good.
OnosakiHito

MMzz wrote:

OnosakiHito wrote:

@MMzz: You are the best players in your country, but isn't it fair to ask also the other players who want to join too, and who could make a second team? =x
It's not JUST that we are the best American players, it's also the fact that Sander and Ozzy are good friends and I would enjoy to play with them. And yes I guess it's not fair that we have all the best players but the only other American taiko player that I know (and is active) is Backfire, but I went to Ozzy and Sander first. Even though that does sound like a pretty dick move, that's how it is.

But if you will complain about it now, complain more when there is some Asian team that will be just as good as us (and had the option to choose less known players.). I can already smell a Korean/Hong Kong team that would be pretty good.
No, no. I don't complain about it. It was just a thought from me. I don't know how much players in USA are avaible, but if it is like that, I didn't said anything.
OzzyOzrock

Backfire wrote:

Thing about THAT is, theres only so many more people left from america. America isn't a slouch when it comes to the best players around, but the quantity of them is surprisingly lacking. I mean, me and ozzy scrapped up a team of underdogs last year, and somehow made it to befourth place. Of course, it was luck, but it was cool that we actually got that far.
shouldn't have happened
Backfire
It shouldn't have, but it did.
crystalsuicune
*drops in*Yo gais how much did I miss?
OnosakiHito
^@: Not really much. First people are making teams without knowing the rules. haha
wmfchris
wow you guys are just excited.

It'll be sad for me if it's held Jan~Feb 2012 as I'll be handling issues that I will study overseas

;w; ~
MMzz

OnosakiHito wrote:

^@: Not really much. First people are making teams without knowing the rules. haha
assuming the rules shouldn't change, they were fine last year.
Although we should try something different from Round Robin
wmfchris

MMzz wrote:

OnosakiHito wrote:

assuming the rules shouldn't change, they were fine last year.
Although we should try something different from Round Robin
if you say sth like "league mode" maybe the staffs will kill you (run
mekadon_old
League mode isn't really that bad imho :>
Topic Starter
lepidopodus

mekadon wrote:

wmfchris wrote:

Yeah you know what I thought, lololol

How about Double elimination?
mekadon_old

lepidopodus wrote:

mekadon wrote:

wmfchris wrote:

Yeah you know what I thought, lololol

How about Double elimination?
sounds fine to me \:D/ at least the losing team can have a Second Heaven chance
Swiss system tournament go trololo
MMzz
How about you lose, you lose.
Topic Starter
lepidopodus
I guess we don't have to be hesitate: OWC is ongoing, and I don't really want to make TWC hidden by that.
RockeDon
So I got some statments and suggestions...

-A back-up player is needed, all ppl cant be everyday and what's when someone get sick? And to postpone matches only for 1 player is stupid!
So teams should be 3 (+1 back-up)

-About only 1 team per country, not that fair, some countrys got more than 4 player who wants to be in the TWC and i didnt saw anything bad last TWC that some countrys got 2 teams!

-I didnt liked some maps from last TWC too, but all of them were a good choice cause they all had a different playstyle, some were stream maps, some combo maps, some 2 finger maps...
May this year we can make a vote, each TWC included person choose 2 maps, then we got a list of maps where all can vote for each map (But no vote for his own suggested map) and the top 50% or what else will be for the tournament. And ofcourse some rules here like no heavy maps in the first rounds etc
And like MMzz said, i think unranked maps are ok too, some ppl got really cool maps that are not ranked!

-Mods should be aviable, like when someone want to play a map in HR and booth teams except this!
Or in the final rounds just to make it way harder, hard maps doesnt need and it still shows more from the "skill"

All in all I was totaly satisfied with the first TWC and think we souldnt changed that much
The only thing that pissed me of last TWC, this re-match when someone got a DC or lagg, i luled so much cause none could really check if it was a real DC or just a DC cause a miss and then press the ESC key or smthing!
Would be nice if this get changed and a DC counts in this round!
About this american team that will be created, who cares man they are top players ok, but did you guys really fear them? I mean they can create this team, all are americans...but i dont start qq-ing now, i want to pwn them, and if they pwn me, GG!

@Lepi, i think its inevitable to get ppl for the stuff that didnt dislike someone, community changed and i actually dont know anyone who like or is just neutral to everyone. But fair ppl or just ppl that take this job seriously will be find!

So my neverending story take a break now...
wmfchris
Someone just reminded me.

I suggest to change the proposed date of tournaments, at least start after the end of Janurary as the Chinese New Year will be on 23/1, that means that on the whole week 23~30/1 Chinese including HK/CN/TW players will disappear.

and my opinion:

I didnt liked some maps from last TWC too, but all of them were a good choice cause they all had a different playstyle, some were stream maps, some combo maps, some 2 finger maps...
May this year we can make a vote, each TWC included person choose 2 maps, then we got a list of maps where all can vote for each map (But no vote for his own suggested map) and the top 50% or what else will be for the tournament. And ofcourse some rules here like no heavy maps in the first rounds etc
And like MMzz said, i think unranked maps are ok too, some ppl got really cool maps that are not ranked!
Ranked maps generally have higher quality (well, many exceptions) and if unranked maps are ranked in the coming year, we can just take care of them in the coming competitions.
The idea to allow players to choose the map to play is nice, but the problem is that # of ranked taiko maps >> # of players, and the base of participants is small, the voting result is insignificant (e.g., 10 ppl vote for 9 maps, then one map gets 2 votes while other gets 1), while letting general players to vote requires a large amount of resource and players may "create" the voting result. Even if this is adopted, a better way is that the voting result occupies 50% while the staffs select the rest. Also the order ot song list will be arranged by the staffs in order to achieve the balance between match progression and map difficulty.
Topic Starter
lepidopodus

RockeDon wrote:

-A back-up player is needed, all ppl cant be everyday and what's when someone get sick? And to postpone matches only for 1 player is stupid!
So teams should be 3 (+1 back-up)
No need to specify which player is a back-up, though, since it can be changed anytime.

RockeDon wrote:

-About only 1 team per country, not that fair, some countrys got more than 4 player who wants to be in the TWC and i didnt saw anything bad last TWC that some countrys got 2 teams!
In previous TWC Korea and Germany had 2 teams each, lol.

RockeDon wrote:

-I didnt liked some maps from last TWC too, but all of them were a good choice cause they all had a different playstyle, some were stream maps, some combo maps, some 2 finger maps...
At least I'll try to include some suitable unranked maps this time.

RockeDon wrote:

-Mods should be aviable, like when someone want to play a map in HR and booth teams except this!
Or in the final rounds just to make it way harder, hard maps doesnt need and it still shows more from the "skill"
Nah, setting certain mod gives too many advantages to players who know the map well.

RockeDon wrote:

All in all I was totaly satisfied with the first TWC and think we souldnt changed that much
The only thing that pissed me of last TWC, this re-match when someone got a DC or lagg, i luled so much cause none could really check if it was a real DC or just a DC cause a miss and then press the ESC key or smthing!
Would be nice if this get changed and a DC counts in this round!
About this american team that will be created, who cares man they are top players ok, but did you guys really fear them? I mean they can create this team, all are americans...but i dont start qq-ing now, i want to pwn them, and if they pwn me, GG!
We had the team that lost by default due to 'possible intentional disconnection' in previous TWC.

Hmm, maybe we should start to discuss about #2 TWC more...

EDIT:
Let's move to the new thread
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=66910