forum

Suggest me a keyboard:3

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
screwingtheball
I am looking for a new keyboard as my g15 and g110 feel to stiff to me. Someone suggest me a good fast keyboard a plz :3

Considering this http://www.daskeyboard.com/model-s-professional/

Price is no object
Jarby
I guess you'd have to get a feel for the keyboard before deciding to buy it. Ignoring that:

German-engineered mechanical key switches
You know the Germans always make good stuff.
Nekoroll
That das has keycaps that I found to be too thin and the supports inside the caps broke meaning you'll be without a keycap since das doesn't really make replacement caps (or have fun trying to find an exact replica made by another company). :P That and if you ever wanted to clean the inside of the board and tried to take the top half of the shell off, the latches inside will break because the plastic used for them are, again, really thin.

If you're someone who keeps their keyboard exceptionally clean with no dust, hair, food, spills, etc. (or don't care to clean your keyboard), then I suppose you could consider it. Also if you hit your backspace and enter keys pretty much center so that it doesn't stress the supports inside, then you could consider it.

Aesthetically, I liked the shiny top of the shell. It was nice to look at. lol You would like blues though like that das if you're looking for a super-clicky keyboard that takes little actuation force.
boat
I'd go for either a model S or a Rosewill RK-9000, probably rather the rosewill tho.

The razer blackwidow isn't all that bad either, but I wouldn't recommend it over the above keyboards.
Scodiac
Sometimes its the switches that are important, i've heard that Cherry Brown switches are pretty decent overall. Plus Cherry make some really solid keyboards.
If your looking for high build quality some customizability and cherry switches - http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php

Hope it helps :)
boat
I actually think that red, or even black switches would be a bit better for osu, especially if you are/need to be precise.

This is the force diagram for the brown MX switches

the highest pressure point is before the switch actually activates

As for black and red switches

The actuation and release points are at the exact same position as well. So games that require a lot of double tapping become easier than on any other keyswitch
Red switch (basically the same as the black one)

Brown switch

The red switch is a little bit lighter then the black, but is by some considered to light, and therefor also is a bit harder to find. There is no huge difference between black and red ones though, a keyboard with the black switches should do you good enough in osu, and most other games.

If you want a keyboard good for gaming, then you will have to sacrifice tactile feedback.