forum

Halozy - Three Magic (DiGiTAL WiNG TRANCE Remix)

posted
Total Posts
show more
-NanoRIPE-
Grats!! bro ~
Topic Starter
SnowNiNo_
k gonna dq it first for changing bg
Okoratu
As you wish
Kencho
Substitute sukiNathan to bubble~

Bubbled!
Doyak
;w; #2
hehe
haha woah man

this caught my attention, may i know why 02:31:187 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - is mapped like that? there's several things wrong with this and i want to know the explanation why before it get requal'd

1. its mapped very similarly to 01:34:616 - although not really a bad thing, it makes no sense when the vocal is pretty much the main melody here
2. following along with that logic, 02:29:473 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - this feels like its following the vocals, considering you're ignoring percussion on 02:29:902 - and the 'split stream' on 02:30:759 (7,8) - . this means you're aware of the vocals and are following it, so why suddenly change to the 'melody'?
3. 02:35:687 (6) - and i have no idea what this is following.. if it was the melody it should be 2 stacked circles

this was my beef with this map, cuz you could have done somethign really interesting like 00:48:330 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - which i really liked

some other stuff i didn't like:
- 02:42:330 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - i see that you said you didnt fix this from Atamare's mod cuz it was intentional..? why was it intentional? unlike 02:38:902 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - that had some sense because of the 'oh oh', this doesn't really have 'repetition' to it. 04:20:473 (8,9) - this would have been much better here.
- the outro feels a little overspaced, compared to the other 'slow sections' it doesn't have much of a melody going for it
- 03:47:795 (4,5) - really helps if these were stacked, right now it feels like a guessgame

there's actually a lot of interesting melodies that could be mapped more accurately towards, but was scrapped in favour of 'white tick emphasis' it seems. and a few really weird switching inbetween synths, vocals and percussion all the time. when i played it, it didn't really feel like i was tapping to the song but just a monotonic track.
Topic Starter
SnowNiNo_

handsome wrote:

haha woah man

this caught my attention, may i know why 02:31:187 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - is mapped like that? there's several things wrong with this and i want to know the explanation why before it get requal'd well lol im mainly staying consistent, and im following the kicks instead of vocal here, so wat do you think this part suppose to be tho cuz i dont see a problem here xd

1. its mapped very similarly to 01:34:616 - although not really a bad thing, it makes no sense when the vocal is pretty much the main melody here yap still mainly staying consistent, i know the vocal is the main melody at the second kiai, so i used different patterns like 02:26:045 (1,2,3) - 02:27:330 (7,8) - 02:29:473 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - etc to express the vocal for the main melody and the kicks for consistent, these patterns you cant see it at the first kiai
2. following along with that logic, 02:29:473 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - this feels like its following the vocals, considering you're ignoring percussion on 02:29:902 - and the 'split stream' on 02:30:759 (7,8) - . this means you're aware of the vocals and are following it, so why suddenly change to the 'melody'? the vocal here is unique so imo following vocal with a complete different slider usage here seems a good choice, yea ive missed a kicks but the structure is still following the melody
3. 02:35:687 (6) - and i have no idea what this is following.. if it was the melody it should be 2 stacked circles well i want to used this patterns to express the vocal either, and 2 notes here seems inconsistent to me tbh lol

this was my beef with this map, cuz you could have done somethign really interesting like 00:48:330 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - which i really liked

some other stuff i didn't like:
- 02:42:330 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - i see that you said you didnt fix this from Atamare's mod cuz it was intentional..? why was it intentional? unlike 02:38:902 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - that had some sense because of the 'oh oh', this doesn't really have 'repetition' to it. 04:20:473 (8,9) - this would have been much better here. mainly staying consistent, and 04:20:473 (8,9) - this part is different cuz the whole structure at the last half kiai is different so yea xd
- the outro feels a little overspaced, compared to the other 'slow sections' it doesn't have much of a melody going for it outro is different with other calm part tho, so different spacing usage makes sense
- 03:47:795 (4,5) - really helps if these were stacked, right now it feels like a guessgame stacking might cause misread cuz 03:47:473 (2,3) - , and stacking here seems inconsistent to me cuz 01:26:687 (3,4) - 02:52:402 (3,4) - isnt stacking either

there's actually a lot of interesting melodies that could be mapped more accurately towards, but was scrapped in favour of 'white tick emphasis' it seems. and a few really weird switching inbetween synths, vocals and percussion all the time. when i played it, it didn't really feel like i was tapping to the song but just a monotonic track. lol im sorry about it cuz im trying out sth new :>
thx :)
hehe
i understand you're trying to be consistent, but it seems you're misunderstanding a lot of my points. in my opinion, a good map has consistency, but it doesn't mean consistency = good map. yes you're consistent but you're consistent at using subpar rhythms. most of your justification comes from 'mapping to the kicks' which is something i really despise when there's a extreme prominent and memorable melody going on (synth/vocal). and also when i mention something it usually means change every instance of it, so justifying it by saying it's consistent because other parts are this way doesn't really make sense. i won't really argue more on this if you're intent on keeping it cuz we might not see eye to eye on this matter, but i just really want to point out and change this particular bit.

- 03:47:795 (4,5) - really helps if these were stacked, right now it feels like a guessgame stacking might cause misread cuz 03:47:473 (2,3) - , and stacking here seems inconsistent to me cuz 01:26:687 (3,4) - 02:52:402 (3,4) - isnt stacking either
there's not consistency here, 03:47:473 (2,3) - its not a valid comparison because 1/4 stack is visually so different from a 3/4 stack, especially when you have SL at 4. 01:26:687 (3,4) - 02:52:402 (3,4) these aren't even the same rhythms nor the same verses of music. i'd say keeping 03:47:795 (4,5) - as it is right now would be even more confusing considering the examples you've brought up.
Topic Starter
SnowNiNo_
oky stacking 03:47:795 (4,5) -
smallboat
Okay looks fine Approved~ !
Spytes
Grtz on being qualified! Again :P
Topic Starter
SnowNiNo_
thx <3
Lasse
so much halozy in qualified o:
Doyak

Lasse wrote:

Now we need more anime songs
_DT3
Woohoo, gratz, NiNo!
Topic Starter
SnowNiNo_

Lasse wrote:

osu need more halozy

_DT3 wrote:

Woohoo, gratz, NiNo!
thx :>
where is my GD xd
/me runs
Kalibe

Doyak wrote:

Now we need more anime songs
anime music*

also re:grats!!
Akitoshi
Touhou is my favoriet aniem
gratz :D
Kyouren
Gratzz! :D
VINXIS
03:17:473 (1,1) - CAN U BUFFER THIS WHA TH f e FUCK fg4fuhwdetg6^YHGFQ%$RYHE%WredwretyjrtujhEGfv

map is p g aside for that tho cX
Froskya
Congratz, Nino~
>wo)b
Modem
Congraaaats />w</
alacat
nice :)