forum

The Elder Scrolls 5 - Skyrim

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nharox
Guess it's not useful at all.
Remco32
You don't have to manually check the time, since it's displayed at every loadscreen. That's the point of it.
At first I thought it was quite trivial too, until I gave it a try. No it's a handy addition.
Nachy

Remco32 wrote:

Oh, btw, an online friend of mine made a Skyrim mod which displays your current PC time on the loading screens. It really helps giving you you're sense of time back.
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=98
Been using this for a while now, really nifty thing to have.

Though I'm constantly alternating between that and this :V

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=228

Also this mod (rather an ini tweak once again) is pretty awesome

You can download a preset ini here http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=145

or you can tweak it yourself

Installation:

1. Open file C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Skyrim.ini

2. Append the following lines (if there is no MapMenu section) or change existing values to match them:
[MapMenu]
uLockedObjectMapLOD=0
uLockedTerrainLOD=0
bWorldMapNoSkyDepthBlur=1
fWorldMapNearDepthBlurScale=0
fWorldMapDepthBlurScale=0
fWorldMapMaximumDepthBlur=0
fMapMenuOverlayNormalStrength=2.2000
fMapMenuOverlayNormalSnowStrength=0.8000
fMapWorldMaxPitch=360.0000
fMapWorldMinPitch=0.0000
fMapWorldYawRange=3600.0000
fMapWorldTransitionHeight=130000.0000
fMapWorldMaxHeight=130000.0000
fMapWorldMinHeight=130.0000
fMapWorldCursorMoveArea=0.9000
fMapWorldHeightAdjustmentForce=100.0000
fMapWorldZoomSpeed=0.0500
fMapLookMouseSpeed=3.0000
fMapMoveKeyboardSpeed=0.0005
fMapZoomMouseSpeed=5.0000
sMapCloudNIF=0

3. When browsing ingame map: use WASD for slow scrolling and mouse for fast. Hold RMB to rotate camera. Zooming with mouse wheel.

Troubleshooting

1. Game crashes on save load - remove lines with uLockedObjectMapLOD and uLockedTerrainLOD

2. Love clouds? Aww.. Then remove line that contains sMapCloudNIF

Known issues

- No world map indoors and in towns.
Not something I'll use in the long as of now since it kinda spoils exploration, and it does make the game more crash bound, but it's pretty neat to test out especially if you're already done with the main quest or something.

Oh and there's also a bunch of good visual mods and on the plus side has little to no performance impact.

Detailed Faces
No More Blocky Faces/Natural Faces
HD/Enchanced/Not jello blood textures
Enchanced Night Sky
Sunglare

Really gives out a subtle yet very effective graphical improvement.

Also for those who are playing 3rd person often or just noticed NPCs looking weird while running with dual wield weapons, some guy also made a "fix" for it

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=248

MDuh
Holy sssssss
that ubermap is awesome
getting that mod for sure
Pokebis

Remco32 wrote:

You don't have to manually check the time, since it's displayed at every loadscreen. That's the point of it.
At first I thought it was quite trivial too, until I gave it a try. No it's a handy addition.
Xfire tells me the time in the top right corner of the game 100% of the time as well as the FPS. It's small and un-intrusive so you don't notice it, but if you look for it you can know the time at any point. The mod is literally pointless for me. I have Steam and Xfire in-game working with my pirate version, but I plan on buying the game eventually.
I also set alarms when I need to do important things.
Nharox
Let's hope they'll release the construction kit soon. I want to be able to craft arrows, reset perks and sort my inventory.
Pokebis
I want to be able to easily equip magic to my right hand without going through a huge hassle. Am I missing something; is there an easy way to do this?
awp
Fallout 3 and NV had a macro system I didn't learn about until I was configuring some mods; there might be something like that?
adam2046
I've won a bunch of fights that were above my level so far by abusing the sometimes quite stupid AI. Also took down a blood dragon...or rather made some giants take down a blood dragon, who then started chasing me after they killed the dragon. Great fun.

Has anyone else noticed weird graphical glitches with water or is it just my lowish graphics settings? Things like the murk in the water completely disappearing in places, rabbits hopping around on the sea bed or this:
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/64874 ... 0179D2B6A/

Oh, and A Night to Remember is the best quest ever.
MDuh
its not just you, although only seen it twice

http://photoserver.ws/images/U8Uh4ec48111151e2.jpg
Pokebis

I dunno.

I'm actually playing as a Kajit. I find it humorous I'm also a werewolf. Also, level 100 Pickpocketing perk is hilarious. Imagine you're going about you're day in the freezing cold and suddenly you're naked out of nowhere. The only person around is this other guy, so you offer him your hospitality and try not to notice you're nakedness. You carry on with your day. Selling your items. In your underwear.

I'm a bit sad at how easy the game is to break, though. I figured out a power-level technique that works until your pickpocketing caps. Basically find any NPC that teaches you a skill and let them teach it to you once and exit the dialogue. The gold you spend actually goes into their pockets. Pickpocket it back, your pickpocketing will almost always level up due to the large amount of gold (do this every time you train, don't stack training or your character level won't go up quick enough). Just keep doing this until you feel you got what you wanted. You also lose nothing from it.
I recommend doing this at the college in Winterhold with any of the people who teach you magick. Wait until the afternoon until one of them sits in a chair. Proceed by jumping on top of their head. While you are up their you can sneak without them seeing you and you can also talk to them for training. Make sure you utilize quicks-saves just in case. Enjoy your broken game.

This is one of the many make-Skyrim-easy schemes I found just by screwing around. There's no real challenge...
Remco32

Pokebis wrote:

I want to be able to easily equip magic to my right hand without going through a huge hassle. Am I missing something; is there an easy way to do this?
You can select spells/items from your favourites menu and bind them to 1-9 by hitting the key you want to bind it to. Not sure how you can select a spell to go in a specific hand.
Pokebis

I have the best horse.
awp
why, does it complain about the saddle and refuse to take you anywhere?
Pokebis
Nope. It loves to help me and offers it's powers as much as I need.
Nachy
Anyone remember the contest Bethesda made where they'll give the person a lifetime chance to get all their past and future games for free, by naming their baby Dovahkiin on 11/11/11? Well someone just did

Pokebis
His skin is quite red. I would be rather angry at my parents if I were named for a contest as trivial as this.
Topic Starter
Mara
Just wait when he is going to shout.
FisHie_old
He is gonna shoot fireballs out of his mouth.
Zelmarked
Just 3-5 minutes out of the tutorial and I found out that once again you can use terrain elevation to exploit an advantage against melee AI.
Pokebis
Ran into an unfortunate bug that causes the "Containmnet" quest to not start.
I completed Revealing the Unseen as I normally would have, but the quest didn't initiate in the dialouge like it should have and the NPC went back to their default dialogue. I can't really do anything about it. If I go outside I can find the Arch-Mage's body, but since the quest hasn't initiated it doesn't do anything.
Anybody know a console command to put a quest into your quest list? I figured out how to advance quests you already have, but not ones to add new quests. Might even try hex editing a save or something in a few days (don't have much time). I kind of want to finish the College quest chain and it's stupid that a glitch like this can happen so easily.
foulcoon
buy the game, then you can bitch
Azure_Kite
I feel bad for buying the PS3 version, especially considering how laggy the PS3 version becomes after doing a moderate amount of exploration. Yay eternal Loading screens, to boot.
Remco32

foulcoon wrote:

buy the game, then you can bitch
Yes, buy a game because the game has bugs! Brilliant!
Salvage
awesome effin game, loved it.

the side quests have great history on them and it's really fun doin them .. didn't advance much on the main one tho, but so far it's the best rpg i've played (:

lv 17 till now .. stealth archer haha.
Hitsugaya936
True
Loginer
Game of the Year.

Topic Starter
Mara
Okay, what kind of chars do you guys have?

I am so mainstream that I am a nord holding a 2H battleaxe.
MDuh
Archer-Mage
some say though its a bad tandem
Azure_Kite
I'm currently playing a Khajit wielding Flawless Orcish Armour and weaponry. I generally use Sword and Shield, but I use the Bow for giants and dragons :>

Also, Level 25, put all my points into Stamina. Because why the fuck not.
adam2046
Open the door, get on the floor.
Heavy armour Argonian with a one handed sword, destruction magic and ridiculous sneak because bows are easy mode.
Also been wearing Krosis for half the game and whatever the latest heavy armour helmet is for the other half.

I've been carrying around a bow of souls since nearly the start of the game because some guy ran up and gave it to me...he said he'd be back for it like 40 hours ago.
Azure_Kite
Hahah, that guy.
Sander-Don
I'm a level 32 orc who wears full daedric armor and uses a daedric battle axe :V also some destruction magika
Salvage
lvl 21 wood elf archer sneak pickock pickpocket light armor dude here, pretty gay but it's hell of a fun killing dudes in 1 hit and they don't even know where you are
Loginer
Level 18 Nord with heavy armor, alternating between destruction spells and sword/shield.
Remco32

Loginer wrote:

Level 18 Nord with heavy armor, alternating between destruction spells and sword/shield.
This, except I use light armor.
Doomsday
My loadout 'n' level is pretty much the exact same as loginer
dkun

Remco32 wrote:

Loginer wrote:

This, except I use light armor.
then i'm just like you bro \:D/
TKiller
100 Sneak perk is hilarious
MDuh
For all those who are using ATI video cards
update your drivers nao!
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pa ... mance.aspx

that driver boosted my fps like a train..

from 65-80fps inside, now at 120-140fps!
that is some serious optimization..

also the stuttering low fps issue inside caves/dungeons that has a lot of particles/LOD effects is now gone
show more