show more
yeahyeahyeahhh
Veterans day on Friday, no class...

IM READY TO GO

hoLysoup
Omg errbody... 2 days!!
about 172800 more seconds or so... ヽ(#`Д´)ノ
Zelmarked
It's a game I want but I just have so many games already. I can wait for a price drop.
Rantai
Wait I thought it was already released.

I swear I saw people jumping for joy with it.

Edit: Yeah there are definitely people playing, they won't stop talking about it.
f e a r
When it's released I'm sooo gonna run around and fuck shit up and become a criminal

SPOILER
am I the only one?
Remco32
Arrrr
Loginer
So much for zero-day protection.
TKiller
TAKE ALL MY MONEY

wait I don't have any

P2P CONNECTIONS WHY ARE YOU SO SLOW
Mashley
Alright I just caved in and pre-ordered it. Best arrive tomorrow! >:(
roufou
I am going to camp outside spaceworld or gamestop the whole night, then I will assassinate everyone without anyone knowing, then I will steal skyrim, without anyone knowing, but then the police will appear out of nowhere and "*phrase*"
MDuh
SinglePlayer only game..
Torrents here I come..

SPOILER
although I admit, I rly need to pay for this awesome game..
Loginer
The "premium quality" map with a "feel similar to burlap" is actually a paper map with a tiny bit of texture. I feel cheated.
Pokebis
I have work and School today. Started yesterday. Jesus Christ, this will be the hardest school/work day in a very long time.
Ephemeral
tis okay

is just as good/better than oblivion so far, so at least they've improved somewhat. i like how the spellcasting robes are actually suitable for combat mages now, and not just gigantic dresses like the other two games. the magic system is amazing now and it is very hard to want to play any other style, at least for the moment
Zelmarked
Edit: Getting rid of this.
hoLysoup
:D!
Mashley

Mashley wrote:

Best arrive tomorrow! >:(
It didn't :<
Nachy
Only played for a few hours and already loving the game to death, almost everything good about Morrowind and Oblivion mixed into one game without any of the bad (aside from classic Bethesda bugs and kinks here and there). Definitely a GOTY candidate for me.

also lol

Sander-Don
I downloaded this game about a day ago, it's amazing.
Soly
Nachy

Soly wrote:

Playing it right now. Get 50 mins into the game and then I get stuck under a freaking ledge, and that happens to be where my autosave is :(

This shit ALWAYS happens to me, I bet I'll get a power cut to compliment it.
Assuming you're playing the PC version, press ~ to bring up the console and type in tcl, this will let you noclip out of there, just type in again to disable.
Soly
foulcoon
oh thats dirty, i can see people cheating at skyrim lmao.

anyways game is pretty cool, i'm only level 3 so i haven't done much but its pretty incredible so far.
Sander-Don
just got level 18 :> <: :> <:
Haven't stumbled across a dragon yet though, and i know like 4 uhh, dragon words, but i have no souls. orz
Mianki
Backfire
Rented it.
Level 4 so far.
Did that fucking quest where you go up that big ass mountain and talk to that godess lady thing and get a star for her, then fuck that dude up that was inside of it. Now I got dat bitch on my team and we're kicking ass and taking names.

Yeah I dunno. Its cool.
MDuh

Sander-Don wrote:

just got level 18 :> <: :> <:
Haven't stumbled across a dragon yet though, and i know like 4 uhh, dragon words, but i have no souls. orz
Err I have encountered it on lvl 4???
Sander-Don
Lucky
Nachy

Sander-Don wrote:

Lucky
Not really lucky since you'll most likely get owned when you encounter one on a very early level, eventually leading you to just run away :V

also hurr

Topic Starter
Mara
Guess how many times I got noticed about Mara in this game?

12. Not kidding.

I bet these people haven't played previous Elder Scrolls.
Soly
Dunno if this will be helpful but a few things I've run into on the PC version:

-Vsync can be disabled by going to the skyrim pref, head under [display] and add "iPresentInterval=0" to the bottom of the list.
-Mouse acceleration can be turned off in skyrim pref should be under [controls] "bMouseAcceleration" just switch to 0.
-Opening console "~" and type "fov" followed by whatever value you set it lets you edit view. I set mine to around 80.

"bTreesReceiveShadows"
"bDrawLandShadows"
Switching these both on (1) make the game look so much better aswell o.o
roleykatsu
Skyrim is a great game.

@30 seconds is explains exactly why.
Remco32

Soly wrote:

"bTreesReceiveShadows"
"bDrawLandShadows"
Switching these both on (1) make the game look so much better aswell o.o
Why would you want to disable V-sync.
Also, will these extra shadows eat my FPS?
Backfire
By the way, this game has more retarded glitches than new vegas. Its funny though.
Sander-Don

LunaticMara wrote:

Guess how many times I got noticed about Mara in this game?

12. Not kidding.

I bet these people haven't played previous Elder Scrolls.
I've played every elder scrolls game.
Soly
So far my character is:
Breton (25% magic resistance) (dragonskin)
Warrior star sign (putting points into 2H, heavy armour and restoration) (restoration later)
As for stamina it's always going to be 1/2 my HP till it hits 200 where I plan on just putting everything else into HP.

We'll see how this piece of crap turns out. I was thinking of a tank type but not too weak in attacks (hence 2h). It's going pretty well so far on master difficulty :)

Remco32 wrote:

Why would you want to disable V-sync.
Also, will these extra shadows eat my FPS?
It helps with your mouse movements when vsync is off. As for the shadows: probably, when I turned them on I didn't really notice an fps drop. I assumed you would have a rather powerful PC if you are playing the PC version.

Backfire wrote:

By the way, this game has more retarded glitches than new vegas. Its funny though.
More like awesome glitches XD
Backfire
Does this game give you more exp on the higher diffs? :l
Sander-Don

Backfire wrote:

Does this game give you more exp on the higher diffs? :l
Nope
yeahyeahyeahhh
I've played about 4 different people now. Eventually I will progress.
Haseo_old

Roley wrote:

Skyrim is a great game.
Whut.
show more