forum

Higher strain on tapping hand playing HR?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xayne
I've recently started venturing into the world of HR and one thing in particular has given me issues and I'm not sure why because it logically doesn't make sense. It seems that playing HR drains my tapping stamina much quicker than playing nomod or even DT in some cases. Like it can be something relaxed like a 190 bpm map but playing it with and without HR is like night and day in terms of the strain placed on my tapping hand. It doesn't make sense to me seeing as how the only thing that changes is the jump from AR9 to AR10 and CS. Literally no effect on how fast or often I have to tap, yet it's a massive difference in physical strain. I made a conscious effort to keep my tapping hand from tightening up to see if that was the cause, but the result was the same. Has anyone else experienced something similar? I'm curious to see what the cause could be.
Deva
Its the difference in AR. At AR10 you need to react much faster than with AR9, when you look at it you would think its a minor thing but its actually something major if you arent used to it.

Its like when you try to burst higher BPM, at 10 notes you most likely wont even notice the difference in strain but when you add another 10 notes to that the difference becomes big.
I Give Up
You simply have bad visual reaction time like me.
repr1se
You're likely just on edge because of the higher AR. Try AR8+DT to get used to AR9.5, then move on to 10. You should be relaxed with 9.5 before going to 10.
f i z i k
AR10 + OD10 is a bitch.

See, when you can do 20 notes 190bpm easily on an AR9 OD8 map that doesn't mean you can do it on OD10 yet. You could only be doing 12 notes properly on OD8 and the other 8 are just "fine" because the OD doesn't punish you yet. The higher AR is just another effect that adds onto you your tapping hand, since you most likely aren't used to the AR yet - so reacting to streams is harder for you, so you end up tensing more, which also costs stamina.
Sayorie
Improve your reading and you'll notice that everything becomes easier.
Topic Starter
Xayne

repr1se wrote:

You're likely just on edge because of the higher AR. Try AR8+DT to get used to AR9.5, then move on to 10. You should be relaxed with 9.5 before going to 10.

Isn't AR8+DT at 213 bpm something along the lines of 9.8?
Sayorie

Xayne wrote:

repr1se wrote:

Isn't AR8+DT at 213 bpm something along the lines of 9.8?
AR8+DT is always AR9.67 http://w.ppy.sh/6/68/ARTable.png

There are a number of AR8.5+DT farm maps which comes close to AR10 if you wanna try it without the OD10 from HR.
Caenis
Yuudachi-kun

Yuno Nikusu wrote:

higher HR = snapping to the notes faster

HR 2.0 comig aoon
StephOsu

Khelly wrote:

Yuno Nikusu wrote:

higher HR = snapping to the notes faster

HR 2.0 comig aoon
do we finally get actual 2x instead of 1.4x/1.5x?
Barusamikosu

StephOsu wrote:

do we finally get actual 2x instead of 1.4x/1.5x?
That will apply to DT 2.0 where we'll see the meta shift to ~100BPM DT maps with even higher OD than current OD7/8 DT. Popular songs will be edited to "Slow Down ver." and then ranked to accommodate this new PP farm meta.
Yuudachi-kun

StephOsu wrote:

Khelly wrote:

[quoe=Yuno Nikusu"]higher HR = snapping to the notes faster

HR 2.0 comig aoon
do we finally get actual 2x instead of 1.4x/1.5x?[/quote]

Hr 2.0 implements a new timing window

All maps are od10 and half of the od10 window will be for the new 350 hits.

350 will be weighted 100%
300 will be 66%

So theoretically a normal od10 SS would be a D with hr 2.0 if you manage to never hit within the first half of the od10 window.

Get working scrubs
StephOsu

Barusamikosu wrote:

That will apply to DT 2.0 where we'll see the meta shift to ~100BPM DT maps with even higher OD than current OD7/8 DT. Popular songs will be edited to "Slow Down ver." and then ranked to accommodate this new PP farm meta.

Khelly wrote:

Hr 2.0 implements a new timing window

All maps are od10 and half of the od10 window will be for the new 350 hits.

350 will be weighted 100%
300 will be 66%

So theoretically a normal od10 SS would be a D with hr 2.0 if you manage to never hit within the first half of the od10 window.

Get working scrubs
propose to peppy
right now
both of you
join the development team
make osu great again
chainpullz
Xilver taps lightly and has rediculous accuracy on stream maps.

Seouless taps harder and can barely even play stream maps.