forum

osu!mania 4K World Cup 2016 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
karterfreak
Best of luck to all teams in the upcoming round. I won't be there to commentate as I've been in the hospital since Monday. Looking forward to watching live or seeing the vods though!
lim38
Take care Tasha
pivco_old
Regarding the SK vs Japan WBD - Snow Wind apparently couldn't make it due to work (https://twitter.com/HNC_KSnyan/status/766966874345082880) and denkyu is mentioning some typhoon effect (https://twitter.com/denkyu_estlight/status/767044306804678656) but I don't understand it well enough to know, whether he is talking about himself or not.

The typhoon thing aside, I would imagine in case of Snow Wind, he knew about the upcoming work and hence Japan maybe didn't like the time? This is what I found in rules:
In the stages Quarter-finals and higher: Please inform tournament management before Sunday, if you expect a specific time slot to be unavailable in the following week. Wishes are tried to be followed, alas no promises can be made.
The way I understand it, teams must inform you before schedule is done by you, so they must preventively declare unwanted time slots. Did Japan screw up by not telling you about Snow Wind's unavailability during this time?

Anyways, too bad we missed the highlight of quarterfinals :( Hopefully Halogen delivers lots of rainbow later today :)
Topic Starter
Loctav
Wiki updated!
Topic Starter
Loctav
Wiki updated! (again lol)
juankristal
Halolgen did put a background in this finals map... Is this the end of the world?!
Halogen-

juankristal wrote:

Halolgen did put a background in this finals map... Is this the end of the world?!
The end is near...
WhisperOfLight
Main questions of the tournament:
- Asian derby final (Japan vs South Korea) confirmed?
- Tiebreaker Hype in final is real?
- Does any non-Asian country has chance to win this tournament?
- Will Ztrot sing Brain Power if another WBD appear?
- Will Loctav stop catching pokemons and being mad if something not goes right?
juankristal

Vse_Bude_Dobre wrote:

SK vs Japan confirmed? It can be, but I would say it is unlikely :P
If it wasnt for SK tho, this tourney would be sooo much harder to predict! Taking them down will be a pain for all the teams remaining at this point.

And I WOULD LOVE a tiebreaker in the finals :D
projectc1

Vse_Bude_Dobre wrote:

uh dude, did you forgot USA and Brazil ? i know they're not that strong as last year but still...
pls no lolololol
Halogen-
Grand finals will be South Korea vs. USA/Brazil/(slight shot: Japan?)

- Hayabusa has been really ruining things for the United Kingdom team with his lack of practice (although, Pipper is doing a hell of a job improving!). Yipyapyop will be a very welcome return, and honestly, Pipper -> Hayabusa sub seems viable for numerous maps given the aforementioned lack. Hayabusa's stronger as a player physically, for sure.

- Japan's roster is not deep, but inteliser is a fucking monster and Snow Wind is also great in his own right. PiraTom adds some depth by having a super-solid LN ability as a third player, but falls a little short on the speed side, making the team vulnerable against super speed picks. The wild-card who wasn't on the team last year, DenkyuSM, could be that bridge that mitigates some of that damage.

- Brazil is downright fucking dangerous, and a likely contender for the third place match against the loser between South Korea and USA. Their team is solid all-around, and their specialization in speed helps them tremendously. They also perform well on LN. Their struggles will be on the accuracy fronts on the speedier stuff, but their ability to combo can circumvent that.
WhisperOfLight

projectc1 wrote:

Vse_Bude_Dobre wrote:

uh dude, did you forgot USA and Brazil ? i know they're not that strong as last year but still...
pls no lolololol

Yeah, I agree that USA and Brazil can impress us in finals. But USA playing vs SK, and Brazil also can play with Japan. So it's like "now or never". But still waiting to see their strength with that damn non humans xD.
Azubeur
Meanwhile nobody knows anything about France. :D
juankristal

bumpinho wrote:

Meanwhile nobody knows anything about France. :D
France wins the whole tournament as the biggest surprise of the tournament confirmed!

I am looking for a cool match/matches from you tho!
WhisperOfLight

juankristal wrote:

Vse_Bude_Dobre wrote:

SK vs Japan confirmed? It can be, but I would say it is unlikely :P
If it wasnt for SK tho, this tourney would be sooo much harder to predict! Taking them down will be a pain for all the teams remaining at this point.
And I WOULD LOVE a tiebreaker in the finals :D

That must be fabulous, maybe one of the most hard predictive final stages!
Btw, JUAN NOTICED ME, MOM GET THE CAMERA! Thank you for that reply :3
juankristal

The memes of this world cup are great.
Yuudachi-kun

juankristal wrote:

The memes of this world cup are great.

This picture is amazing
Pulse
And Brazil did it. Good job guys. Nate, you're a monster <3
Topic Starter
Loctav
The wiki has been updated! Grand Finals hype \o/
pivco_old
Yeah hype ...

I was thinking which team setup had realistic shot at playing close match with SK and this is the conclusion:
Halogen- + SillyFangirl + inteliser

How to call them though? United BraPan? :P

On the other hand, WindyS seems to have retired according to his profile, so perhaps slight LNs advantage for Brazil?
zhuodonglaihaha

pivco wrote:

Yeah hype ...

I was thinking which team setup had realistic shot at playing close match with SK and this is the conclusion:
Halogen- + SillyFangirl + inteliser

How to call them though? United BraPan? :P

On the other hand, WindyS seems to have retired according to his profile, so perhaps slight LNs advantage for Brazil?
e..his profile had changed in mwc7k 2016...not now..
ggsnipess
Grats to south korea, gj to brazil to getting to finals

good stuff all around
pivco_old
ggs!

Korean wall of consistency :D

Nice commentating by Halogen- and Daikyi, always nice to hear players feedback about mappools and such :)
Topic Starter
Loctav
Congratulations to South Korea for taking the cup! Brazil did an outstanding job, obtaining the 2nd place and the United States fought their way to the 3rd place, unfortunately able to defend their title but still remaining as one of the world strongest teams!

Thanks everyone for participating and watching! The wiki has been updated, user titles have been given out. profile badges and distribution of the prizes will happen in the course of the next days!
Heintzaide
Tasked
WOW MANIA Tournaments
Good Luck Everyone