forum

osu!mania 4K World Cup 2016 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
LastExceed

blackout3015 wrote:

Quoted from the announcement:
Optionally, everyone can activate Hidden or FadeIn at any map they choose.
Soul Evans
I know not everyone is gonna agree with this but.
I think having scoreV2 in official MWC would be a really fun experience, you know why? because think about the ''challenges'' you are facing as a player that way, getting everyone off their comfort zone, where everyone could have an advantage (or not) on a lot of things, it would be a truly significant experience to people in this MWC. If you're not a wuss about loosing your precious ''prize and profile badge' then this might be the best thing that could come to you as a player, i'm pretty sure winning a tourney when you're that high leveled in skillset you'd be pretty much bored and wouldn't find it

remotely interesting at all. plus on the other hand this could actually furthen the development for our beloved game mode, it would be pretty hilarious seeing one of the top 4k players getting these absurd scores and would be pretty entertaining to watch from viewers perspective aswell imo, so yeah i'm not really doubting the staffs choices on it at all, it's something i'm looking forward to see and remember lmao.
Halogen-

Soul Evans wrote:

I think having scoreV2 in official MWC would be a really fun experience, you know why? because think about the ''challenges'' you are facing as a player that way, getting everyone off their comfort zone, where everyone could have an advantage (or not) on a lot of things, it would be a truly significant experience to people in this MWC. If you're not a wuss about loosing your precious ''prize and profile badge' then this might be the best thing that could come to you as a player, i'm pretty sure winning a tourney when you're that high leveled in skillset you'd be pretty much bored and wouldn't find it

remotely interesting at all. plus on the other hand this could actually furthen the development for our beloved game mode, it would be pretty hilarious seeing one of the top 4k players getting these absurd scores and would be pretty entertaining to watch from viewers perspective aswell imo, so yeah i'm not really doubting the staffs choices on it at all, it's something i'm looking forward to see and remember lmao.
was the bolded part really necessary
Soul Evans

Halogen- wrote:

Soul Evans wrote:

was the bolded part really necessary
Was trying to look at it from a top player's perspective i mean, the whole point of the tourney should be competing and challenging yourself am i wrong?
And i find it pretty stupid to fear over score v2 because you wouldn't win easily.
blackout-
Was trying to look at it from a top player's perspective i mean, the whole point of the tourney should be competing and challenging yourself am i wrong?
And i find it pretty stupid to fear over score v2 because you wouldn't win easily.[/quote]

You are completely wrong... Yes i get it for people like you are not predicted to be finalists can say that its not about winning, but did you think about the ones like Halogen- and his other teammates who have already won one championship and due to the change in rules they might not be able to win again. Did you watch the 2015 4k world cup? I mean they definitely deserved it, from the accuracy, the combo and the score, they defeated every single country in this world. They did not just win because they followed the rules or better at manipulating it by finding the best player for certain mods etc. So if you think in their persepctive, every one of them wants to win and its the reason why they took the hassle to sign up and even create a thread like this, you get me? Competitiveness is already real.
Halogen-

blackout3015 wrote:

And i find it pretty stupid to fear over score v2 because you wouldn't win easily.
You are completely wrong... Yes i get it for people like you are not predicted to be finalists can say that its not about winning, but did you think about the ones like Halogen- and his other teammates who have already won one championship and due to the change in rules they might not be able to win again. Did you watch the 2015 4k world cup? I mean they definitely deserved it, from the accuracy, the combo and the score, they defeated every single country in this world. They did not just win because they followed the rules or better at manipulating it by finding the best player for certain mods etc. So if you think in their persepctive, every one of them wants to win and its the reason why they took the hassle to sign up and even create a thread like this, you get me? Competitiveness is already real.
gah... you didn't quite get the point either.

The point that I was insinuating off of my post is that I'm actually extremely open to the changes and have no issue dealing with them, regardless of whether or not it affects me or the rest of my team. Remember that I am someone who is an open advocate to score v2, and I am also an advocate that is quite critical and wanting to help in the process by testing, whether that testing involves data or actual play.

But it's not about that: the change in rules is just an additional challenge that I personally appreciate, it's just... not refined. For me, it has nothing to do with winning, and that's why I highlighted the bold part. Winning or losing doesn't matter to me. What matters to me is that everyone has a good time, disagreements with the rules aside. It should be a reasonably level playing field.
Soul Evans
This is exactly what this specific mwc needs actually, people like you AJ, but that might not be the case for everyone however i was just pointing out that there can be ~those~ kind of mindset as to why they dislike ScoreV2 being featured in this years tourney.
LastExceed
This tournament should be called "V2 tournament" instead of "world cup", just as the brackets should be called "free-bracket" and "mod-bracket" instead of "NoMod" and "FreeMod", because
  1. winning a tournament that is about something new/a specific cathegory doesnt make you a "champion" in general
  2. a bracket where FI/HD are optional isnt NoMod
  3. a bracket where you're forced to use a mod isn't FreeMod
It's not bad the way it is, the names are just very misleading.
Soul Evans

LastExceed wrote:

This tournament should be called "V2 tournament" instead of "world cup", just as the brackets should be called "free-bracket" and "mod-bracket" instead of "NoMod" and "FreeMod", because
  1. winning a tournament that is about something new/a specific cathegory doesnt make you a "champion" in general
  2. a bracket where FI/HD are optional isnt NoMod
  3. a bracket where you're forced to use a mod isn't FreeMod
It's not bad the way it is, the names are just very misleading.
That shouldn't matter that much since everyone basically knows of ''scoreV2'' and they probably checked the wiki / all teams should've read the rules to understand what's going on.
Huuks
Hii, i'm 2k full 4k, can i go for the MWC :3
And btw, only 1 team allowed ?
deadbeat

LeHuuks wrote:

Hii, i'm 2k full 4k, can i go for the MWC :3
And btw, only 1 team allowed ?
bit late mate. registrations have already closed. and yes, it's one 1 per country
Huuks
Oh shit :/ is there any other way to rgister or its closed closed ? :(
LastExceed

LeHuuks wrote:

Oh shit :/ is there any other way to rgister or its closed closed ? :(
its closed closed. you're way too late.
-Classy
Why wasn't there an announcement for signups in the client?

I've seriously been waiting a long time to sign up, only to find they've already closed...

What.

So there is seriously nothing I can do? Im screwed?
Evening

-Classy wrote:

I've seriously been waiting a long time to sign up, only to find they've already closed...

What.

to be fair, you wouldn't even be in the team anyways

edit: yea you have a point for the cilent thing on foresight
Gumi Fumo

-Classy wrote:

What.

There was an announcement in the news section here since nearly a month ago though. That probably would've sufficed
LastExceed

Cryolien wrote:

here was an announcement in the news section here since nearly a month ago though. That probably would've sufficed
-Classy does have a point in here since all other world cups were announced both in the client AND in the news feed.
Gumi Fumo

LastExceed wrote:

Cryolien wrote:

here was an announcement in the news section here since nearly a month ago though. That probably would've sufficed
-Classy does have a point in here since all other world cups were announced both in the client AND in the news feed.
Oh, that's my bad then.whoops
Topic Starter
Loctav
Rolling out the first teams to the wiki.

On a side note, I believe score v2 is now available on Stable, too. Keep in mind that if you use Fallback, you won't be able to play.
juankristal
I am already shaking
Nakatoru
Just asking, did Venezuela qualify to take part in this year's MWC 4k?
NightNarumi

juankristal wrote:

I am already shaking
You can at least do something decent ^^.
I am just a casual newb passing by.
Piggy
Is it allowed that I will be in another country when the cup is happening?
Niko-nyan

Piggy wrote:

it isn't allowed since few years ago for official tournaments
Topic Starter
Loctav

Piggy wrote:

You can reside wherever you are, what matters alone is your profile flag. However, if your entire team is in Canada and you are in China, I hardly can have the match times align properly for you and the rest of your team, so be aware that I can't take your unusual timezone (relative to your team) into consideration.
deadbeat
commentators are now on the wiki for those interested. i'm sure there'll be a few names there many of you will know
Kamikaze
SOFT squad assembled o7
juankristal

-Kamikaze- wrote:

SOFT squad assembled o7
InBigSister
Loctav
Hello
I am from Macao OSU!Mania! Player.
I world like to ask you about this 4k World Cup.
I have entered the competition.
But why the Players list without me.
My ID is InBigSister
juankristal

InBigSister wrote:

Loctav
Hello
I am from Macao OSU!Mania! Player.
I world like to ask you about this 4k World Cup.
I have entered the competition.
But why the Players list without me.
My ID is InBigSister
I think you should contact tournaments@ppy.sh tho it might be a bit late at this moment.
Topic Starter
Loctav
The wiki is updated now! check it out!
WalterToro
A very minor detail, Chile now uses UTC-4, it changes back to UTC-3 on August, 13th. ;)
juankristal
why :(
Topic Starter
Loctav

WalterToro wrote:

A very minor detail, Chile now uses UTC-4, it changes back to UTC-3 on August, 13th. ;)
I'll keep that in mind for the future stages!
Grek69
Hello i've got a question and it is how can i enter? Im #5 in spain but im not in but i see a #24 and he is in the team...
Ayaya

Grek69 wrote:

Hello i've got a question and it is how can i enter? Im #5 in spain but im not in but i see a #24 and he is in the team...
You were suppose to go here and register but it ended already if you look at the date for the Registration Phase (28 Jun - 17 Jul 2016) it already ended. Pretty much you're too late.
lim38
Can we use the fallback version on the mwc? Does the score couldl be changed if we use this version?
LightDreamer
If this is going to be SPFT rippoff....... Where are the pink fluffy unicorns?
Feerum

Is this now good or...?
juankristal

lim38 wrote:

Can we use the fallback version on the mwc? Does the score couldl be changed if we use this version?
You need to use at least Stable for the MWC. You cant use fallback.

Feerum wrote:

Is this now good or...?
I NEVER BREAK MY PROMISES
show more