forum

osu!mania 4K World Cup 2016 - Mappool Suggestions

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shoegazer
Link to MWC 4K 2016 Wiki Page
Link to MWC 4K 2016 Registrations

Hello everyone. With the Catch The Beat World Cup ending, the osu!mania 4K World Cup is happening quite soon. Registrations aren't up yet of the time of this post, but they will be up very soon (link at the top will also be updated accordingly).

Since there's only the two (Kamikaze and myself) of us finding maps, we would like the community's help to suggest charts for the mappools for 4K MWC 2016.

You can access the form for your suggestions here.

The rules for the suggestions are as followed:
  1. All maps suggested MUST be currently submitted to the osu! website.
  2. While there is a FreeMod (FL/FI for one player per team) section, you do not need to specify whether or not a chart is for NoMod or FreeMod. We will accommodate for those accordingly.
  3. DoubleTime/HardRock suggestions are not accepted. There are not any DoubleTime or HardRock mappools for 4K MWC 2016.
  4. We do not accept autoconverted maps from osu!standard. You can tell whether or not a map is from osu!standard by the star symbol listed on a difficulty in the beatmap page.
  5. You cannot send any maps that are in map collections. A map collection would be something like Yolomania Selections or Endurance Training. Basically any mapset with multiple mp3 files. The only exception to this would be a mapset where it includes only sped-up mp3s, like Evening's licca.
  6. No dump/"overmapped" charts. A dump chart is defined as a chart that does not follow the convention of adding notes only when sounds are there to physically justify them. There are some edge cases, but an example of a dump chart that would not be accepted would be Evening's Tengaku. An example of a dump chart that would be accepted would be Fullerene's dreamless wanderer. Don't worry too much about this requirement however - feel free to send dump/"overmapped" charts if you feel that it's not "overmapped" enough. We will filter out the suggestions accordingly.
  7. No timing point gimmicks. This includes stops and white line wankery (timing point abuse). Examples of this include Evening's crystallized SV chart. SVs however, are fine if appropriately (loose word, but this is intentional - we will be ultimately judging whether or not it's appropriate anyway) used.
  8. We do not accept songs with inappropriate (18+/NSFW) content. Suggestive imagery, gore and all those are not allowed. If you believe that something is debatably inappropriate, you're better off not sending it.
  9. We do not accept converted maps from other rhythm games, unless you are the creator of said map. This applies even if the person has given explicit permission to convert their charts to osu!mania.
  10. 4K only. The osu!mania 7K World Cup will be hosted next year.
  11. Suggestions filled in as a reply to this thread will not be considered - you must use the form.

Suggesting a map does not guarantee the map will appear in the mappools. Every suggestion however, will be checked and considered provided it follows the guidelines above.

If you have any questions, be sure to post below. This thread is however not for osu!mania 4K MWC discussion.
Soul Evans
Can i submit Icyworld files because he gave permission on a thread here?
Daikyi

Soul Evans wrote:

Can i submit Icyworld files because he gave permission on a thread here?

Kamikaze
yeah what Dai said
Halogen-
Are there any limitations on the number of maps a single individual can send?
juankristal

Halogen- wrote:

Nope!
AlisceaSparku
Is it possible to ask the map selectors to "mod" the map that we suggested?
So instead of it getting rejected, it'll be fixed instead. :o
Pope Gadget

AlisceaSparku wrote:

hi mod mad stam k thx
Kamikaze

AlisceaSparku wrote:

Very, veeeeeery unlikely that we would take someone up on the offer at least on my end. We'd rather have maps that do not need fixing, and if something we want has issues we can just contact the mapper ourselves.
PiraTom

Shoegazer wrote:

[*]DoubleTime/HardRock suggestions are not accepted. There are not any DoubleTime or HardRock mappools for 4K MWC 2016.

[*]You cannot send any maps that are in map collections. A map collection would be something like Yolomania Selections or Endurance Training. Basically any mapset with multiple mp3 files. The only exception to this would be a mapset where it includes only sped-up mp3s, like Evening's licca.
speedup mp3s and Double Time are similar. I think it should be not exception, or limit speedup's magnification.(ex. less than x1.3)
Jinjin

PiraTom wrote:

Shoegazer wrote:

[*]DoubleTime/HardRock suggestions are not accepted. There are not any DoubleTime or HardRock mappools for 4K MWC 2016.

[*]You cannot send any maps that are in map collections. A map collection would be something like Yolomania Selections or Endurance Training. Basically any mapset with multiple mp3 files. The only exception to this would be a mapset where it includes only sped-up mp3s, like Evening's licca.
speedup mp3s and Double Time are similar. I think it should be not exception, or limit speedup's magnification.(ex. less than x1.3)
I think they just mean that people shouldn't suggest maps with DT in mind, since DT is not allowed in the tourney. If you really wanted to, though, you can map something with mp3 sped up 50% and suggest it haha
Kamikaze

PiraTom wrote:

Shoegazer wrote:

It is similar, but it also isn't, firstly there are a very little about of maps that do that and most of them don't go up to 1,5x and secondly some people chart exclusively for the spedup version (like palette gamma which I believe is a 1,5x of palette itself). I don't think it is a concern tho honestly, DT has some other implications with it that rated charts do not
PiraTom
hmm , i see. thamks guys for your opinions.
Topic Starter
Shoegazer
What the two mentioned earlier are correct. What I mean by DT suggestions are basically charts that are meant to be played on DT (the mod) - you can suggest charts that are sped up, as you will not have to use DT (or any mod in general).

Keep the suggestions coming everyone.

Halogen- wrote:

No limit, submit as many maps as you want. The more the better.
Soul Evans
Will there be an SR cap to the things people can suggest? i mean something that you would consider.
Topic Starter
Shoegazer

Soul Evans wrote:

Will there be an SR cap to the things people can suggest? i mean something that you would consider.
The mappool last year would be a good baseline, but expect maps to be a tiny bit harder (and ramp up a bit faster in difficulty as rounds progress). The only exception to this to the finals mappool - last year's mappool was probably too difficult.
Kamikaze
Also as we all know SR is really bad at measuring the actual difficulty so do not follow that.
Starry-
This thread should probably be pinned to Announcements.
Definitely will be looking forward to seeing the mappool this year~
AncuL
Evening was on TV (three times)
anyways gonna send some of my works
Bad Apple
When's the deadline for submissions? Couldn't find an exact date, but maybe I'm just blind :l
Jinjin

Sakura Kyoko wrote:

When's the deadline for submissions? Couldn't find an exact date, but maybe I'm just blind :l
Judging from the past tournaments, you can submit all you want until the week before finals start! (Because they have to showcase the finals mappool when the semifinal matches are done)
Kamikaze
I will say that the pools will be done about 2 weeks (or faster if we manage to) before they are going to be showcased because of the new format of showcases (pre-recorded with gathered replays and some data), you can see CWC's showcases to see the format.
Bad Apple

Jinjin wrote:

Sakura Kyoko wrote:

Judging from the past tournaments, you can submit all you want until the week before finals start! (Because they have to showcase the finals mappool when the semifinal matches are done)
Thank you Jin² and Kami!
snexe
ayayayayaya
Muu-chan
Excuse me..
Sorry for my bad English..

I want to ask something, how's "Technical" explain in the type of map's option?

Thank you
Topic Starter
Shoegazer

Muu-chan wrote:

Excuse me..
Sorry for my bad English..

I want to ask something, how's "Technical" explain in the type of map's option?

Thank you
Technical is defined as a chart that tests two skills to similar extents. Alternatively, a technical chart is a chart that if you remove one part of a chart that tests a specific skill, the chart becomes noticeably easier.

You can alternatively see it as a catch-all for anything that is not a LN, SV, speed or stamina chart.

Side note, Group Stages to Quarter-Finals mappools are done. So suggesting charts for semi-finals/finals would be appreciated! A chart for semi-finals would be comparable to Kakuzetsu Thanatos and harder.
Ochasan
just ignore me

but I will see " the potential of the suggestion Beatmap here :)

edi: something i forgot to tell :o

whether the election should Beatmap which have specific difficulty levels ? although Beatmap it has something that is still under mod ? it allows the players to run the game and play comfortably

another suggestion for me~ : mappol may be restricted in terms of BPM , because I see the players have good potential but too bad if the player can play Beatmap high BPM . it was really too painful. except on semi-finals, BPM is good choice to strike :roll:
ikzune
submitted, don't hate me ._.
Topic Starter
Shoegazer
Mappools have been finalised. No more suggestions will be taken beyond this point.

Thank you all for your suggestions.
juankristal

Shoegazer wrote:

Mappools have been finalised. No more suggestions will be taken beyond this point.

Thank you all for your suggestions.
That was a really fast job guys, congratulations and thanks for all the effort for this pools. I am excited to see what comes next here.

With that being said, and as Kamikaze asked me, I will be locking this thread since there is nothing else to be discussed here.