forum

New mod idea : singletap

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
BRTJ CritCamp
Good day circleclickers!

I've had the idea of ''singletap'' for quite some time now. First I will be explaining what the mod should look like, according to me.

So first of all, what is singletap?

When selected the modification singletap, the OSU player will only be able to use 1 key. This means that one of the two tapping keyboard keys will be disabled. (maybe an option in the settings menu to determine which key will be disabled)

What should the score multiplier be?

My idea was that, since it makes the map significantly harder, to give it a 0,5x point increase. (0,1x lower than Hidden and Hardrock) players will be able to combine it with other mods such as Doubletime and Hardrock.

However singletap will come with a few problems.

First of all, every single map below 3* ( and a few above 3* ). Basically every single beatmap under 3*, with a few exceptions, can be played with Singletap. ( low BPM, no streams etc ) in this case singletap will result in ''free points'' instead of an increase in map difficulty. Therefore people must use the mod in order to become a top 50 player.

Secondly, most of the maps that can be singletapped, have a random short stream of a few tripple circle taps within the beatmap, making the map extremely hard to FC with the singletap mod on, although the player is able to use singletap for 99% of the map. This can either be challenging or annoying.

Let me know what you guys think! Of course it will need a bit of work to make it viable and not broken, but I believe this is a nice idea :)
Jukkii
no.
all maps can technically be singletapped and so this is useless and 0,5x more multiplier would be the biggest multiplier for a single mod in the game.
also this would basically be just free points for touchscreen players
Bara-
People can bind 2 keys to one, so they get free extra points
No from me
Soner Wolf
I'll just map my keyboard so that my letter z is also my letter x as well as my letter x being my letter x so I get free free points! great idea!
FrzR
lolnothx
Reha
That's a NOOOO from me
jyling
streaming will be impossible
Metaku
tbh not really a good mod. Even alternate mod would be better where you'd have to alternate every note or it wouldn't register the hit
AGRX
bad idea ... also using binding trick you need to stream perfectly and lift each finger before you press another also we would see more people rekting their wrist
Pawsu
There are ways to get around it (touch screen players + binding) and it would result in unfair play. Because of that, I don't see this happening.