forum

am i forming some type of rsi?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
elli
so like the title says i was wondering if im forming some type of rsi. after playing some maps with a short stream that i can do sometimes the back of my hand will have a pain and if i just keep replaying the map it will go into a sharp pain.
Deva
Did taking a break even cross your mind?
Topic Starter
elli
yeah taking a break works but after like 2 tries it starts back again
Endaris
Go and see a doctor.
Deva
Did taking a break longer than 10 minutes even cross your mind?
Topic Starter
elli

HK_ wrote:

Did taking a break longer than 10 minutes even cross your mind?
yeah ive taken a break over 10 minutes yet it wont occur as fast as taking a shorter break.
Outline
Just keep going slower than how you're already going and it won't hurt as much when you start to go faster. If it gets too bad go to the doc
Topic Starter
elli
alright
rekhichem
if yoiu feel eny sort of pain stop playing and take a break and do some hands exercices don't let osu harm you bro , it would be verry stupid .-.
Sayorie
Don't self-diagnose or get diagnosis online. Go see a doctor if you already feel numbing pain once in a while.
Yolshka

elli wrote:

yeah taking a break works but after like 2 tries it starts back again
i guess if youre past a certain point, taking breaks won't help you.
pretty shitty situation
doc doc
Topic Starter
elli
also one thing i want to say is that it takes like an hour for this to happen or for some reason BPM 180 takes one try then it starts hurting
Deva
Take a fucking break from osu ffs
dung eater
pain implies something in your body is getting rekt or thinks it's getting rekt

it's up to you to bear it or avoid it. learning more about your condition will let you make a better decision for yourself.
Endie-
Take two days off and do something else. Let those fingers rest a bit and try later.
Yuudachi-kun
People who "hurt" so easily entertain me
Snow901

rekhichem wrote:

if yoiu feel eny sort of pain stop playing and take a break and do some hands exercices don't let osu harm you bro , it would be verry stupid .-.
^This

I actually had this problem when I was playing LoL commonly, at least 6h each day, 2-3 yrs ago. My right hand literally was in pain from playing so much in the Plat 1 division. I stopped playing it for a long time - like weeks - because who wants to be that guy that tells their family they developed a hand condition from playing a game too often? I sure as heck didn't, so that was more than enough motivation for me to stop and find something else to do with that time.

Ultimately, I retired from the game because it feels way too micro intensive. Maybe if I had decided to only play 1 game a day for about 40m-1h I would have been fine. I get by playing Osu about 2h-3h a day without any problems, and I've been playing it for about 3 months total now.

tl;dr - Take a long break and come back playing in smaller intervals than you do now.
Deva
At the time he had no way of knowing that playing osu you have 500x higher chance of getting something silly like RSI than playing LoL.
Hibiya-chan
Had that kind of pain too yesterday. Just rest your hands first, until now I'm not even playing yet and the pain is gone but I'm gonna assure that by resting a little bit longer. Well, if it still persists though...

Endaris wrote:

Go and see a doctor.
LoliPantsu
i think i have rsi, everytime i move my cursor my hand moves