forum

[Archived] Video Lagging Only?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kirisakiii
Just started making beatmaps so please bear with me :|

I inserted a video as background recently and it seems to be lagging. Playing the beatmap wasn't a problem and the music doesn't seem to be lagging either. Just the video.
I tried inserting the video multiple times and the same thing happened. I also tried restarting Osu!, restarting the computer, closing all running programs, and restarting as a new beatmap. And apparently some videos (different ones) either lagged a bit or didn't at all when I insert them. They aren't the ones I need for this specific one though.. Any suggestions or ideas why is this happening?

By the way, if possible please explain it in a simple way. I'm a beginner when it comes to these things haha.

osu! version: 20160525.2 (latest)
Meseki
If your computer isn't that great, it's possible that your computer just isn't strong enough to play that video smoothly while playing osu!.

Thankfully, osu! has its priorities straight, and generally will not cause things important to gameplay to lag much if the video is too difficult to process.
Topic Starter
Kirisakiii
Is there a way to fix this? I'd like my beatmaps to be as smooth as possible :)
shibawa
Going through similar problems, I'd also like to know if there's a way to stop this.

However since it's been 3 years have you (or anyone) found a solution?
Luerde
Try playing at a low resolution that the video does not slow down ! You are welcome XD
AtBirthPro
try turn on the "Reduce dropped frames" on the setting graphics. Its work for me