forum

Can you recommend me a skin?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kered13
The skinning section says not to request skins, so I guess this is the right place for this.

I'd like to find a skin with these properties, or as close as possible (it doesn't have to be perfect):

-Semi-transparent circles.
-Solid lines connecting circles.
-Different colors for each phrase (like the default skin).
-Doesn't show 300s.
-Doesn't use Japanese characters at the end of phrases.
-No anime girls (I like anime as much as anyone else, I just don't want them popping up randomly).
-Doesn't change sound effects (is this even possible? All the skins I've tried do this).

Some of these properties are easy to find. Some have been surprisingly hard to find. Any recommendations?
StephOsu
for the "no anime girls" requirement, as long as you tick "combo burst" off in option, there will be nothing popping out
other requirements are easy find/edit I guess
Deva
Thats like every other skin every slightly higher ranked player use.

You just downloaded 3 skins out of hundreds and gave up, thats not how you search.
Xyrus_old_1

Kered13 wrote:

-Doesn't change sound effects (is this even possible? All the skins I've tried do this).
Ensure you're using the skin's hitsounds in the options and not the beatmap's hitsounds.

If you want to look for a skin, watch an osu! streamer on twitch, you can see how the skin looks inn-game and most of them have download links for their skins.

Beyond that, just mix and match elements you like from various skins if you don't want to make your own.
repr1se
Try NYTO. p/5228157

It's great for streaming as well. Pun intended.
Endaris
http://puu.sh/pFYRW/c97f8f0166.osk
You would just have to replace the hit100k.png with the original one.
Default Skin is magic, got dat spinner from MillhioreF's userpage.

I'd recommend you getting in touch with skinning if you're interested.
There are some nice resources, most noticeably this wikipage which gives you an overview over all skinnable elements:
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Skinning
Topic Starter
Kered13
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out.

Xyrus wrote:

Ensure you're using the skin's hitsounds in the options and not the beatmap's hitsounds.
Wow, I'm surprised I missed that. That helps a lot.
kurodahatsuharu
use cookiez skin, that will buff your skill to 100%
repr1se

kurodahatsuharu wrote:

use cookiez skin, that will buff your skill to 100%

Kered13 wrote:

-Doesn't use Japanese characters at the end of phrases.
-No anime girls (I like anime as much as anyone else, I just don't want them popping up randomly).
\

ARA DESU
SkrillHaX
:3
Lazorcat
I might be a bit late but here is mine which I have assembled from my favorite parts of probably about 20 different skins. Super minimalistic and fits most of your needs with the right config. https://www.dropbox.com/s/c84iynb11mlt3 ... 9.zip?dl=0
Snow901
I'd recommend Shigetora's skin. It fits pretty much everything on your list and is very clean looking. I use the SameSkinButNoRingHitCirclesWeirdNamev3 version.