forum

Leave beatmaps in the "last played" collection after playing

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Kyoobies
Currently if you look through say, "last played one week ago" and then play a beatmap, it is moved to "last played today" and removed from "last played one week ago".
It would be better if it was something along the lines of "played a week ago" and stayed there until not being played for a week. That way one can scroll through those collections without being redirected somewhere else and losing their current place in the list.
Sandy Hoey
I don't think this is a good idea. It totally gets rid of the point of the "Last played a week ago". If you play a map, it should get removed because it no longer fits in the parameters of the folder. Makes complete sense, at least to me.
Topic Starter
Kyoobies

Sandy Hoey wrote:

I don't think this is a good idea. It totally gets rid of the point of the "Last played a week ago". If you play a map, it should get removed because it no longer fits in the parameters of the folder. Makes complete sense, at least to me.
It certainly fits the parameters of the folder as they are right now. But I'd argue that changing those parameters to something slightly different would be more practical. A list of "all of the maps I have played within this week" seems more useful than "all of the maps that I have not played for a week, but did play a week ago".
Though wording it out this way does show me now how the current way could be used practically, which would be lost if it changed. My main issue though is with getting thrown out of that list that I'm using to find songs, and having to click back into it while re-finding my place on that list.

I'll see if I can add a pole to the thread to get opinions. *edit*: Couldn't figure it out/do it. :( Oh well.
Sandy Hoey
I can see how that gets annoying, but if the folder kept track of every single song that you played in the past week, you would have to have other time frames as well (past 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 4 weeks, etc) which would take a huge toll on the servers ( I think) And what would be the point where the folders would be deleted, or would they just keep piling up indefinitely
Topic Starter
Kyoobies
I don't think those folders are stored online in any way, but instead stored on your local machine. Which I doubt take up much space.

And as far as the amount of folders, it can stay the same as it is now, with the set "yesterday, 2 days ago, 1 week ago, one month ago, 5+ months ago" and whichever limited number of other ones there are. It's not much different than how it is now, just that the maps would stay in that folder it qualifies for even after playing it, until it hasn't been played in that window of time and then is removed.
Sandy Hoey
Would that mean that the same song could be in multiple folders?
Bara-

Sandy Hoey wrote:

This
This idea sounds rather contradicting, and really weird. And it doesn't make sense at all imo
Sandy Hoey

Bara- wrote:

Sandy Hoey wrote:

This
This idea sounds rather contradicting, and really weird. And it doesn't make sense at all imo
Srry. Ill rephrase, or clarify. Whatever. The current system makes complete sense because if a song was in the "played last week" folder and you play it now, it no longer fits in that folder's parameters and therefore should no longer be in that folder. I do not think that this should be changed, which means that i do not agree with the OP
Bara-
I mean the exact same
When I said 'it makes no sense', I moreso meant the request, not the current behaviour
Topic Starter
Kyoobies

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Would that mean that the same song could be in multiple folders?
Exactly.

It seems like the way I use those folders is different than what it is for other people, and if that's the case then what exists now is perfectly good. Thank you guys for the feedback though. :)