forum

UNDEAD CORPORATION - Bloodthirsty Nightmare Lul...

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nevo
Let us build a new hype train :D
Hexas
good to rank dude
Ascendance

Worminators wrote:

Now, see this map qualified https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1083470
If it gets ranked, there's no reason for The Empress to not get ranked
Mapping is on a case-by-case basis. You should never compare maps or use them as reasoning as to why something should be ranked. Gl here!
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish
Posting update log thing idk.

Basing "remap" off some of Cryptics mod. Empress has been redone so the streams have varying spacing to match vocals/strings/etc etc. There are only 1/2 sliders in streams for where it fits the vocals now, less repeat sliders as well in those spots. The solo as requested and suggested by many isnt linear anymore save for 1 or 2 combos. Its sharp jumps to match each notes emphasis as suggested.

I'll go over Bloodthirsty some other time.

Also keeping old one just incase.

EDIT: Went over Bloodthirsty as well. Lots of 1/2 and repeat sliders taken out. More consistent. Spacing optimisation and some linear jumps redone.

If anyone else has issues let me know. If not Ill try rank again.
Weber
"total remap"

finna bust a nut
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

Weber wrote:

"total remap"

finna bust a nut
Less work needed than I expected :^)
jeanbernard8865
Hype building up again

also jesus I missed a crapton of stuff cause osu! decided to unsubscribe me smh
Wormi

Ascendance wrote:

Worminators wrote:

Now, see this map qualified https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1083470
If it gets ranked, there's no reason for The Empress to not get ranked
Mapping is on a case-by-case basis. You should never compare maps or use them as reasoning as to why something should be ranked. Gl here!
I was only talking about difficulty-wise because some people were complaining about this map being too difficult to be ranked
I know I should not compare maps like this
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish
Difficulty wasnt really ever an issue, if anything I kept getting told to buff parts so thats where we stand now. It was mostly my choices in mapping bloodthirsty that caused issues which Ive fixed now.
fastmarkus

EphemeralFetish wrote:

Difficulty wasnt really ever an issue, if anything I kept getting told to buff parts so thats where we stand now. It was mostly my choices in mapping bloodthirsty that caused issues which Ive fixed now.
Hello! As you can see, I'm not a mapper nor in a good position to be here posting but I am. I've got only a single question:

The 00:15:700 ~~ scream feels less emphasized, even though it's heavier than the previous one, even considering the drums on both parts. Although you were focusing on the instruments, don't you think/feel it needs buffing, since it reminds me of the scream on the first kiai 01:25:600 ~~, and that one feels like you mapped it heavier?

Thanks and sorry if I'm being annoying!
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

fastmarkus wrote:

EphemeralFetish wrote:

Hello! As you can see, I'm not a mapper nor in a good position to be here posting but I am. I've got only a single question:

The 00:15:700 ~~ scream feels less emphasized, even though it's heavier than the previous one, even considering the drums on both parts. Although you were focusing on the instruments, don't you think/feel it needs buffing, since it reminds me of the scream on the first kiai 01:25:600 ~~, and that one feels like you mapped it heavier?

Thanks and sorry if I'm being annoying!
Different sections at different speeds, no need to be the same.
fastmarkus

EphemeralFetish wrote:

Different sections at different speeds, no need to be the same.
Oh, okay. Thanks!
quaternary
Hi! I hope you can rank this soon, it's a really nice map.

Some thoughts on it: (disclaimer, I'm not a mapper or modder, and definitely can't stream 270bpm)

07:03:458 (1) - This stream is fukin sexy lol, I really like these symmetrical streams. :D

03:47:013 (1,2,1) - At first I was really confused by these patterns, but then I realized you probably meant to use 1/2 sliders instead of 1/4?

Right now the brass section/trumpet thing/whatever plays on the yellow 1, the green 1 and the green 5, and I don't see what the yellow 2 goes to at all.

04:13:680 (1,2,3) - I feel like these sorts of patterns work better with more than 1.00 distance spacing. The wide distance spacing on the purple 1,2,3,4 pattern builds up momentum, and then the big jump towards the pink 1 builds it even more, but then the pink 2 is really close and you lose all of that mometum. It's almost like an antijump?

04:48:347 (1,2,3,4) - This is a really big jump to spring on the player, especially when the objects immediately afterwards are much slower compared to this (and I don't think it reflects the intensity of the music very well)

04:51:347 (4,1) - Probably shouldn't be an antijump.

05:16:791 (5) - Maybe it's just my personal settings, but the clap on this slider sticks out compared to the other ones? Idk why

06:10:569 (3,4) - I don't like how the jump between 3-4 is way slower than the jumps between 1-2 and 2-3.

06:13:236 (1) - This looks a bit better if you poke it down a couple pixels?

07:07:902 (1,2,3,4) - I don't really like the way some of these point left and some point right

07:29:680 (9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - This is almost symmetrical around the Y axis, and it would totally look kickass if it was symmetrical right?

Some lopsided patterns / things-that-might-look-better-if-they-were-perfect-circles:
06:55:458 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8)

06:06:680 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,1,2,3)

07:02:680 (3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5)

07:21:513 (6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1)

And that's all of the problems I really have with the map, and I mean, a lot of them are just small problems :| I hope you can rank it soon, good luck
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

quaternary wrote:

Hi! I hope you can rank this soon, it's a really nice map.

Some thoughts on it: (disclaimer, I'm not a mapper or modder, and definitely can't stream 270bpm)

07:03:458 (1) - This stream is fukin sexy lol, I really like these symmetrical streams. :D

03:47:013 (1,2,1) - At first I was really confused by these patterns, but then I realized you probably meant to use 1/2 sliders instead of 1/4?

Right now the brass section/trumpet thing/whatever plays on the yellow 1, the green 1 and the green 5, and I don't see what the yellow 2 goes to at all. - It was originally 1/2 sliders but a few people including BN's didnt like that and If you check cryptics mod he suggested I go with this.

04:13:680 (1,2,3) - I feel like these sorts of patterns work better with more than 1.00 distance spacing. The wide distance spacing on the purple 1,2,3,4 pattern builds up momentum, and then the big jump towards the pink 1 builds it even more, but then the pink 2 is really close and you lose all of that mometum. It's almost like an antijump? - Yeah the movement of snapping back makes up for the smaller distance.

04:48:347 (1,2,3,4) - This is a really big jump to spring on the player, especially when the objects immediately afterwards are much slower compared to this (and I don't think it reflects the intensity of the music very well) - Fair enough, scaled down a bit, I still want it to be pretty big to give a bit of a punch here.

04:51:347 (4,1) - Probably shouldn't be an antijump. - They all play fine, I can do them myself and Ive never seen testplayers complain about it. You tend to not notice the smaller distance while snapping back at this sort of speed.

05:16:791 (5) - Maybe it's just my personal settings, but the clap on this slider sticks out compared to the other ones? Idk why - Gave it a check and it looks fine.

06:10:569 (3,4) - I don't like how the jump between 3-4 is way slower than the jumps between 1-2 and 2-3. - Gave it a bit more spacing.

06:13:236 (1) - This looks a bit better if you poke it down a couple pixels?

07:07:902 (1,2,3,4) - I don't really like the way some of these point left and some point right

07:29:680 (9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - This is almost symmetrical around the Y axis, and it would totally look kickass if it was symmetrical right? - I kinda like how it isnt honestly.

Some lopsided patterns / things-that-might-look-better-if-they-were-perfect-circles:
06:55:458 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8)

06:06:680 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,1,2,3)

07:02:680 (3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5)

07:21:513 (6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - Save for the second one they are all perfect circles, it just looks off because of transitions in and out. And the second one is noticeable and symmetrical anyways so it doesnt matter. I made them all with slider converts so I can vouch for them being perfect circles.

And that's all of the problems I really have with the map, and I mean, a lot of them are just small problems :| I hope you can rank it soon, good luck
Wormi
okay have my small mod

00:22:064 (1,2,3,4) - Would follow the song better if it was 1/4 sliders imo
00:24:730 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - You could have used a higher spacing for theses notes, for more emphasis
00:28:342 - There's a note here that hasn't been mapped
00:29:064 (11) - Flow would be better if (11) was at the (6) place imo
00:33:397 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - I don't like how this part is different from 00:44:064 (1,2,3,1,2,1,2,1,2,3,4) - and 01:40:064 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) -
02:49:613 (1,2,3,4,1) - This pattern seems too much spaced for the intensity of this part of the song
05:23:014 (1) - This stream is already hard enough, can't you move this note a bit down so it follows the curve better?
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

Worminators wrote:

okay have my small mod

00:22:064 (1,2,3,4) - Would follow the song better if it was 1/4 sliders imo - Disagree.
00:24:730 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - You could have used a higher spacing for theses notes, for more emphasis. - No need since its 1/6th in a 1/4 section. Its consistent with the rest of the long streams as well.
00:28:342 - There's a note here that hasn't been mapped - Intentional, I let all the BN's who bubbled this to begin with know about that and they all agree with leaving it out. You cant notice it at full speed while playing either.
00:29:064 (11) - Flow would be better if (11) was at the (6) place imo - Yeah it does.
00:33:397 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - I don't like how this part is different from 00:44:064 (1,2,3,1,2,1,2,1,2,3,4) - and 01:40:064 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - - Explained this a few times way back in the thread. The first and third are the exact same, the second one is different because its in a different section thats more intense and the drums are a lot different than in the first and third instances.
02:49:613 (1,2,3,4,1) - This pattern seems too much spaced for the intensity of this part of the song. Fair enough, scaled it down a bit.
05:23:014 (1) - This stream is already hard enough, can't you move this note a bit down so it follows the curve better? - Gotta have that click for the finish.
mithew
idunno if you'd take this suggestion but i feel like it fits the guitar a lot better with this rhythm (also not sure if you've changed this already)

01:36:064 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - these two patterns currently don't represent the guitar well , which is the most noticeable and strongest part of the song

i've used this rhythm pattern on similar sections with that guitar riff being most dominate, and it just fits so much better using that rhythm, especially when (1) is stacked on the (2) sliderhead

the reason it fits so much better is because the first 3 notes are all open notes on the guitar, which is really simple to play (literally just strumming three times without your finger touching the frets). it sounds extremely simple too, so no movement in the cursor with the (1) stacked on the slider head of (2) is honestly the best way to represent a simple guitar pattern like that. simple and easy to play without any unnecessary movements. making the next 3 notes jumps fits with the change in guitar too so thats what i'd do for the next 3 notes.

something like this is what i've come up with, and i'm not really a mapper so that pattern probably sucks but i've tried using other rhythms and none of them really get the job done compared to this one. i really think this objectively fits the riff the best and i hope you can find a way to use it well...
Cheesecake
hurricane mithew
Duck with Hat
tbh... THIS MAP LOOK GREAT U DID A GOOD JOB THERE! :o
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

mithew wrote:

idunno if you'd take this suggestion but i feel like it fits the guitar a lot better with this rhythm (also not sure if you've changed this already)

01:36:064 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - these two patterns currently don't represent the guitar well , which is the most noticeable and strongest part of the song

i've used this rhythm pattern on similar sections with that guitar riff being most dominate, and it just fits so much better using that rhythm, especially when (1) is stacked on the (2) sliderhead

the reason it fits so much better is because the first 3 notes are all open notes on the guitar, which is really simple to play (literally just strumming three times without your finger touching the frets). it sounds extremely simple too, so no movement in the cursor with the (1) stacked on the slider head of (2) is honestly the best way to represent a simple guitar pattern like that. simple and easy to play without any unnecessary movements. making the next 3 notes jumps fits with the change in guitar too so thats what i'd do for the next 3 notes.

something like this is what i've come up with, and i'm not really a mapper so that pattern probably sucks but i've tried using other rhythms and none of them really get the job done compared to this one. i really think this objectively fits the riff the best and i hope you can find a way to use it well...
Yeah I can do that. Only reason I mapped it as it is now was to make it easier. But yeah, were going full buff on this. Ill fiddle around with some patterns later.
Weriko
what I'm doing with my life rip, saw the nonupdated version, soooorrryyyyyy
Sorose
Where are the mods FeelsBadMan
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

GhostZ wrote:

Where are the mods FeelsBadMan
Where is the 3rd BN*
sinn
just a small thing
make the around 03:11:613 - to be something like this?
Ayyri
Curve it
Cheesecake
Twist it
Noffy
Bop it
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish
Qualify it.
Nokys
Harder
Better
Faster
Stronger
aetwuns
GET UP, COME ON GET DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

Dream is over boys.
jeanbernard8865

EphemeralFetish wrote:

Dream is over boys.
I STILL HAVE HOPE
aetwuns

EphemeralFetish wrote:

Dream is over boys.
You're joking right? Please tell me you're joking.
-Visceral-

EphemeralFetish wrote:

Dream is over boys.
Wait til I get BN owo
Ekoro

EphemeralFetish wrote:

Dream is over boys.
really

my set is over then

let me join you
Ideal

EphemeralFetish wrote: