forum

UNDEAD CORPORATION - Bloodthirsty Nightmare Lul...

posted
Total Posts
show more
Lasse
p/5445112 pretty much sums up the discussion we recently had about things like this
so right now everything is fine regarding rc and metadata
but keep in mind it also has to be fine for whoever is checking this or similar maps for bubble/qualify..
riktoi
UNDEAD CORPORATION - Songs Compilation
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish
Not gonna be explaining song relation anymore, or the rules to mixing songs like this. Its been explained by me and several people over the course of this thread multiple times. Please read the thread before asking questions that may have already been explained.
Zero__wind
questionable 1/6 notes:
00:15:397 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - 1/4 with some 1/8 imo
02:44:057 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - ^
02:06:730 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - probably 1/2

and questionable 1/4 in the latter part:
06:12:124 (2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4) - most seem to be 1/2 with only a small portion of 1/4
07:05:236 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - seems overmapping

and questionable 1/3 notes:
06:51:384 (6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - 06:51:458 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - should be 1/2 and I can't really hear the note at 06:51:384 (6) -

may not be all, but I believe the above should be reconsidered more carefully
lilelf29

Monstrata wrote:

Are they the only songs in the album? xD

Seems like two songs are being arbitrarily put together to make a mapset that's over 5 minutes, thus allowing both songs to be approved without needing a set. Not that i'm against it or anything though, because if people are fine with this, I'm totally going to do this in the future.
I mean they're 2 songs directly after each other in the album and relate to each other, what more do you want?
Makes significantly more sense than the trash that edit a songs length and just add a spinner or something stupid.
Fezu

Monstrata wrote:

Are they the only songs in the album? xD

Seems like two songs are being arbitrarily put together to make a mapset that's over 5 minutes, thus allowing both songs to be approved without needing a set. Not that i'm against it or anything though, because if people are fine with this, I'm totally going to do this in the future.
Kyshiro already did it with https://osu.ppy.sh/s/346740 , so I don't think its' that problematic.

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/395739 Is already qualified and is having the same issues, anyways seems to've been discussed. So there shouldn't be an issue. Zzz.

I think its' fine to mix songs if they come right after eachother in the tracklist, not really sure if I'm fine with mixing songs from different albums together. Unless the mp3 editing makes the transition smooth and even then I don't like it that much.
Shibi
This is going to be ranked soon. I can feel it!
Spork Lover
00:10:731 and 02:39:391 - aren't these green points pretty much useless? xd
Also, I'm super hyped about this, good luck with ranking!!
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

Zero__wind wrote:

questionable 1/6 notes:
00:15:397 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - 1/4 with some 1/8 imo - Its a pure 1/6th drum roll.
02:44:057 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - ^ - Same here.
02:06:730 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - probably 1/2- This is a mix of 1/4 and 1/6th. I spoke with a few people about this and we agree that "Overmapping" it to make it more simple and easier to play is the better option.

and questionable 1/4 in the latter part:
06:12:124 (2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4) - most seem to be 1/2 with only a small portion of 1/4 - Same here, random mix of 1/3 1/4 and some just random notes. "Overmapped for simplicity.
07:05:236 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - seems overmapping - 1/4 drum roll is pretty clear here.

and questionable 1/3 notes:
06:51:384 (6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - 06:51:458 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - should be 1/2 and I can't really hear the note at 06:51:384 (6) - - Definitely not 1/2 I originally had this as 1/4 and people suggested I use 1/3 instead. I think its just another case of shitty guitar playing thats a total mess and you cant accurately map without it being stupid.

may not be all, but I believe the above should be reconsidered more carefully

Spork Lover wrote:

00:10:731 and 02:39:391 - aren't these green points pretty much useless? xd
Also, I'm super hyped about this, good luck with ranking!!
You're allowed to have green lines on top of timing points, so its no issue.
Dawns
bubble #2, let's do it!!
xDololow
Oh sh........
PogChamp PogChamp PogChamp PogChamp
Osuology
I'm torn between whether I want a new 8 star map, or apparition to still be the hardest map since the song perfectly matches it. AGH
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

Osuology wrote:

I'm torn between whether I want a new 8 star map, or apparition to still be the hardest map since the song perfectly matches it. AGH
Look deep in your heart my child. You know you want this.
Fezu
osu! needs more UNDEAD CORPORATION!
Shiirn

Fezu wrote:

it really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really
doesn't

this map's ok tho
Fezu

Shiirn wrote:

Fezu wrote:

it really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really
doesn't

this map's ok tho
It really does.

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to this map ;)
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish
Undead Corp compilation soon boys :^)
Yuii-
01:26:730 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - There are some cool objects unsnapped by 1 ms

Nothing major though, just opened the map and randomly found some of them lul
Cheesecake
Actually the (1) is snapped
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

Yuii- wrote:

01:26:730 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - There are some cool objects unsnapped by 1 ms

Nothing major though, just opened the map and randomly found some of them lul
Holy why did AIMod not tell me when I checked.
Shiirn
AIMod only notices if it's >5ms. 1ms or even 2ms can be due to rounding errors when you change the offset of the map.
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish
Aight fixed that weird 1ms snap. Resnapped the whole map just incase there were more as well.

Also I thought you were too busy to check this when I asked you, Yuii- :^)
Dre-
go for rank hype af
Cryptic

EphemeralFetish wrote:

Takes a lot less time to peak at a map than to actually mod it.
Dawns

Cryptic wrote:

EphemeralFetish wrote:

Takes a lot less time to peak at a map than to actually mod it.
Translation to those of you that aren't BN's: "every BN was too scared to be the first bubble on this for fear of damaging their internet reputation"
'_>'
-Yunii-
if i get 100% on relax can this get ranked right meow
Seijiro
Remember to keep discussions related to the map... just in case...

Re-checked once again and I hope I didn't miss other micro-unsnaps, heh...
Shiirn
micro-unsnaps aren't even that major... they're just like "oh, weird". <5ms is completely negligible.
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish
Apparently if its 1ms its still rankable or something.
Shiirn
That's due to the aforementioned rounding errors.

270bpm = 4.5 beats per second = 222.222... milliseconds per beat... or 55.555... per 1/4 tick.

I'm not sure if this is still the case, or was ever the case, but in my experience sometimes the timeline rounds down while the object placement rounds up, so you get 1ms "errors" where the editor will be at one millisecond but the object is at the other, and even when you place it, often it will snap to the same millisecond because that's the "correct" one. This happens more often in higher BPM because of how much smaller each proportional chunk of milliseconds-per-tick gets.
Weber
man, I wish other maps were scrutinised as hard as 8* maps are :^)
-Ran Yakumo-

Monstrata wrote:

Not that it's unrankable but, is there a relationship between these two songs aside from being by Undead Corporation and part of Touhou Project?
>saying Undead Corporation instead of UNDEAD CORPORATION
TRIGGERED
jeanbernard8865

-Ran Yakumo- wrote:

Monstrata wrote:

Not that it's unrankable but, is there a relationship between these two songs aside from being by Undead Corporation and part of Touhou Project?
>saying Undead Corporation instead of UNDEAD CORPORATION
TRIGGERED
Don't worry, he's got a special place in Hell alongside those who say Zun instead of ZUN.
chainpullz

Shiirn wrote:

micro-unsnaps aren't even that major... they're just like "oh, weird". <5ms is completely negligible.
I mean, 4-5ms can be really pushing it on higher od (ie. od 10) especially if it's inconsistent (ie. can't just toss local offset on and be all set). <3ms is probably unnoticeable on any od though.
Ayyri
Looking at a map =/= Modding a map.
xDololow

Ayyri wrote:

Looking at a map =/= Modding a map.
I Must Decrease

hmmm
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

Xexxar wrote:

hmmm
Wheres my bubble famerino. :^)
Shiirn

chainpullz wrote:

Shiirn wrote:

I mean, 4-5ms can be really pushing it on higher od (ie. od 10) especially if it's inconsistent (ie. can't just toss local offset on and be all set). <3ms is probably unnoticeable on any od though.

case by case basis
Cylux

Osuology wrote:

Speed of Link > Apparition

In terms of difficulty
show more