forum

UNDEAD CORPORATION - Bloodthirsty Nightmare Lul...

posted
Total Posts
show more
Makeli
song 1 vs. song 2 doesn't really work since both of the songs here are from the same band
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish
Yeah Vs. Ive always looked at as a mashup/mix of two songs rather than just 2 back to back. I went with X / X Because other rhythm games have done so with similar cases. Plus from reading Maakkeli's thread comments about it, it seems the majority of people prefer this way anyways.

Also Bara- you should bubble this :^)
Vivyanne
i wish i passed my bn test

:^>
Dawns

Dawnsday wrote:

why isn't this bubbled yet, from what I've been told this has had MULTIPLE bn checks all of which ended on a positive note and Fetish being told the map is of good quality but no one is willing to bubble it because of

"Risks"

What do you people define as a risk? reddit blows up at you because you qualified a map over 8* (Allow me to address the elephant in the room. THIS MAP ISN'T ALIEN.), people are HAPPY with high star maps being ranked as long as they maintain a high quality, which is the case for this map in my belief and in the belief of many?

What's wrong? Does it need more testplays? I can happily provide a liveplay of me doing the map if that gives you confidence that the map plays as well as it looks? Man up and just do your job already, I'm sure the community would rather see you try to do your job and fail than ignore a set because of your precious reputation that ultimately means little to nothing.
one week ago.

nothing changes
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

Dawnsday wrote:

Dawnsday wrote:

why isn't this bubbled yet, from what I've been told this has had MULTIPLE bn checks all of which ended on a positive note and Fetish being told the map is of good quality but no one is willing to bubble it because of

"Risks"

What do you people define as a risk? reddit blows up at you because you qualified a map over 8* (Allow me to address the elephant in the room. THIS MAP ISN'T ALIEN.), people are HAPPY with high star maps being ranked as long as they maintain a high quality, which is the case for this map in my belief and in the belief of many?

What's wrong? Does it need more testplays? I can happily provide a liveplay of me doing the map if that gives you confidence that the map plays as well as it looks? Man up and just do your job already, I'm sure the community would rather see you try to do your job and fail than ignore a set because of your precious reputation that ultimately means little to nothing.
one week ago.

nothing changes

Soon™
LigerZero

Bara- wrote:

Why not do the same with meta data as here? --> https://osu.ppy.sh/s/325158
Song 1 vs. Song 2
this not really work.... :roll:

except "UNDEAD CORPORATION & Demetori - Bloodthirsty Nightmare Lullaby vs Naki Oujo no Tame no Seputetto ~ Ascending Into Naught" this really good.....

here same band and album....

btw for EphemeralFetish, in tags please added "pinetree Naki Oujo no Tame no Seputetto Septette for a Dead Princess U.N. Owen wa kanojo na no ka? was her?"

edit: this post don't give me kudosu
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

LigerZero wrote:

Bara- wrote:

Why not do the same with meta data as here? --> https://osu.ppy.sh/s/325158
Song 1 vs. Song 2
this not really work.... :roll:

except "UNDEAD CORPORATION & Demetori - Bloodthirsty Nightmare Lullaby vs Naki Oujo no Tame no Seputetto ~ Ascending Into Naught" this really good.....

here same band and album....

btw for EphemeralFetish, in tags please added "pinetree Naki Oujo no Tame no Seputetto Septette for a Dead Princess U.N. Owen wa kanojo na no ka? was her?"

edit: this post don't give me kudosu
Ahh good point, I forgot about original song names. I got a BN check coming and he wanted the metadata to be 100% so this helps a bit.

Cheers.
Plutia
holy
chainpullz
Hasn't met the Fetish quota of bg changes. I'm sure that's what is keeping it from being ranked already. :^)
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

chainpullz wrote:

Hasn't met the Fetish quota of bg changes. I'm sure that's what is keeping it from being ranked already. :^)
Just waiting on BN's who said they'd check this.
Ayyri
Maybe one day.
Speed of Snail
Alright, I may not be a BN, but I just took a look at this map cause someone mentioned it to me since I was looking at flowering night fever recently, and I feel like I have some things I could say about the map, maybe this could help, maybe not, but I think I'm allowed to put my word in. Additionally I'm kinda pressed for time making this, so I'm just gonna mark a few things that really stand out to me, this isn't in depth.

Also before I start, this had nothing to do with the quality of the map, but I really don't like the fact that these two songs were just taped together to meet approved length requirements, at least with mazzerin's Deceit/Violation set (Which I have no doubt would be referenced to this point) went together because in the album they were from they were seamlessly matched up, hell I'm pretty sure most people don't realize that on the album versions the slow buildup is part of the deceit, the violation doesn't technically start until a minute after the deceit finishes.

Unlike those two songs, these are just similar in tone, and they have the excuse of being made by the same artist, but this just feels like someones compilation as a result, they don't even flow into each other, one ends, there's a hard stop, and the second song fades in. Frankly it feels more disjointed that the Unforgiving.

Anyways I just wanted to make that point while it was relevant, since I somehow don't see you making two entire sets to get this one map ranked.

02:06:730 - (1) The stream that starts right here. This segment is mapped to the bass drum track, which wouldn't be a problem, if it wasn't so beaten down by the non synchronized guitar, which is not only way louder and melodically dominant, but frankly the bass track here quiets down so much so that the hitsounds are louder than the song itself, making this stream look and feel completely fabricated just so that this part of the song would be faster, since slower rhythms wouldn't facilitate a really high SR. I get that it's both easier to map and gives you a higher SR, but it doesn't fit the song well, at all, and it looks like something that was just thrown in to increase SR as much as possible.

02:25:397 - (1-7,1-7) I can't help but hear the lighter rhythm here which is triplets that start on the last note of each of your triplets, and frankly I even went to turn off effects to make sure this wasn't a strange laggy hitsound you had, but it is part of the song, and it's didn't vanish when I turned off hitsounds. I just find this really bizarre and it makes it seem like these are constantly desync'd from the song since it sounds like the triple should start as it ends? Either way even without the song's treble going against the rhythm it's still awkwardly laid out. Just a generally frustrating rhythm.

06:51:013 - (1-6,1-6) Lastly, I know the bpm is lowered, but this stream is so spaced that it looks 8-bit, and as far as the song is concerned this is a pretty relaxed stream, I don't see why this is magically the most spaced stream in the map considering most of them are more intense, even the general streams during the bulk of the song are pretty well equal.

On a whole the map's alright for what it is, but even on first sight those three parts really threw me off, Also I really dislike the way the song was built on two similar-ish songs (Frankly other than artist and touhou I don't really see the similarities up front) and it wasn't even edited together in an interesting way, it's like you just stapled two short essay's together to meet the word minimum for both -_-.

Finally, I only spent a little under an hour going over this, and pretty well found these point just off thumbing through the map on auto, and frankly using editor proved me right, so considering that I could find three arguable issues, two of which involving the base rhythm of the song, I'm confident there is much more to be done if you actually break it down.
jeanbernard8865

TheOnlyLeon wrote:

Also before I start, this had nothing to do with the quality of the map, but I really don't like the fact that these two songs were just taped together to meet approved length requirements, at least with mazzerin's Deceit/Violation set (Which I have no doubt would be referenced to this point) went together because in the album they were from they were seamlessly matched up, hell I'm pretty sure most people don't realize that on the album versions the slow buildup is part of the deceit, the violation doesn't technically start until a minute after the deceit finishes.

Unlike those two songs, these are just similar in tone, and they have the excuse of being made by the same artist, but this just feels like someones compilation as a result, they don't even flow into each other, one ends, there's a hard stop, and the second song fades in. Frankly it feels more disjointed that the Unforgiving.
I think the reason why those 2 maps are put together is because BNL is made off Remilia's theme while TE is Flandre's, made by the same circle, and I'm not sure but I think they are from the same album as well, so that would be some kind of Scarlet Sisters undead corp map
Rapthorn

AyanokoRin wrote:

TheOnlyLeon wrote:

I think the reason why those 2 maps are put together is because BNL is made off Remilia's theme while TE is Flandre's, made by the same circle, and I'm not sure but I think they are from the same album as well, so that would be some kind of Scarlet Sisters undead corp map
Should be noted that the songs do indeed follow each other on the album as well
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

TheOnlyLeon wrote:

Alright, I may not be a BN, but I just took a look at this map cause someone mentioned it to me since I was looking at flowering night fever recently, and I feel like I have some things I could say about the map, maybe this could help, maybe not, but I think I'm allowed to put my word in. Additionally I'm kinda pressed for time making this, so I'm just gonna mark a few things that really stand out to me, this isn't in depth.

Anyways I just wanted to make that point while it was relevant, since I somehow don't see you making two entire sets to get this one map ranked.

02:06:730 - (1) The stream that starts right here. This segment is mapped to the bass drum track, which wouldn't be a problem, if it wasn't so beaten down by the non synchronized guitar, which is not only way louder and melodically dominant, but frankly the bass track here quiets down so much so that the hitsounds are louder than the song itself, making this stream look and feel completely fabricated just so that this part of the song would be faster, since slower rhythms wouldn't facilitate a really high SR. I get that it's both easier to map and gives you a higher SR, but it doesn't fit the song well, at all, and it looks like something that was just thrown in to increase SR as much as possible. - Actually I was following guitar for this, but since its such a mess Ive opted to simplify it by mapping it as straight 1/4 which is actually easier, if you really think one tiny little stream like this is mapped purely to boost the SR then I dunno what to say.

02:25:397 - (1-7,1-7) I can't help but hear the lighter rhythm here which is triplets that start on the last note of each of your triplets, and frankly I even went to turn off effects to make sure this wasn't a strange laggy hitsound you had, but it is part of the song, and it's didn't vanish when I turned off hitsounds. I just find this really bizarre and it makes it seem like these are constantly desync'd from the song since it sounds like the triple should start as it ends? Either way even without the song's treble going against the rhythm it's still awkwardly laid out. Just a generally frustrating rhythm. - Honestly they sound fine to me as is. Ive tried slowing it down and other stuff but I cant hear the triples starting elsewhere. There are other cymbals that sit with the other drum beats that Ive represented with a slider, so they might just sound mashed together with those.

06:51:013 - (1-6,1-6) Lastly, I know the bpm is lowered, but this stream is so spaced that it looks 8-bit, and as far as the song is concerned this is a pretty relaxed stream, I don't see why this is magically the most spaced stream in the map considering most of them are more intense, even the general streams during the bulk of the song are pretty well equal. It was originally 1/4. Someone pointed out 1/3 would be better, and suggested I space it this much so players dont mistake it for a 1/4. Im happy to change it if more people agree.

On a whole the map's alright for what it is, but even on first sight those three parts really threw me off, Also I really dislike the way the song was built on two similar-ish songs (Frankly other than artist and touhou I don't really see the similarities up front) and it wasn't even edited together in an interesting way, it's like you just stapled two short essay's together to meet the word minimum for both -_-.

Finally, I only spent a little under an hour going over this, and pretty well found these point just off thumbing through the map on auto, and frankly using editor proved me right, so considering that I could find three arguable issues, two of which involving the base rhythm of the song, I'm confident there is much more to be done if you actually break it down.

By the way Ive explained multiple times why these songs fit. Go back and read previous posts.
Seijiro
Unused hitsounds:
drum-hitfinish3.wav
drum-hitfinish5.wav
drum-hitfinish7.wav

The rest looks fine for me.
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

MrSergio wrote:

Unused hitsounds:
drum-hitfinish3.wav
drum-hitfinish5.wav
drum-hitfinish7.wav

The rest looks fine for me.

I spotted those when I did my delay checks, already took them out. I think its one of those you have to delete and re download for.
Seijiro
Fixed few things in-game

logs for those interested
01:03 MrSergio: 00:47:730 (7,8,9) - I find these a bit too close to each other since you previously used a similar spacing for a stream
01:05 EphemeralFetish: Okay, let me see if I can up the scale a bit and still have it fit in there
01:06 EphemeralFetish: I dont want it too big otherwise the emphasis wont make sense compared to the previous one
01:06 MrSergio: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6047462
01:06 MrSergio: damn, pc is going so slow...
01:06 EphemeralFetish: Okay that can work
01:11 MrSergio: 05:02:124 (9,1,2,3,4) - this part is the only one having circles like that
01:11 MrSergio: 05:03:902 (9) - 05:05:680 (9) - 05:07:458 (9) - 05:09:236 (9) -
01:11 EphemeralFetish: Yeah I undermapped the first half to build intenisty and ease players in a but
01:12 EphemeralFetish: bit*
01:12 MrSergio: it's not really a problem since overall it''s hard as hell and makes no difference, but I prefer the second one
01:12 EphemeralFetish: Yeah the second one I did them all for that progressive difficulty curve
01:12 EphemeralFetish: Plus players are ready for it after the first one
01:13 MrSergio: 05:36:513 (1,2,3,4,5) - is this correctly snapped?
01:14 EphemeralFetish: Uhh
01:14 EphemeralFetish: No
01:14 EphemeralFetish: How did that happen
01:15 EphemeralFetish: Good spot
01:15 MrSergio: 06:59:902 (1) - this one has poor emphasis imo. The vocal starts from there, but there is no change in the curve
01:16 EphemeralFetish: I think theres 2 of those
01:16 MrSergio: idk, again, it's the same whether you change it or not, but seeing how vocals is the only instrument changing the song somehow it feels a bit a waste to leave it there
01:16 EphemeralFetish: I didnt see a problem but others mentioned it so let me see what I can do
01:17 EphemeralFetish: The reason I didnt is because I already emphasised the snare roll, so it would be weird to have another snap after 4 notes
01:17 EphemeralFetish: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6047509
01:17 EphemeralFetish: Easy fix though
01:18 MrSergio: nice
01:19 EphemeralFetish: Fixed the other as well in the previous kiai
01:19 MrSergio: 07:35:458 (1) - move it on the right as the others?
01:19 EphemeralFetish: Sure
01:20 MrSergio: I don't think I can come up with any other things to point out, so yeah
01:20 MrSergio: update and I can bubble
01:20 EphemeralFetish: Aight, quickly update

Let's see how this goes...
Ideal
oHHHHH MY GOD IS THIS GONNA DETHRONE APPARITION
FIND OUT IN A FEW WEEKS
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

Idealism wrote:

FIND OUT IN A FEW WEEKS
Just wait for the haters to come and ruin the fun.
Pelzio
Ideal

EphemeralFetish wrote:

Idealism wrote:

FIND OUT IN A FEW WEEKS
Just wait for the haters to come and ruin the fun.
I honestly hope this makes it, it's a fun map. Good luck and let's hope no drama happens with this one. \:D/
fieryrage
holy.
Anxient
Yunomi
i thot u were only suposd to bublbe whne u ghav 2 bublse adn qf reday for circljerk lo
jeanbernard8865
YES

FINALLY A BUBBLE

FINALLY

Seriously tho congrats on bubble, looking forward to qualify :3
ferret irl
oh fuck
Shiirn

let's get going
squirrelpascals
>hype comment goes here<
Monstrata
Not that it's unrankable but, is there a relationship between these two songs aside from being by Undead Corporation and part of Touhou Project?
Kaine

Monstrata wrote:

Not that it's unrankable but, is there a relationship between these two songs aside from being by Undead Corporation and part of Touhou Project?
Bloodthirsty Nightmare Lullaby is an arrange of Remilia Scarlet's theme, and The Empress is an arrange of Flandre Scarlet's. Remi is Flan's older sister. Also they're next to each other in the album :P
lilelf29
Gz and GL Fetish
Weber
you are a lunatic haha xDDDDDDDDD
Monstrata
Are they the only songs in the album? xD

Seems like two songs are being arbitrarily put together to make a mapset that's over 5 minutes, thus allowing both songs to be approved without needing a set. Not that i'm against it or anything though, because if people are fine with this, I'm totally going to do this in the future.
Pelzio
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/395739 is this not the same scenario or am i missing something
Kimitakari
Oh my god im hyping in
Makeli

Pelzio wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/395739 is this not the same scenario or am i missing something
do i need to start debating this here too lol?
Cheesecake
Some songs like these are better off without a full spread ok
Lasse
p/5445112 pretty much sums up the discussion we recently had about things like this
so right now everything is fine regarding rc and metadata
but keep in mind it also has to be fine for whoever is checking this or similar maps for bubble/qualify..
riktoi
UNDEAD CORPORATION - Songs Compilation
show more