forum

UNDEAD CORPORATION - Bloodthirsty Nightmare Lul...

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

Tatsuyu wrote:

07:15:902 (1,2,3,4) - was wondering if this pattern could be improved by making it a little trickier to land, especially considering its last of it's kind for the rest of the song, either like these: http://puu.sh/qGRxd/612cd972b6.jpg or http://puu.sh/qGRyy/d1e2104654.jpg
A few people suggested I actually nerf this. So I doubt buffing it is a good choice. I would like to though :^)
jeanbernard8865

EphemeralFetish wrote:

AyanokoRin wrote:

I wish I could actually play this :<

This looks so fucking amazing, hope it gets ranked~

Ill try. But I dont think any BN will have the balls to nominate this :^)
Why ? It's a really good map while still being hard cause it doesn't fall into overmapping. Plus I dunno about the other one but the empress is really really hard to map and you did it very well I think.

ok I stop posting without mod now
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish
Why ? It's a really good map while still being hard cause it doesn't fall into overmapping. Plus I dunno about the other one but the empress is really really hard to map and you did it very well I think.

ok I stop posting without mod now
I wont name names, but Ive spoke to some BN's about this. In the past they have gotten a lot of flak from the community and higher ups for bubbling certain maps around this difficulty. So I guess they dont wanna take the risk again. To be fair those maps were trash.

Plus Im not a well known mapper so I cant even get a reply from most of them. Regarding the mapping, I actually undermapped a decent amount of this to keep it playable, I never intended for it to be any higher than 8.1 originally.

All that said I will try to rank this. But Ill be happy just knowing people like it if I cant get it ranked.
Dawns
hello i am fresh back into modding please don't flame me for my opinions :( :(

02:47:892 (3) - snap circle pls

ok that's the only mega issue, now for mega debatable stuff

02:50:057 (5) - Potentially NC, note feels FAR heavier to one through 4

03:35:013 (1,2,3,4) - i'd say move 2 and 4 out a bit, it's weird to play a set of expansions while 2 contract , personally anyway

03:35:902 (1,2,3,4) - ^

03:43:236 (6) - NC

03:57:458 (7) - also maybe NC but im debating it myself too, idk if this feels heavy enough to warrant

04:56:347 (1) - weird choice of indent. not hard to play just looks weird

kds please dad
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

Dawnsday wrote:

hello i am fresh back into modding please don't flame me for my opinions :( :(

02:47:892 (3) - snap circle pls

ok that's the only mega issue, now for mega debatable stuff

02:50:057 (5) - Potentially NC, note feels FAR heavier to one through 4

03:35:013 (1,2,3,4) - i'd say move 2 and 4 out a bit, it's weird to play a set of expansions while 2 contract , personally anyway

03:35:902 (1,2,3,4) - ^

03:43:236 (6) - NC

03:57:458 (7) - also maybe NC but im debating it myself too, idk if this feels heavy enough to warrant

04:56:347 (1) - weird choice of indent. not hard to play just looks weird

kds please dad
Applied pretty much everything. gg
riktoi
[asd]

02:06:730 - change when
also i find it kinda weird in the next section how you seem to be ignoring the guitar riffs even though they overpower the drums etc (it's probably fine when playing though)

03:47:013 (1) - here's another similar case (i guess?) this slider seems to be following the instrument that is in the background while it gets ignored for the 2 other same sounds. i'd suggest you do something about these just for the players sake.
check the other measures too

06:39:458 (1) - this is just... weird. it doesn't go well with the rest of the density and the "style" this section is going with.

06:51:013 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - you can leave this the way it is, but if you'd want you could make it pretty technical by following the guitar 1:1 for extra fun
06:12:124 - same for the stream here

fun map (obv didn't play it tho xdddddddd)
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

riktoi wrote:

[asd]

02:06:730 - change when - Need to talk to BN's about that stream.
also i find it kinda weird in the next section how you seem to be ignoring the guitar riffs even though they overpower the drums etc (it's probably fine when playing though) - Drums stays on 1/3 and goes on and off beat. Guitar is 1/4. So its fucking cancer to follow guitar.

03:47:013 (1) - here's another similar case (i guess?) this slider seems to be following the instrument that is in the background while it gets ignored for the 2 other same sounds. i'd suggest you do something about these just for the players sake.
check the other measures too - Explained in a previous mod.

06:39:458 (1) - this is just... weird. it doesn't go well with the rest of the density and the "style" this section is going with. - Ill swap this out if someone else points this out.

06:51:013 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - you can leave this the way it is, but if you'd want you could make it pretty technical by following the guitar 1:1 for extra fun
06:12:124 - same for the stream here - I am following guitar tho. Unless you just mean have direction changes and shit every 4 notes or whatever fits. Then yeah I might go back to these.

fun map (obv didn't play it tho xdddddddd)

Cheers fam, Ill keep some of these in consideration incase others bring them up again.
VINXIS
04:41:680 (3,1) - ugly
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

VINXIS wrote:

04:41:680 (3,1) - ugly
Fixed fam.
mithew
By no means am I a good mapper but I honestly feel like bloodthirsty is mapped reallly poorly, rhythm wise.. its also extremely inconsistent

00:10:981 (4,1) - is there anything that calls for this jump here
00:12:314 (4,5) - and not one here
00:13:647 (4,5,6) - huge sharp turn here that i can't see an explanation for
00:19:064 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - this is really easy to mistake as a 1/3 with how similar the spacing is
00:29:397 - 00:33:286 this sections rhythm choice just feels so bad to me... i'd say the most important part of the song here is the guitar but it really doesn't seem like its mapped to the guitar, but instead its to the drums (mazzerin seems to think the same)
00:31:397 (1,2,3,4) - these would fit way better as only jumps
00:33:397 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - ^
01:37:897 (4,5,2,3) - - really really awkward transition ( i know the drums call for it but it plays poorly currently)
02:06:730 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - guitar isnt snapped to 1/6 at all here

the empress seems ok to me
edit: ok i actually really like empress, its extremely well mapped!! ok good luck
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

mithew wrote:

By no means am I a good mapper but I honestly feel like bloodthirsty is mapped reallly poorly, rhythm wise.. its also extremely inconsistent

00:10:981 (4,1) - is there anything that calls for this jump here
00:12:314 (4,5) - and not one here
00:13:647 (4,5,6) - huge sharp turn here that i can't see an explanation for
00:19:064 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - this is really easy to mistake as a 1/3 with how similar the spacing is - Changed, someone else mentioned this so yeah.
00:29:397 - 00:33:286 this sections rhythm choice just feels so bad to me... i'd say the most important part of the song here is the guitar but it really doesn't seem like its mapped to the guitar, but instead its to the drums (mazzerin seems to think the same) - Honestly dont see how Im not following the guitar already. Or at least I assumed I was. Maybe Im missing something.
00:31:397 (1,2,3,4) - these would fit way better as only jumps - Tried something.
00:33:397 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - ^ - Ehh, would be way too difficult to map all of that as jumps, Id rather keep the sliders in to break it up.
01:37:897 (4,5,2,3) - - really really awkward transition ( i know the drums call for it but it plays poorly currently) - Agree, moved around.
02:06:730 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - guitar isnt snapped to 1/6 at all here - Dont worry Im aware of this. Im waiting on some help with this, because its such a transition clusterfuck Ill need some help figuring it out. Overmapping to keep it simple at the moment.

the empress seems ok to me - Good to hear.
With regards to the intro section, and the later one. Im gonna go back and totally redo them. Ive never been that happy with them and they are definitely the sections in need of the most work.

Thanks for taking the time to help out.

Btw, Im assuming mazzerin was talking about the guitar solo when he mentioned the guitar 1/3 spam? If so I totally ignored it cause its 1/4 and followed the drums, which explains the triple with the repeat after it.

Edit: Went back and redid the intro, should be good now I hope.
-Visceral-
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

No excuse BN's :^)
Shiirn
i feel like if there is any map that should definitively be 8* and still be considered rankable it'd be this thing

map is extremely fluid and uses concepts that belong in absurd-difficulty maps without simply being a slower song sped up arbitrarily, which 99% of >7.5* maps are

if only it wasn't touhoushit
Dawns
why isn't this bubbled yet, from what I've been told this has had MULTIPLE bn checks all of which ended on a positive note and Fetish being told the map is of good quality but no one is willing to bubble it because of

"Risks"

What do you people define as a risk? reddit blows up at you because you qualified a map over 8* (Allow me to address the elephant in the room. THIS MAP ISN'T ALIEN.), people are HAPPY with high star maps being ranked as long as they maintain a high quality, which is the case for this map in my belief and in the belief of many?

What's wrong? Does it need more testplays? I can happily provide a liveplay of me doing the map if that gives you confidence that the map plays as well as it looks? Man up and just do your job already, I'm sure the community would rather see you try to do your job and fail than ignore a set because of your precious reputation that ultimately means little to nothing.
Pelzio
03:09:835 (3) - i don't like this circle
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

Pelzio wrote:

03:09:835 (3) - i don't like this circle
It doesnt like you either BREH
-Visceral-

Dawnsday wrote:

why isn't this bubbled yet, from what I've been told this has had MULTIPLE bn checks all of which ended on a positive note and Fetish being told the map is of good quality but no one is willing to bubble it because of

"Risks"

What do you people define as a risk? reddit blows up at you because you qualified a map over 8* (Allow me to address the elephant in the room. THIS MAP ISN'T ALIEN.), people are HAPPY with high star maps being ranked as long as they maintain a high quality, which is the case for this map in my belief and in the belief of many?

What's wrong? Does it need more testplays? I can happily provide a liveplay of me doing the map if that gives you confidence that the map plays as well as it looks? Man up and just do your job already, I'm sure the community would rather see you try to do your job and fail than ignore a set because of your precious reputation that ultimately means little to nothing.

I've told multiple BNs that he's gotten checks and they STILL won't check it themselves. It's really pathetic. "Get more checks" and then when he does just that they STILL won't check.... for fucks sake man
Cheesecake
#1, good luck!
Dawns

Smoothie World wrote:

Dawnsday wrote:

snip

I've told multiple BNs that he's gotten checks and they STILL won't check it themselves. It's really pathetic. "Get more checks" and then when he does just that they STILL won't check.... for fucks sake man
yeah it's pretty stupid overall, the map is excellent and actually really challenging whilst maintaining a level of enjoyment. I've given it multiple runs (albeit without a pass because my stamina isn't quite there yet) and I can say it's honestly one of the nicest flowing hard maps there is at this star difficulty, but do the BN's care? Nope because they'd rather sit back with their lemonade and bub/qualify everything generic and boring that comes through the sewage system that is the pending beatmaps.

Seriously how hard can it be to say "Yep this map is difficult sure but it's actually well constructed and thought out with plenty of mods, I'm going to at least say this is worth thought". It's impossible to follow BN logic sometimes '_>'
Rapthorn
sorry i am going to have to pop this because i dont think the community is ready for a map over 8 stars by a noname like you. Please reconsider your entire career as a mapper.
7ambda
This actually sounds like a Mazzerin map imo.
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

F1r3tar wrote:

This actually sounds like a Mazzerin map imo.
"Its metal, it must be mazzerin!"

Nah m8
jeanbernard8865
I want to see this ranked so I thought I’d help with it

Sorry if my mod trash tier ww

also I fucking love your hitsounding

Starbow Break
00:24:063 to 00:26:008 - Overall that stream’s rather inconsistent in when it changes direction. I’m mainly thinking about 00:24:730 (1,1) : at 00:24:730 (1) there’s a clap but no real change in the direction while at 00:25:397 (1) it turns around. Also while I can see why there’s no direction change at 00:25:730 (1), it still feels inconsistent ; that’s where something that looks like 00:24:397 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) would be nice if you wanna keep that feeling of ‘ single direction ‘

00:50:397 (7) - not sure but maybe NC ? since you go from stream to jumps

03:39:680 (5) - I don’t get why the stream turns around here ?

03:55:902 (1) - I don’t get why the stream doesn’t turn around here ? I think it would play so much better with a direction change since you put one at each other finish

04:12:347 (9) - NC ?

04:18:124 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - looks weird

05:16:569 (1) - Dunno why there’s a turnaround here while there isn’t at 05:15:013 (1)

06:57:902 (1) - same remark about the turnaround

All I gotta say, for that map, and I’m not gonna go on a rant as to why BNs won’t bubble this.

Also one last thing :

I WANT. TO SEE. THIS MAP. RANKED. NOT GRAVEYARDED CAUSE BNS WONT NOMINATE IT. >:(
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

AyanokoRin wrote:

I want to see this ranked so I thought I’d help with it

Sorry if my mod trash tier ww

also I fucking love your hitsounding

Starbow Break
00:24:063 to 00:26:008 - Overall that stream’s rather inconsistent in when it changes direction. I’m mainly thinking about 00:24:730 (1,1) : at 00:24:730 (1) there’s a clap but no real change in the direction while at 00:25:397 (1) it turns around. Also while I can see why there’s no direction change at 00:25:730 (1), it still feels inconsistent ; that’s where something that looks like 00:24:397 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) would be nice if you wanna keep that feeling of ‘ single direction ‘ - Its just for basic vocal emphasis along with everything else, I cant really help direction changes since its impossible to fit shit in the editor.

00:50:397 (7) - not sure but maybe NC ? since you go from stream to jumps - I think I actually did this later for something similar, so yeah. Applied.

03:39:680 (5) - I don’t get why the stream turns around here ? - Extra emphasis for the last volume increase.

03:55:902 (1) - I don’t get why the stream doesn’t turn around here ? I think it would play so much better with a direction change since you put one at each other finish - Im using increased distance spacing instead.

04:12:347 (9) - NC ? - Nah, would be kinda weird for these parts.

04:18:124 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - looks weird - I like it ;w;

05:16:569 (1) - Dunno why there’s a turnaround here while there isn’t at 05:15:013 (1)

06:57:902 (1) - same remark about the turnaround - Thats just how Ive been consistently mapping those parts. I dont see WHY I should have a turn around on those parts when the way they curve out of loops and such gives it a feel of aggression just as well as a sharp turn.

All I gotta say, for that map, and I’m not gonna go on a rant as to why BNs won’t bubble this.

Also one last thing :

I WANT. TO SEE. THIS MAP. RANKED. NOT GRAVEYARDED CAUSE BNS WONT NOMINATE IT. >:(

The issue right now isnt lack of mods/opinions/testplays. There is just no BN out there who will trust people who are backing this and give it a try. Since getting more testplay and mods almost every BN has informed me that the map looks fine. But they dont want to "Risk" pushing it forwards. Then they suggest I try someone else and I get the same thing from them.

To be honest the star rating shouldnt even be an excuse for this map. This map is not overmapped, if anything Ive undermapped certain parts to keep it playable, such as the 1/2 sliders in empress. There are no unjustifiable difficulty spikes in this either like most maps around this SR. Im not using stupidly large jumps for no reason. Nor am I spacing the streams in empress to stupid values for no reason. Its ironic how empress gets more praise when thats the song that makes this 8.4* while bloodthirsty is only about 7.6* on its own.

So in short. I dont get what the "risk" is when I can easily justify everything in this map, and the SR only comes from the fact Im accurately mapping the streams, rather than adding stupidly difficult sections for no reason.

Btw, Im not giving up anytime soon.
7ambda

EphemeralFetish wrote:

The issue right now isnt lack of mods/opinions/testplays. There is just no BN out there who will trust people who are backing this and give it a try. Since getting more testplay and mods almost every BN has informed me that the map looks fine. But they dont want to "Risk" pushing it forwards. Then they suggest I try someone else and I get the same thing from them.

To be honest the star rating shouldnt even be an excuse for this map. This map is not overmapped, if anything Ive undermapped certain parts to keep it playable, such as the 1/2 sliders in empress. There are no unjustifiable difficulty spikes in this either like most maps around this SR. Im not using stupidly large jumps for no reason. Nor am I spacing the streams in empress to stupid values for no reason. Its ironic how empress gets more praise when thats the song that makes this 8.4* while bloodthirsty is only about 7.6* on its own.

So in short. I dont get what the "risk" is when I can easily justify everything in this map, and the SR only comes from the fact Im accurately mapping the streams, rather than adding stupidly difficult sections for no reason.

Btw, Im not giving up anytime soon.
Get QATs to confirm.
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
over 100 note deathstream right at the end of the song, im sure this will get many passes

really nicely made map tho
mithew
ok i noticed this after i failed the end

07:33:680 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - doesn't really match the drums at all imo since the drums are rolls of 4's (try listening with effect volume at 0% too, since the hitsounds make it look like its fine)

oh and why the gap here 07:34:569 (9,1) - i guess its for a stamina break? it plays really awkwardly so maybe a repeat slider would work better or something
07:34:013 (7) - kick sliders at this bpm are already hard enough but after a 100 note stream..? ? pls spare me (although it does fit to the drums so i guess its ok ;;)

dont kds since its not that useful!!
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

mithew wrote:

ok i noticed this after i failed the end

07:33:680 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - doesn't really match the drums at all imo since the drums are rolls of 4's (try listening with effect volume at 0% too, since the hitsounds make it look like its fine)

oh and why the gap here 07:34:569 (9,1) - i guess its for a stamina break? it plays really awkwardly so maybe a repeat slider would work better or something
07:34:013 (7) - kick sliders at this bpm are already hard enough but after a 100 note stream..? ? pls spare me (although it does fit to the drums so i guess its ok ;;)

dont kds since its not that useful!!
I took a good listen, 07:33:680 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Is definitely one solid roll for me, the kick slider is there for the obvious bass hit or whatever it is.

07:34:124 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - This one yeah, its two 4's But the way Ive done it already emphasises that so not sure how I could change it.

And the gap is for the pause in the drum rolls.

Btw, is HP5 too high? The idea of HP4 has been floating around recently.
mithew
dunno, i think hp5 is fine but 4 wouldn't hurt
jeanbernard8865

mithew wrote:

dunno, i think hp5 is fine but 4 wouldn't hurt
I'd try 4.5 at first cause it's true that the end deathstream will kill a lot of people but 4 seems a bit too low tbh
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish
Gonna try 4.7 cause Im edgy
jeanbernard8865

EphemeralFetish wrote:

Gonna try 4.7 cause Im edgy
what a hipster
Makeli
prety cool

00:29:730 (3) - can you like consistency lmao this is literally the only 1/1 (uhh not 1/1 idk what this should actually be called) slider in this part
00:40:064 (1) - i was expecting some crazy spacing since intensity change but nope

can't really check the whole map now since i need to go back to school but and tbh i don't think this even needs mods anymore
expect trouble with the metadata:
cheers from p/5438922
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

Maakkeli wrote:

prety cool

00:29:730 (3) - can you like consistency lmao this is literally the only 1/1 (uhh not 1/1 idk what this should actually be called) slider in this part
00:40:064 (1) - i was expecting some crazy spacing since intensity change but nope

can't really check the whole map now since i need to go back to school but and tbh i don't think this even needs mods anymore
expect trouble with the metadata:
cheers from p/5438922
That song compilation shit is one of the dumbest things Ive seen on this site.

Edit: Back from work so I can reply to those points.

The 1/1 slider is to introduce players to the rhythm of the song without throwing them right into the difficult shit. I did wanna have another in the same spot on the next measure but the drums being slightly different stops that. I also do this in a similar section later on. That being said I can swap it for a repeat if BN's want me to change it.

The section you pointed out not being intense enough is already pretty difficult. I always make my maps with gradual difficulty increase as the song goes on, while emphasising certain things along the way to give little spikes that fit. Im also following the instruments as my base. And against the previous section the instrument intensity is pretty much the same.
Bara-
Why not do the same with meta data as here? --> https://osu.ppy.sh/s/325158
Song 1 vs. Song 2
Makeli
song 1 vs. song 2 doesn't really work since both of the songs here are from the same band
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish
Yeah Vs. Ive always looked at as a mashup/mix of two songs rather than just 2 back to back. I went with X / X Because other rhythm games have done so with similar cases. Plus from reading Maakkeli's thread comments about it, it seems the majority of people prefer this way anyways.

Also Bara- you should bubble this :^)
Vivyanne
i wish i passed my bn test

:^>
Dawns

Dawnsday wrote:

"Risks"

one week ago.

nothing changes
show more