forum

[Pro] [osu!|Taiko|CtB|Mania] HueShift v1.1

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JapanYoshiTheGamer
Warning: This skin is incompatible with the "Stable (Fallback)" build, which does not support the slider circle elements. As a result, on that earlier version, the skin has sliders with green circles but blue borders, which destroys the whole point of this skin. :(

Edit 2017-03-27: Thank you for 10000 downloads!

Edit 2016-08-01: Accessibility update! Thanks to http://www.color-blindness.com.

Edit 2016-07-15: Thank you for 1000 downloads!

Watch the presentation on YouTube or see the presentation below!

HueShift Basic: 1.0.osk 1.0.7z
HueShift SD: 1.1.osk 1.1.7z 1.0.osk 1.0.7z
HueShift HD: 1.1.osk 1.1.7z 1.0.osk 1.0.7z
HueShift Development Files: 1.0.zip 1.0.7z
Note: To use the HueShift Development Files, you will need the Gotham font, Inkscape, and Adobe After Effects CC 2015 or later.
HueShift Colorblind Versions:
Protanopia & Deutanopia Tritanopia Achromatopsia
Other:
Target Practice & ScoreV2 Mod Icons
New: Quaver port by MapleSyrup

WARNING: It is forbidden to publish any mix skin containing elements from this skin. No exceptions.

Bug Fixes and Patches
Catch the Beat Hyperdash Fruit (fixed 1.1): A bug was discovered by username "Ran Ran Ru" (what the fu**, I know) where Hyperdash outlines did not display in Catch the Beat (V1.0). This bug has been patched. Click this sentence to download. Version 1.1 will not need this patch.

Customization and Extensions
Hit circles (7 colors, 0%–60% opacity every 10%)
Sliders (5 colors)
Cursors (4 colors)
Reverse arrows (Arrow, Highlighted arrow, Semicircle, and Circle)
Hitsounds (Cloudstepper [default], Muzikludo, Aesthetic, Kamui)
Numbers (Off [default], On)
Mania Hits (Original + in the style of osu!Mania, Beatmania, Chunithm, DDR, DJMax, EZ2DJ, Pop'n Music, and SDVX)
Mania Lighting (2 originals, plus Beatmania, NeOsu 7, and O2Jam)

Changelog
Version 1.1.2 (Mini Update 20170225) Added ScoreV2 and Target Practice mod icons, because you just won't stop asking for them.

Version 1.1 (Released 20160715) Reskinned follow point Fixed CtB Hyperdash bug Changed default cursor trail Added some supporter exclusives (welcome.wav, seeya.wav, menu spectrum color) Added red hit circles & sliders Added slider ticks for every color Added reverse arrows

FAQ

flowbro03 wrote:

Zero0o0zero wrote:

Can you please help me put numbers into the circles? You said it was here but I don't know how to get the numbers on. Please help.
Just check the numbers folder. Choose this folder inside that folder: I NEED NUMBERS!!! as one of the folders just copy those images in that folder and paste them on the hueshift folder. And if you don't have that folder, then just get the hd download to get a high definition skin and extra folders as well.
Haskorion
Objective stuff: selection-mod-target.png is missing:

Subjective stuff
The problem you are trying to address in your video will only be used on higher rated (or complex) beatmaps and to play them properly you need reading skill. If you don't have reading skill, this skin won't really help much on that pattern.
It is even far easier to read that kind of pattern when you use a skin with regular numbers instead of dots (or blank files) since you can read the exact order and having "Snaking Sliders" enabled in the options to identify which circle belongs to the slider.
The only real benefit I see from this concept is when you play with hidden and are not sure whether the next or last object in a stream or burst is a circle or slider.

Also around this hue I don't really feel like it makes a difference when you use green and blue as default circle colors. They are too similar and almost blend into each other, not creating a contrast. The magenta one would do a much better job.
tl;dr of subjective stuff:
The problem pattern used in your video won't be easier to play with this skin alone. A normal number skin and snaking sliders do the job better.

Apart from that, nice designs you got going on lately.
Blazy
Wow, a very nice presentation !
Vignette
"look at these goddamn

MOD ICONS"

quality content
Topic Starter
JapanYoshiTheGamer

Haskorion wrote:

Objective stuff: selection-mod-target.png is missing:

Subjective stuff
The problem you are trying to address in your video will only be used on higher rated (or complex) beatmaps and to play them properly you need reading skill. If you don't have reading skill, this skin won't really help much on that pattern.
It is even far easier to read that kind of pattern when you use a skin with regular numbers instead of dots (or blank files) since you can read the exact order and having "Snaking Sliders" enabled in the options to identify which circle belongs to the slider.
The only real benefit I see from this concept is when you play with hidden and are not sure whether the next or last object in a stream or burst is a circle or slider.

Also around this hue I don't really feel like it makes a difference when you use green and blue as default circle colors. They are too similar and almost blend into each other, not creating a contrast. The magenta one would do a much better job.
tl;dr of subjective stuff:
The problem pattern used in your video won't be easier to play with this skin alone. A normal number skin and snaking sliders do the job better.

Apart from that, nice designs you got going on lately.
1) Fuck the Target mod.
2) The idea of this skin's color-coding is that it makes reading confusing parts easier; it's not supposed to substitute for reading skill.
3) Numbers are included in the skin. So are alternate colors. *Requires SD or HD pack.
4) Thanks for the compliment.
OsuMe65

JapanYoshiTheGamer wrote:

1) Fuck the Target mod.
10/10 will bang

----------------------

Might Download the Dev pack later.
softhusky
10/10 HOLY

Much better than Cloudstep but

those sounds though xD it sounds like glass bottles used as a drumset
(Not a bad thing or a good thing though)
KyleShun
I switched on numbers (because i'm bad at osu) and I love this skin!!

11/10 - Better than Yugen xD

I have used Yugen so long that I forgot there are other good skins
Topic Starter
JapanYoshiTheGamer
Version 1.1 updated!
PiXL
extremely well done skin, and probably one of few (if not the only) skin not made specifically for mania that still works very well for mania. overall the skin looks really professional and clean. I love it
DeletedUser_5715021
11/10. 1 is for the "fuck the Target mod".
Topic Starter
JapanYoshiTheGamer
Accessibility update! Because color-blind people need love too.

iiko

JapanYoshiTheGamer wrote:

1) Fuck the Target mod.

11/10

is hentai
Bier
lil question if I'm goin to use files from this (dev kit) in my skins, in what manner do i then have to give credit to you?
Topic Starter
JapanYoshiTheGamer

Marisa Kirisame wrote:

lil question if I'm goin to use files from this (dev kit) in my skins, in what manner do i then have to give credit to you?

Depending on what you use, you could credit me as "some elements originally made by JapanYoshiTheGamer" or "used templates from JapanYoshiTheGamer"
Crowie
WHAT ARE OCTAGONS
Crowie
there's 3 things I want to point out:
1. (idk if it's just for me but) the follow points appear way ahead of the hit objects and makes it confusing
2. the hit100's ect are a little too big
3. combo break sound too long and loud

generally this skin is harder to read than any skin I've used, but good aesthetics
Topic Starter
JapanYoshiTheGamer
Achromatopsia skin has been updated with everything (except the mod icons) turned to black and white. Taiko skin was dropped because it's impossible to make that monochrome. http://www.mediafire.com/download/759jc ... topsia.osk
TreoxxTrooth
Lol
Xial
This is so great !
Prophecy
Great skin, and some of the bugs fixed, nice work!
PPo
I don't know why, but the slider circle overlay's have stopped working for me. I just see the normal hit circles as both start and end to my sliders. :(
If you know how to fix this, please tell me cuz this skin is awesome when it's working correctly. :)
show more