XP-Pen G430?

posted
Total Posts
30
Topic Starter
[ Ducky ]
First off I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this so sorry in advance if it isn't.

My current tablet ,the Huion H420, broke recently and I'm looking for a cheap replacement to keep my going until I can afford a better one. (I'd buy another Huion, but I hate how it's so thick, but small, it is really uncomfortable at times) I've seen the "XP-Pen G430" tablet cropping up here and there and I just want to ask if it really is any good, most reviews I have seen on YouTube claim to be non-biased, but have had the product sent to them for free. If anyone has purchased one is the build quality any good and what is the pen like? I already spent £20 on a replacement, higher quality pen for my now useless Huion so I'd rather not have to buy another one if the pen that comes with the tablet sucks.

Yeah I know I could google these questions, but I'd much rather ask this community about their opinions on it. Sorry again if this is in the wrong section..
ShinyUAX
Hey [ Ducky ],
bought the XP-Pen 430 a few days ago and own the Huion H420 and Wacom CTL-480s aswell.

Positiv things about the XP-Pen:
+ the pen is light (no battery like the the Huion) and feels nice aswell.
+ the thin design of the tablet is comfortable for the hand

Negativ things about the XP-Pen:
- the pen needs a lot of activation force to register a click -> pressure is needed to draw in programms or scrolling through your map list = feels wierd.
- if you are dragging or resting your hand on the tablet it bends down (cause its so thin and rubber feet are too high/not placed ideal) makes it again feel wierd.

Neutral things about the XP-Pen:
o the usb cable is attached to the tablet and cannot be removed.

Personally i would prefer the Huion over the XP-Pen if you are dragging. If you are hovering its better than the huion (lighter and smaller pen + bending of the tablet is less noticeable)

In conclusion: save for a wacom tablet. 8-)
FrzR
The wacom tablets are too much of a premium for me. I'd prefer getting the G430 since it has similar latency to the Intuos based on actual reviews.
Topic Starter
[ Ducky ]

ShinyUAX wrote:

Hey [ Ducky ],
bought the XP-Pen 430 a few days ago and own the Huion H420 and Wacom CTL-480s aswell.

Positiv things about the XP-Pen:
+ the pen is light (no battery like the the Huion) and feels nice aswell.
+ the thin design of the tablet is comfortable for the hand

Negativ things about the XP-Pen:
- the pen needs a lot of activation force to register a click -> pressure is needed to draw in programms or scrolling through your map list = feels wierd.
- if you are dragging or resting your hand on the tablet it bends down (cause its so thin and rubber feet are too high/not placed ideal) makes it again feel wierd.

Neutral things about the XP-Pen:
o the usb cable is attached to the tablet and cannot be removed.

Personally i would prefer the Huion over the XP-Pen if you are dragging. If you are hovering its better than the huion (lighter and smaller pen + bending of the tablet is less noticeable)

In conclusion: save for a wacom tablet. 8-)
That's for the info. I drag so the bending issue is a bit of a deal breaker, I might do what you say and save up for a Wacom, I suppose that's the only way to really guarantee quality.

Exactly which Wacom would I get if I was to buy one.
Sayorie
CTL-480 is good enough, or 470

Don't buy Intuos pro if you're only going to use that for osu!. Also, it's very expensive.
Topic Starter
[ Ducky ]

Arthraxium wrote:

CTL-480 is good enough, or 470

Don't buy Intuos pro if you're only going to use that for osu!. Also, it's very expensive.
Wacom One Graphics tablet - schwarz S https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00NFQ3H3S/ ... BxbT2KCB98

Last quesit,on.

Is this a good enough tablet? This is about what I can afford right now.
ShinyUAX
Try to get a 'used' Ctl-480s.
Got mine for 38€ but saw some for a cheap 25-35€.
Used tablets are mostly in very good condition so it wouldn't make sense to buy a 'new' one.
Good look finding a tablet :)
Topic Starter
[ Ducky ]
Ordered a Wacom CTL-490 from amazon. Good purchase or no? I can always cancel the order.
Sayorie

[ Ducky ] wrote:

Ordered a Wacom CTL-490 from amazon. Good purchase or no? I can always cancel the order.
A lot of people have problems with the 490, especially with the lower hovering height and input lag/responsiveness.
Topic Starter
[ Ducky ]

Arthraxium wrote:

[ Ducky ] wrote:

Ordered a Wacom CTL-490 from amazon. Good purchase or no? I can always cancel the order.
A lot of people have problems with the 490, especially with the lower hovering height and input lag/responsiveness.
I drag so it shouldn't really be an issue, right?
Sayorie
Well, I guess you could try it out. But if you could find a CTL-480, then choose it.

You might want to browse the internet for more insights about the two tablets.
Topic Starter
[ Ducky ]

Arthraxium wrote:

Well, I guess you could try it out. But if you could find a CTL-480, then choose it.

You might want to browse the internet for more insights about the two tablets.
Yeah I'm going to try it out see what I think, if it's no good I'll just send it back and buy a used CTL-480.
Adsary
Theres a new XP Pen that came out recently its the XP Pen g540 its literally costs £1 more than the g430, it is much bigger and looks stronger do you think that would be better to get or still save up for wacom
Topic Starter
[ Ducky ]

Adsary wrote:

Theres a new XP Pen that came out recently its the XP Pen g540 its literally costs £1 more than the g430, it is much bigger and looks stronger do you think that would be better to get or still save up for wacom
I decided to go with the Wacom and bought myself a CTL490. Really happy with it atm only problem is that because I drag it eats the pen nibs likes nothing so I'll have to look into getting a cover for it.
Endaris
There are also felt-nibs that take very long to wear off as far as I know.
Topic Starter
[ Ducky ]

Endaris wrote:

There are also felt-nibs that take very long to wear off as far as I know.
Hmm I just looked them up and for £4 for 5 I might buy some to test, thanks for telling me about them.
ShinyUAX

[ Ducky ] wrote:

I decided to go with the Wacom and bought myself a CTL490. Really happy with it atm only problem is that because I drag it eats the pen nibs likes nothing so I'll have to look into getting a cover for it.
Im glad you are happy with the Ctl 490 :)
Have the same problem with the pen nibs, can you tell me if the harder pen nibs are worth(if you buy them)
Topic Starter
[ Ducky ]

ShinyUAX wrote:

[ Ducky ] wrote:

I decided to go with the Wacom and bought myself a CTL490. Really happy with it atm only problem is that because I drag it eats the pen nibs likes nothing so I'll have to look into getting a cover for it.
Im glad you are happy with the Ctl 490 :)
Have the same problem with the pen nibs, can you tell me if the harder pen nibs are worth(if you buy them)
I'm planning on ordering them tomorrow so they should arrived by Friday once they do I'll send you a pm about them or something.
Sotxri
Is there any Difference between the Wacom CTL-480 and the wacom CTL-480S? Because i only find the "S" version :/
Topic Starter
[ Ducky ]

Strubbelhaar wrote:

Is there any Difference between the Wacom CTL-480 and the wacom CTL-480S? Because i only find the "S" version :/
Nah there's no difference, I had that issue as well when looking around for them. Some were labeled "S" and were cheaper than non "S" ones but they are exactly the same there's no size difference or anything.
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply