forum

ESTi - HELIX (Edit ver.)

posted
Total Posts
show more
pkk
Regarding Ascendance's concerns in the highest diff:

00:13:546 (15,16) - yes this is 1/6 (kind of hard to tell with the weird offset on this stream), but given the 1/4 stream before it, it would be confusing to have 1/6 here unless you use a repeat slider. I think it's fine to ignore the 1/6 here in this case

01:47:660 (3) - this is definitely 1/3, you can hear the three sounds at 01:47:660 - , 01:47:774 - , 01:47:888 - , so I suggest you snap the slider end to 1/3 instead of 1/4

01:57:603 (3,4) - the bell/synth sound is 1/3 but you can faintly hear some 1/4 sound in the background so idk, it goes both ways.

yehaj
Ascendance
popped until the incorrect snap is fixed

also had some complaints that offset is wrong, so maybe you can have someone look at it.

edit: some of the hitsounds seem out of place and just not fitting for this song, but that's subjective and would like to hear more opinions about it before you push this forward. Good luck!
hehe
ktgster
I don't think this is quite ready.

[BE'']

Wrong snapped notes:
00:13:546 (15,16) - this is 1/6
01:36:688 (1,1,1,1,1,1) - this is all 1/4
01:40:460 (2,3,4) - this is 1/6
01:45:946 (1,1,1,1) - there is no 1/3 here. Just 1/4 and an ambiguous synth that isn't 1/3
01:49:717 - a lot of sliders in this section end in 1/3 for some reason; there is nothing supporting them and so they just feel flat out random overall
01:52:117 (1,1,1,1) - this is 1/4
01:57:603 (3,4) - this is 1/3. The synth you mentioned only lasted up to 01:57:600 - and even then, these shouldn't even be mapped on 1/4 sliders

Unnecessary Hitsounds:

There are some hitsounds that seem to detract the song overall and it seems like it tries to go being more of a meme than something serious.

00:32:231 (1,1) - Both sliderends have drum-hitwhistle3 which seems unnecessary tacked on and does not contribute to the song.
01:38:746 (1) - Exactly why do you have soft-hitfinish7. It's basically just a girl screaming from what it sounds like and seems to seriously detract from the song overall.
02:00:174 (2) - Why is there a siren effect? It seems unnecessary tacked on and is flat out random.

Other things:
00:48:688 (1,2) - 00:51:431 (1,2) - Why are both of these sets different to each other in both slider speed and rhythm choices.
00:57:946 (2,3) - Object 2 doesn't end on anything creating a really weird rhythm that doesn't really fit to the song overall especially with the previous section being much more dense than this. It is just out of place
01:03:431 (2,3) - ^
01:45:088 (9,10) - overmapped. You didn't do this before so adding these notes in seem out of place
01:48:346 (1,1) - this plays awful overall. The speed changes changing from the 1/3 to the slider and back to the 1/3 is not something that players like to do. It's best to not use a slider here instead.
02:03:946 (3,4) - why the low spacing?
02:09:946 (1,2) - why is this different from the rest. It is out of place and seems to be tacked on overall. The players also would get 100 on this slider simply because its something that never appeared in the previous verses

There's a lot of inconsistency overall with the set and it seems like it tries too hard to be different everytime. It would be much more suitable if the map played more into the melody instead of mostly synth instead.
Hula
As for the hitsuonds, i'd like to add that there was missed opportunity for basic hitsounding to emphasise

00:44:403 (3,4,5,6,1,2,1,2) - here for instance, hitsounding was not used to emphasise that this pattern follows that bep ebep ebepepebepbebp thing.
01:27:774 (1) - this too.

Hitsounding has effort where it isn't required =]

I don't want to get too involved in this set, soz.

and my comment on page 5 about the spacing thing, would like an answer on that, since it was pretty bad to play :)
IamKwaN
Let me clarify about the special hitsound usage for Mahua, as he found difficulty expressing the reason behind in English. Personally, I find the justification provided by him pretty convincing.

First of all, HELIX is a sequel of another song, SIN, composed by ESTi, as shown in the background image of the set. Following the precedent, 'special' hitsounds are used in this set to create a storyline throughout difficulties intentionally. After listening to Mahua's description, I summarize the plot myself briefly as follows. You may call the story Shingeki no Vampires.

At the beginning till 00:43:888 - , we, players of the map, are hiding ourselves from the attack of vampires. And starting at 00:43:888 - , we get caught. So, it is the first time we feel panic and consequently, we escape exhaustively and gasp drastically. Probably we have to run away more carefully from then on.

At 01:38:746 - , the scream is expressing the emotion we are discovered again. Then we try to disappear silently and carefully but in vain. Screaming appears again at the kiai (i.e. 02:00:688 - ) because we fail to run away from devil's clutches and are captured again.

I may have a look at the snapping issues pointed out by you guys later too.
Faust

IamKwaN wrote:

Let me clarify about the special hitsound usage for Mahua, as he found difficulty expressing the reason behind in English. Personally, I find the justification provided by him pretty convincing.

First of all, HELIX is a sequel of another song, SIN, composed by ESTi, as shown in the background image of the set. Following the precedent, 'special' hitsounds are used in this set to create a storyline throughout difficulties intentionally. After listening to Mahua's description, I summarize the plot myself briefly as follows. You may call the story Shingeki no Vampires.

At the beginning till 00:43:888 - , we, players of the map, are hiding ourselves from the attack of vampires. And starting at 00:43:888 - , we get caught. So, it is the first time we feel panic and consequently, we escape exhaustively and gasp drastically. Probably we have to run away more carefully from then on.

At 01:38:746 - , the scream is expressing the emotion we are discovered again. Then we try to disappear silently and carefully but in vain. Screaming appears again at the kiai (i.e. 02:00:688 - ) because we fail to run away from devil's clutches and are captured again.

Haha, cute.
Kyouren
This is a really original of HELIX song? I guess yes because i'm sad when you guys mapping with LKs remix <_< (since LKs remix is better)
Grim Rapper

IamKwaN wrote:

I immediately imagine a storyboard about this
Topic Starter
[Mahua]
i change mp3 so plz dont said unsnap
im so sad because original of HELIX has more trouble when you end map
so now i used lks remix ver
Topic Starter
[Mahua]

IamKwaN wrote:

thx for kwan helping
Topic Starter
[Mahua]

Hula wrote:

As for the hitsuonds, i'd like to add that there was missed opportunity for basic hitsounding to emphasise

00:44:403 (3,4,5,6,1,2,1,2) - here for instance, hitsounding was not used to emphasise that this pattern follows that bep ebep ebepepebepbebp thing. so?
01:27:774 (1) - this too. this too.

Hitsounding has effort where it isn't required =]

I don't want to get too involved in this set, soz.

and my comment on page 5 about the spacing thing, would like an answer on that, since it was pretty bad to play :)It's intentionally made to be an antijump here. I've asked several other players and it seems fine to them. I'll think it over if anyone else points this out again.
Koiyuki
have to be fixed
01:47:660 (3) - 1/3

others are fine after lks remix, lks god.
Topic Starter
[Mahua]

Koiyuki wrote:

have to be fixed
01:47:660 (3) - 1/3 ok

others are fine after lks remix, lks god.
Koiyuki
rebubbled
Rizia
requalified
Saileach
The hitsounds are... unique...
Cellina

o.o
Fushimi Rio
老哥 你看看你
Lavender
uccu
raririn
跪拜麻花藤姥爷

btw
Cellina is right, the tags of IN'' differ from those in other diffs.
Tags:O2JAM U Lks Zweib IamKwaN Flower SIN Official Productions DUB and bloody BASS
The difference is as above. However I dunno if dq is needed.
Topic Starter
[Mahua]
又要坠机
IamKwaN
哎改了吧
Topic Starter
[Mahua]

IamKwaN wrote:

哎改了吧
改了
Koiyuki
LKs Lks
cry in the wc
Topic Starter
[Mahua]

Koiyuki wrote:

LKs Lks
cry in the wc
唉 我煞笔 别说了
raririn
睡了一个午觉就改完了 再膜拜一下麻花藤姥爷
Topic Starter
[Mahua]

raririn wrote:

睡了一个午觉就改完了 再膜拜一下麻花藤姥爷
我一拳打爆你啊 要不是你给我说我还不知道这茬
IamKwaN
哈哈哈
a32
厉害了
Rizia
rq
7ambda
01:38:746 (1) - 10/10 hitsound
quiz-chan_DELETED
wtf
Topic Starter
[Mahua]
害怕
zyoi
好棒的圖~~~ 恭喜qualified :D
Seijiro
heh... hitsounding could have been better in some places imo
for example in the intro you keep the 3/4 slider ends not silenced which feels quite heavy due to ghost beats being mapped (00:03:431 (1,2) - )
or for example triplets that don't sound like triplets at all due to hitsounding being strong every 1/2 instead (00:35:146 (6,7,8) - 00:19:888 (4,5,6) - 00:24:003 (4,5,6) - )

Honestly, seeing the hitsounding later on it's a bit of a disappointed to see the first half have these problems :/

Gratz anyway I guess...
Topic Starter
[Mahua]

MrSergio wrote:

heh... hitsounding could have been better in some places imo
for example in the intro you keep the 3/4 slider ends not silenced which feels quite heavy due to ghost beats being mapped (00:03:431 (1,2) - ) :( but i think is ok to hear
or for example triplets that don't sound like triplets at all due to hitsounding being strong every 1/2 instead (00:35:146 (6,7,8) - 00:19:888 (4,5,6) - 00:24:003 (4,5,6) - ) i only want have some change to hear... and increasing the volume here will produce more sense of fear

Honestly, seeing the hitsounding later on it's a bit of a disappointed to see the first half have these problems :/

Gratz anyway I guess...
iyasine
gratz mahua :)
Topic Starter
[Mahua]

iyasine wrote:

gratz mahua :)
thx~~~~~~