forum

About RSI & Carpal Tunnel syndrome

posted
Total Posts
show more
Hika
Also, CTB is for faggots don't do it.
And another cautionary point would be because I'm still sitting in a few thousands of dollars in debt to hospital bills. Don't do it.
Yuudachi-kun
Maybe you're just made of paper and prone to injuries like this.
Hika
Tbh it's honestly just from not taking breaks really and I can honestly admit that i used to play osu from day to night and play shit maps
Yuudachi-kun

Hika wrote:

Tbh it's honestly just from not taking breaks really and I can honestly admit that i used to play osu from day to night and play shit maps

I'm going to say I play way more aim and wrist intensive maps than you would have for about 3-5 hours at a time without breaks; I have very rarely felt my wrist ever get sore except after 6 in a row but I hardly ever did that.
Hika
I'll allow the 1up cause I don't care
roshan117
stretch your hands while u take a break

I know because i spin rifle for colorguard (which you can also get rsi from that fairly easily)
Yuudachi-kun

Hika wrote:

I'll allow the 1up cause I don't care

This is why I say you're made of paper or that people exaggerate claims of rsi. That's MY experience :roll:
Railey2
hika you're so silly :c
How to not get RSI & Carpal Tunnel syndrom & back pain & neck pain & other computer related injuries

Main

1. Sit properly

2. Rest periodically

3. Stand up and stretch your arms and legs (but most of the time arms and hands)

Here are some Carpal Tunnel Syndrome prevention stretches for you worried f**ks
http://www.healthline.com/health/carpal-tunnel-wrist-exercises#3

Secondary

1. Buy an adjustable chair with wheels

2. Buy ergonomic mouse and keyboards (preferably with mechanical keyboard)

3. Buy an ergonomic desk
roshan117

2015071 wrote:

How to not get RSI & Carpal Tunnel syndrom & back pain & neck pain & other computer related injuries

Main

1. Sit properly

2. Rest periodically

3. Stand up and stretch your arms and legs (but most of the time arms and hands)

Secondary

3. Buy an ergonomic desk
THAT KEYBOARD IS A CHICLET KEYBOARD
NOT MECHANICAL

PLS DO UR RESEARCH I WORRIED
Yuudachi-kun

roshan117 wrote:

2015071 wrote:

Main

1. Sit properly

2. Rest periodically

Secondary

3. Buy an ergonomic desk
NOT MECHANICAL

Hika

Railey2 wrote:

hika you're so silly :c
yeah I'm pretty shitty when it comes to taking advice sometimes
such as "take a break" and "eat your food" and "get a life"
Yuudachi-kun
Eat your food, take a break, and get a life.

roshan117 wrote:

2015071 wrote:

Main

1. Sit properly

2. Rest periodically

Secondary

3. Buy an ergonomic desk
NOT MECHANICAL

It doesn't need to be mechanical but anyway
Topic Starter
Danieldrd
Thanks for your replies! I guess I'll just do some muscle exercises before playing and not play for too long. Also, I play with mouse at the moment and sometimes when playing maps that reach my limit my hand feels kind of tense. Don't know if I'd call it pain or not, but should I stop playing in this case?
levesterz
yeah you should try and stop playing for a while if you feel any discomfort ( imy pinky finger that hold my mouse suffer from the counsequnces everytim. unable to move it and feeel acute pain)
E m i

get an ergonomic grip
Cipse

Danieldrd wrote:

I guess I'll just do some muscle exercises before playing and not play for too long.
You should be more worried about your tendons. Those take much longer to heal than muscles.
Not playing for too long is a good idea - I'd also recommend resting between single games as well, maybe about 5/10 seconds.
Railey2
jesus fuck clean your tablet
Hika

Danieldrd wrote:

Thanks for your replies! I guess I'll just do some muscle exercises before playing and not play for too long. Also, I play with mouse at the moment and sometimes when playing maps that reach my limit my hand feels kind of tense. Don't know if I'd call it pain or not, but should I stop playing in this case?
That's your carpal tunnel spasming and dying slowly
Flaus
Are double-jointed peeps immune to these things? I've played quite a few high apm games in the past and this has never been an issue for me.
Hika
If you mean double jointed in the wrist, I'm sure there's a higher chance but I didn't even think of that :p
I'm just double jointed by my elbow
Flaus

Hika wrote:

If you mean double jointed in the wrist, I'm sure there's a higher chance but I didn't even think of that :p
I'm just double jointed by my elbow
I'm double-jointed in my fingers and prob my wrists as well but idk, I can't really relate to people whose hands hurt after playing osu! for a bit.
E m i

1v1 me
Yuudachi-kun
Mommy youre a cutter
E m i
you just can't see it on the picture
Matrix
baaaka baaaka stupid idiot kun, you do so many repetitive tasks such as writing and using your mouse and probably many other things. you dont have rsi yet do you? im just gonna throw it out there that probably 90% of players that claim to get rsi are just pussies that cant deal with slight pain from overuse. go ahead and play this game every day intensively for a few hours a day for a few years(make sure to tense as hard as possible for the BEST rsi experience), and then MAYBE just MAYBE will you get rsi. have you seen that story of the dudemcman who jacked it like 50 something times in a day and died of a heart attack? this is how you look to me: you jerked it one time and now you fear dying of a heart attack.
Railey2

Matrix wrote:

baaaka baaaka stupid idiot kun, you do so many repetitive tasks such as writing and using your mouse and probably many other things. you dont have rsi yet do you? im just gonna throw it out there that probably 90% of players that claim to get rsi are just pussies that cant deal with slight pain from overuse. go ahead and play this game every day intensively for a few hours a day for a few years(make sure to tense as hard as possible for the BEST rsi experience), and then MAYBE just MAYBE will you get rsi. have you seen that story of the dudemcman who jacked it like 50 something times in a day and died of a heart attack? this is how you look to me: you jerked it one time and now you fear dying of a heart attack.
you started this comment out in the most horrible way and ended it in the best way ever.

I feel conflicted..
Matrix

Railey2 wrote:

Matrix wrote:

you started this comment out in the most horrible way and ended it in the best way ever.

I feel conflicted..
good! atleast you know you wont die from touching yourself.

*edit* you might get rsi from that one repetitive thing that you do to actually play with yourself, i would recommend getting a fleshlight or something else.