Grats!
sahuang
Really cool map imo, gratz
Joe Castle

Flask wrote:

Doritos
do u even tostitos?
BounceBabe
SV changes need better indication on the harder difficulties, namely 00:02:086 (3) -, 00:03:401 (3) - etc on Over Cash, 01:02:349 (1,2) - 01:04:980 (1,2) - 01:10:770 (1,2) - etc on Extra since they are hard to read and also are bigger SV changes.
Ozato Fumika

BounceBabe wrote:

SV changes need better indication on the harder difficulties, namely 00:02:086 (3) -, 00:03:401 (3) - etc on Over Cash, 01:02:349 (1,2) - 01:04:980 (1,2) - 01:10:770 (1,2) - etc on Extra since they are hard to read and also are bigger SV changes.
ur 87k rank. and have the audacity to talk about reading problems on a 7 star map that arent even problems lol

not surprised.
Bearizm
Cash Cash PogChamp

Those linear patterns are so evil XD gratz for qualify tho! :D
riffy
I'll just ignore the fact that BG has no connection with the song and assume that I lack some knowledge of the overwatch community.

Anyways, a few things I'd like to clear out before this goes on any further. See it as a few questions/suggestions.

[General]
  1. soft-hitfinish.wav is literally five seconds long. It does cover/overlay with other hitsounds and feels pretty annoying as it is taking ages to stop playing. Consider shortening it?
  2. Doesn't the cash.png file need at least a pixel of transparency around it to avoid possible visual distortions?
[Beginner]
  1. Tick Rate 2 does not seem to work well here. The rhythm is mostly 2/1 mixed with 1/1 beats, which makes the ticks feel too spammed. On top of that, it requires beginners to be very careful with sliders and goes against the core idea of the Beginner dificulty.
  2. Approach Rate and OD/HP seem to be a bit too high for a low-BPM Easy difficulty mapped in 2/1 and 1/1 beats. Consider lowering these settings to match with the actual rhythm/Slider Velocity?
  3. 00:38:138 (1) - minor - being the only slider curved in such a way and having no specific grounds in music for that I would conclude that the shape is random. Why not use a regular arc shaped slider instead?
Advanced feels a lot more like a Hard, actually. Spacing changes, 1/4 sliders that are meant to be played as drop-offs and the overall difficulty level clearly indicate that this is not an in-between difficulty, it's a solid Hard. Why not name it accordingly?

Also, it seems somewhat alarming to me that during the ranking process we didn't hear much from high-rank players who would be capable of playing a 7* map. So, I am very uncertain of it, but I know nothing about difficulties this hard, so this is strictly up to you.

Hope Beginner is looked at more properly, I would really like to see it happen. Good luck with the map!

Momoka wrote:

BounceBabe wrote:

ur 87k rank. and have the audacity to talk about reading problems on a 7 star map that arent even problems lol

not surprised.
Yet, they are a mapper and they have a right to voice their opinion. This probably should be checked as well.
Ozato Fumika

Bakari wrote:

Yet, they are a mapper and they have a right to voice their opinion. This probably should be checked as well.
I never said they don't have the right to voice their opinion. Please don't change my words.

And, I'm sorry. I don't think an 87k rank player can even play a regular typical insane diff properly, especially this guy. He hasn't played since 4~5 years ago, and still can't fc any 100+ pp.

So, how does he know what's readable and not?
BounceBabe

Bakari wrote:

Also, it seems somewhat alarming to me that during the ranking process we didn't hear much from high-rank players who would be capable of playing a 7* map.

Bakari wrote:

but I know nothing about difficulties this hard
And that's why I don't mod anything above Insane. Not my diffs that I play nor my mapping policy. Sadly, a lot of mappers can't even play their own maps nor are there many mapper that mod Extras in detail. It's just a bunch of end-game mapping for end-game players - a scene that justifies rejected mods with the "freedom" they have when mapping Extras. Most surprisingly, many map for quantity and not quality. Oh well, live and let live.

Momoka wrote:

I don't think an 87k rank player can even play a regular typical insane diff properly, especially this guy. He hasn't played since 4~5 years ago, and still can't fc any 100+ pp.

So, how does he know what's readable and not?
Because I don't like to play nowadays crap mapping. 'Tis all. Still enjoying to map, mod, SB - the creative side of osu. Never was a player either way so don't say that I haven't played for X-years, cus in fact, I never tried to :P and some people, excuse me, play for fun, not for rank or pp like the majority of osu does now. And I do know a lot about readability and modding. I can see the obvious that other people overlook. Call it "intuition" to justify not having a NC to indicate a SV change because "most" people are so experienced they can read a 0 combo'd map perfectly fine but they should be indicated for the sake of correctness, to have a SV change out of nowhere when the spacing is the same too, is hard to read. People just get more and more lazy to point these things out. You really shouldn't judge people by first sight. I know plenty of people who suck at playing but are awesome at mapping and modding. Besides, a "regular typical insane" is far off from what I mapped. That lies in the eye of the beholder. Most Hard difficulties I see nowadays are already Insanes, not to mention the "light insanes" that are just totally unnecessary. Due to the Extras, the initially balanced Easy - Insane spread is now unbalanced in plenty of maps. That's why people keep adding more and more difficulties. But what can I say, I'm just a 87k rank player who know's nothing about that anyway.
Okoratu
The SV changes play intuitively to me, I don't need them to stand out more:

the absence of a slidertick on 00:02:086 (3) - after 00:00:244 (1) - having one and being shorter signals clearly that the second slider is going much faster. The same mechanic also makes the sliders in Extra you pointed out pretty easy to read, if you're paying attention to that while playing, otherwise the sliders won't really throw anyone of the target audience off either.

cash.png could use 1px of trancparency around it if it has any visual effect, im not sure myself (should test if that looks better)

the things mentioned on Beginner should be given a closer look the points raised are fixable and should be discussed + would result in a more reasonable Beginner diff.
The labeling of advanced should be reconsidered for the same reasons.

Good luck!
Topic Starter
Beige
Okay, Thanks for opinions
Enon
;_;
Topic Starter
Beige
  • Change Log

1. Fixed Easy Slider, Combo Error, and OD, HP, AR.
  2. Fixed Diff Name Advanced -> Hard.
  3. Fixed Some missed hitsounds.
  4. Added AR +0.1 in Extra, Over Cash Diffs
  5. Fixed patterns in Over Cash Diff 01:41:296 - ~.
  6. I will fix 1px trancparency. Fixed it!
Akiyama Mizuki
이게 랭크로 넘어가기 전에 몇 가지 집고 싶습니다.

over cash

00:08:665 (2) - 굉장히 1/4 점프가 많고 활기찬 맵에서 본격적으로 곡으로 들어가는 파트인데 그 도입부가 이렇게 루즈할 수가 없습니다. https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6305089 (이 사진을 꼭 따르라는 건 아니에요) 제가 제안해드리고 싶은 패턴은 대략 이렇습니다. 겟 '다운!' 하는 거를 변속으로 강조하고 1/2 갭이 있으면 솔직히 어색한 느낌이 개인적으로는 지워지지가 않아서 넣었습니다. 00:12:875 (1,2) - 같은 부분도 포함입니다.
00:38:138 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - 곡 분위기 상 디스턴스가 점점 주는 편이 낫지 않을까 합니다
01:08:401 (1) - 01:08:138 (2) - 랑 가까이 두는 게 좋을 것 같아요..
01:15:507 (1,2) - 음악을 들었을 때 back-and-forth? 넣기 딱 좋아 보이는 부분입니다
00:42:217 (4) - 01:49:586 (4,1) - 일관적으로 부탁드려요
Topic Starter
Beige

bbj0920 wrote:

이게 랭크로 넘어가기 전에 몇 가지 집고 싶습니다.

over cash

00:08:665 (2) - 굉장히 1/4 점프가 많고 활기찬 맵에서 본격적으로 곡으로 들어가는 파트인데 그 도입부가 이렇게 루즈할 수가 없습니다. https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6305089 (이 사진을 꼭 따르라는 건 아니에요) 제가 제안해드리고 싶은 패턴은 대략 이렇습니다. 겟 '다운!' 하는 거를 변속으로 강조하고 1/2 갭이 있으면 솔직히 어색한 느낌이 개인적으로는 지워지지가 않아서 넣었습니다. 00:12:875 (1,2) - 같은 부분도 포함입니다.
이런게 한 두개가 아니고 그렇게 루즈하다고 생각하진 않습니다. 의견 감사하지만 고치진 않겠습니다.
00:38:138 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - 곡 분위기 상 디스턴스가 점점 주는 편이 낫지 않을까 합니다 저도 그렇게 생각합니다만 패턴의 다양성을 위해서라도 이 패턴은 버리고 싶지는 않습니다.
01:08:401 (1) - 01:08:138 (2) - 랑 가까이 두는 게 좋을 것 같아요.. 이건 좋은 거 같아요! 감사합니다 ㅋㅋ
01:15:507 (1,2) - 음악을 들었을 때 back-and-forth? 넣기 딱 좋아 보이는 부분입니다 쉬는 부분... 마치 하이스코어 처럼 ㅋㅋ...
00:42:217 (4) - 01:49:586 (4,1) - 일관적으로 부탁드려요 쉬운 부분 어려운 부분 구분한 것입니다. 일관성을 지킬 필요는 없다고 생각합니다.
본격 멘티가 멘토를 멘토링.jpg

의견 감사합니다!
Yauxo
Over Cash sure is a pointless diffname. Mixing song title and artist together, bravo // (;w;)
Literally anything else that would at least add a touch of information of how difficult it is would make more sense.
What's overcash? Well, it's so difficult, that you end up with too much money! ... or it's too difficult to work through all of the money that's there! ... yea no. Even "Overtime" would make more sense.

Why does noone want stick to Extra, Extreme, Expert, Master, Ultra and co. anymore? All of this feels like a tragic love with no end in sight.
Enon

Ranking Criteria wrote:

A difficulty's name must indicate its level of difficulty, with the exception of the hardest level of difficulty in a set. The mapset's hardest difficulty may use an appropriate custom difficulty name, unrelated to a username. Mapsets may also use a complete set of custom difficulty names that clearly indicate their level of difficulty to the player. Marathon maps with a single difficulty may use free naming.
If I understood exactly about what you said, It doesn't matter I guess.
Sonnyc
Nominated.
Len
go
Topic Starter
Beige
바로 된건 처음이네요 ㅋㅋ 감사합니다
A r M i N
gz
riffy
Just look at that sweet set, happy to see it back! Great job!
Flask
yey
Enon
굿굿
Buttercup
great mapset, nice to see it qualified, congrats! :)
Lully
obatiem

re:gratz~
Kyubey
00:49:000 - shouldn't the time in storyboard become 00:49 here?
ReFaller

Kyubey wrote:

Good catch. Anyway, congrats to Fort for your qualified beatmap...

...mean W h i t e!!!
Line-
완랭띠
Eni
Glad to see this ranked :)
Affirmation
Topic Starter
Beige

Kyubey wrote:

Thank you for your opinion :d...

Anyway, Thanks for everyone! 감사합니다
Monstrata
LOL. Rip
Zallies
d va
show more