forum

Affordable Tatacon

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ham5andw1ch
I have put a great deal of time into osu!taiko and have been considering getting a tatacon. Is this purchase worth it, and if so, are their decent tatacons that do not cost an arm and a leg? I have thought of making one using an arduino, but am wondering if using one in general makes the game "better" in any way. If I were to make one, is there anyone who has some advice on where I should start?
Stefan
moved.
MMzz
You won't find one without input lag unless you shell out $500 for the Hori drum.
http://taikotime.blogspot.com/2014/04/h ... -info.html

And honestly that is not worth it.
Kurokotei

MMzz wrote:

You won't find one without input lag unless you shell out $500 for the Hori drum.
http://taikotime.blogspot.com/2014/04/h ... -info.html

And honestly that is not worth it.
I have a Hori and I can tell that playing osu! with a tatacon is not a good idea
Topic Starter
Ham5andw1ch
Alright. I think I'll stick to my knock off blue switches for now :). If I decide to get a tatacon, I will probably make one out of a practice pad.

Fun Fact: I have also used Rock Band drums. They are hillarious, but awful.
hiandbye
Don't throw out the thought yet. montymintypie has developed a Tatacon to USB converter that they sell for $25, well, once they are back in stock. Check out the thread here: https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/258400

Can't help you with cheap TaTaCons though. They probably don't exist.
Aldwych
Well, using a tatacon to play taiko is really exhausting and doesn't really fit with hard map (4.5*+ imo), it would be more for fun on cool Oni or less, but for that price, better going on a arcade street and play some taiko (at least that's what i've done when i was in Korea).
HeShu

Ham5andw1ch wrote:

I have put a great deal of time into osu!taiko and have been considering getting a tatacon. Is this purchase worth it, and if so, are their decent tatacons that do not cost an arm and a leg? I have thought of making one using an arduino, but am wondering if using one in general makes the game "better" in any way. If I were to make one, is there anyone who has some advice on where I should start?
If you are tech-savy build your own prototype, it will greatly reduce the cost. However as Aldwych mentioned, playing osu! on a pro level with a tatacon is madness in term of speed and stamina. I believe to be possible to reach a 5.5* after a few years like pro taiko arcade player that clear 2k musics, but you will be nowhere near the level of finger input players (keyboard or usb controller) for the same practice time.
Topic Starter
Ham5andw1ch
I am currently thinking of slapping some piezzo sensors into a practice pad. I have noticed how if you slam your drumstick down on the drum and then loosen your grip, it will hit the drum multiple times(I've seen pro TnT players do this for drumrolls, becuase they do not have to hit the rolls at specific times.) On rock band drums, you can't do this sadly. Endurance is also not too big of a deal with me because I play Rockband and it seems to be more involved than osu!taiko does at my level. I do not know how I will handle high bpm streams though.

R.I.P. arcade option because U.S. (T_T) Namco...why u do this?