forum

Niki - Jitter Doll

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yamakyu
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Nomeji
Hey really good map. Pretty fun to play. Hope to see new difficulties soon.

01:06:378 - Double note rhythm seems strange
01:29:794 - Typical example of overall remarque: notes are often superposing each others, very confusing. You could use more space.
02:09:711 - Surprisingly fun to play!
02:25:211 - An example of part where you use a lot of space and it's cool to play.
02:32:461 - Another example of really confusing pattern.
02:31:878 - Why such a speed all of sudden?
Topic Starter
Yamakyu
Again, thanks for your feedback !

Nomeji wrote:

01:06:378 - Double note rhythm seems strange
I've tried something. THIS is how the double notes are originally placed (4 -> 5//6 -> 7//8 -> 9//new combo), maybe it would be better to do THIS instead (4//5 -> 6//7 -> 8//9 -> new combo).

Nomeji wrote:

01:29:794 - Typical example of overall remarque: notes are often superposing each others, very confusing. You could use more space.
Well, it's more or less intended, I generally do this to avoid making too much successive large moves (+ you probably noticed I like to reverse sliders ° 3°~). Now the thing is, if it bother you, it might bother someone else so I'll try to find an alternative or two.

Nomeji wrote:

02:31:878 - Why such a speed all of sudden?
02:32:461 - Another example of really confusing pattern.
Actually that specific combo (which is based on the guitar, instead of the voice) was supposed to be really easy. I wanted to avoid having a break/hole/empty space at this moment so I filled it with determination sliders close to each other.
It's not supposed to be complex so I guess the job might not be done correctly 8)
Topic Starter
Yamakyu
Level hard finished. There are still things to fix/do better, but the overall thing is done.
Next will be the "Hyper"
Topic Starter
Yamakyu
Alright I'm done with the HYPER diff. I might have made it a little too hard, I didn't expect to exceed 4,25 stars >_>
But I still feel like there're a lot of room for a legit Insane one.

Anyway, feel free to provide feedback o/ The more I work on it, the more I want to do my best so it will eventually get approved/ranked è_é
Barodius
Mod in french here !
Topic Starter
Yamakyu
Alright, IRL stuff happened, I have not worked on my beatmap for quite some time, but the good new is : I'm back.

Barodius wrote:

Mod in french here !
Thanks ! I """""translated"""""" it quickly so everybody can read it.

Barodius wrote:

SPOILER
>>> HARD <<<

> Add a note at 00:19:878
--> It's actually an intended "break" to avoid accelerating to fast at the very beginning of the song o/

> 00:27:045 & 00:27:378 -> Delete
--> I replaced with a large reverse slider, it feels better to me, how about you ?

> Use a simple slider at 00:30:045
--> Alright, done o/ It seems better

> Same at 00:31:045
--> I think (?) it's clear enough that this one's purpose is to change the direction of the "flow".

> Same at 00:32:378
--> Done, it works well o/

> Same at 00:36:378
--> Done, not sure if it's good enough tho. I tried not to mess up the spacing of the next part of the song but I might have ended up makin a confusing pattern. I might need feeback for that one I guess ~

> 00:38:378 -> Extend to 00:38:711
--> I won't, I try to avoid as much as much possible using reverse sliders with more than 3 notes since I find them very confusing most of the time. Plus, it would end at a moment of the song which is clearly the beginning of a new part.

> 01:22:044 -> Extend to 01:22:711
--> Pretty much the same problem, I really don't like 3+ notes reverse sliders. Plus I think for a hard diff it's ok to have streams of 5 circles :>

> 01:30:045 -> Delete
--> I replaced it with a simple large slider because I felt like removing it was wrong, like a misplaced break.

> The slider at 01:48:711 should go from 01:48:544 to 01:49:378
--> I tried, but I really really don't like the result sorry :')

> Use a slider from 02:16:711 to 02:17:378
--> I don't like it :(

> The stream at 03:19:378 feels misplaced, sounds bad
--> Probably. I'm not what's the best way to fix that tho. I tried something, tell me if it's better !

> From 03:34:044 to 03:34:711 use a short reverse slider
--> I don't like this one, but I added a 1/4 reverse slider (3 notes) instead

> Same from 03:44:711 to 03:45:378
--> Same

Barodius wrote:

SPOILER
>>>>> HYPER <<<<<

> Add a note at 00:21:878
--> Pretty much the same problem as the one you suggested I add at the beginning of the hard diff ; I originaly didn't put a circle here on purpose, so I don't accelerate too much at the beginning of the song.

> 00:34:544 -> Extend the slider to 00:34:711
--> I tried, but it felt quite strange :|

> 00:38:378 -> Shorten the slider to 1/4 measure
--> Actually when I made this diff I did this first, but it felt wrong so I changed it to a 1/2 and I think it works better this way ?

> 00:47:794 -> Delete
--> Done

> 00:55:878 and 00:56:044 -> Delete, since these circles are not based on the voice
--> While it is true that it might be confusing to have these circles here, not having them also create a huge hole. So I replaced them with a reverse slider. Hopefully it's better !

> The slider at 00:59:378 should go from 00:59:211 to 00:59:711
--> I did that for the 2nd chorus, I like having slightly different patterns for these parts :>

> 01:06:794 and 01:07:128 -> Delete
--> Done. I also added jumps.

> 02:02:044 -> Not necessarily the best choice
--> I knew this pattern would end up with someone not liking it. I don't know if I'll change or not because damn this is so much fun (to me, at least OTL)

> Add a note at 02:09:378 ?
--> It works. I don't know if it's better but it works ~

> 02:43:044 -> Shorten and reverse to make it 3 notes long
--> Nice !

> 03:11:378 -> Maybe try to separate the slider and shorten it.
--> It actually *works*. I won't do it though, I made this slider long on purpose so the player has 1 sec to rest in this chorus (which I mapped without refraining myself :'D)

> 03:50:711 -> Delete
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
*done*
Again, thanks for your suggestions ! Hopefully it's a little better now :)

Anyway, I started working on the Insane diff. It'll probably take quite some time since it will be the first time I map for a higher diff than Hard/Hyper ~
JustPlayinOsu
nice map. but just a bit of work required. Just focusing on Hyper diff here.

read here for mod
00:16:045 (1) - maybe lower the volume here. And personal preference, I think 1/8 slider works better.

00:27:711 (1) - why a combo here? I feel combo should be at 00:28:211 (2) instead. Same applies for all other combos. Try starting it at the downbeat unless u have a reason for it. (or im just a stickler for the traditional style combo)

00:28:045 - maybe use a lower slider speed here.

00:30:211 (1) and (2)- better blanketing

00:43:044 (2,3,4,1,2) - i think circles (2) and (3) should be on top of (1) and (2) in the next combo.

00:44:878 (7,8,9) - better blanketing

00:52:044 (1,2) - better blanketing

01:27:378 (1) - feels abit awkward. If possible map the break from 01:22:711 to 01:27:378.

01:28:044 (1,2) - better blanketing

01:46:711 (1,2) - looks squeezy. Maybe change slider shape of (1)

02:05:711 (2,3,4) - maybe keep distance between sliders consistent?

02:27:378 - maybe use lower slider speed here.

02:28:044 (1,2) - better blanketing

02:33:711 (2,3) - better blanketing

02:43:044 (1,2) - blanketing

02:50:544 (1) - why suddenly such a big slider? maybe change this into shorter sliders/circles is better

03:04:878 (5,6) - blanketing

03:18:544 (1) - how come this is normal hitsound? feels out of place

03:27:044 (2,3) - blanketing

03:34:711 (9) - i feel this note should follow a spinner instead of a break.

welp, that's all i gotta say. good luck!

SPOILER
PS, my guest diff will take me a few days to complete, i'll PM u the dl link when im finished ;D
Topic Starter
Yamakyu
Thanks for your mod ! It helped me fix a lot of stuff

JustPlayinOsu wrote:

read here for mod
00:16:045 (1) - maybe lower the volume here. And personal preference, I think 1/8 slider works better.
-> Fixed the volume issue, and I also did on the other diffs o/ But I didn't felt like changing the slider

00:27:711 (1) - why a combo here? I feel combo should be at 00:28:211 (2) instead. Same applies for all other combos. Try starting it at the downbeat unless u have a reason for it. (or im just a stickler for the traditional style combo)
-> While it may be true that our combo style are different, it is also true that I tend to set my combos on a strange way. The thing is there are a lot of them which start and end depending on the voice (it's the case here (+ it's visually more convenient)).
But there are some of them that may seems strange because I use them to display the "combo follow line" on jumps.
I'll try to fix as much combos as I can, it'll probably take time tho.

00:28:045 - maybe use a lower slider speed here.
-> That part is already slower than the intro, and the slider speed is higher in some parts of the song ; I'm not sure it would be good to have too much differencies in slider speed within the song ?

00:30:211 (1) and (2)- better blanketing
-> It should be better now !

00:43:044 (2,3,4,1,2) - i think circles (2) and (3) should be on top of (1) and (2) in the next combo.
-> Oh well, I did that on purpose first because I hate having non-consecutive circles at the exact same place : I can't see them with my no-approach-circle skin. But I figured nobody plays that way and forgot to fix it. Done !

00:44:878 (7,8,9) - better blanketing
-> Done

00:52:044 (1,2) - better blanketing
-> Fixed

01:27:378 (1) - feels abit awkward. If possible map the break from 01:22:711 to 01:27:378.
-> 01:27:378 (1) : I... tried something. It might be better to just delete that slider. Also I *can* map the break, but is it ok not to have any break to rest after a full minute of playing ?

01:28:044 (1,2) - better blanketing
-> Fixed

01:46:711 (1,2) - looks squeezy. Maybe change slider shape of (1)
-> It should be better now o/

02:05:711 (2,3,4) - maybe keep distance between sliders consistent?
-> I tried something, hopefully it's better

02:27:378 - maybe use lower slider speed here.
-> The same way as 00:28:045, I dont't now if it's okay to slow down too much ?

02:28:044 (1,2) - better blanketing
-> Fixed

02:33:711 (2,3) - better blanketing
-> Fixed

02:43:044 (1,2) - blanketing
-> It should be better o/

02:50:544 (1) - why suddenly such a big slider? maybe change this into shorter sliders/circles is better
-> This one is based on the voice, I made it long to "recover" from the circle jump and the stream. I think it was a difficult pattern ; you could see that long slider as "one-second recovery/break" to make sure the player know what's coming just after this.

03:04:878 (5,6) - blanketing
-> Fixed

03:18:544 (1) - how come this is normal hitsound? feels out of place
-> How come I never fixed that.

03:27:044 (2,3) - blanketing
-> Fixed

03:34:711 (9) - i feel this note should follow a spinner instead of a break.
-> I get your point but wouldn't that be redundant with the end of the song ?
Time to get back to the Insane diff ~
BloodlEyes
my thoughts on extra diff

JustPlayinOsu's Extra

+ timing is good
+ for 5.2* it is easy to pass

- sliders at the beginning are too slow. it's like a hard diff. too boring for extra. I would set the slider speed from the chorus to the beginning and increase slider speed in chorus. so that both slider speeds increase.
- cursor movement is in circles a lot! that just annoys me. one or two rotations right and then the cursors rotates left. I was thinking about to quit. there are too less patterns.
- AR is 8.5. make it at least AR 9. low AR makes the map more slow. and with more slow I mean more boring
- 00:27:374 (7,8,9,10,1,2) - two times I didn't know how to play these. I get 50s. I played them too early I guess
- most parts of the map need more spacing. it is like mixing hard and insane diff. and only a few jumps you can call extra. I wonder how it got 5.2*

In the end I don't like the extra diff. I wanted to write you guys this because I was really annoyed xD but maybe you want to improve the extra diff. I have no mod suggestions because I don't like that diff, sry.
Topic Starter
Yamakyu
Oh wow crap, how come I forgot to actually *answer* your post.

BloodlEyes wrote:

my thoughts on extra diff

JustPlayinOsu's Extra

+ timing is good
+ for 5.2* it is easy to pass

- sliders at the beginning are too slow. it's like a hard diff. too boring for extra. I would set the slider speed from the chorus to the beginning and increase slider speed in chorus. so that both slider speeds increase.
- cursor movement is in circles a lot! that just annoys me. one or two rotations right and then the cursors rotates left. I was thinking about to quit. there are too less patterns.
- AR is 8.5. make it at least AR 9. low AR makes the map more slow. and with more slow I mean more boring
- 00:27:374 (7,8,9,10,1,2) - two times I didn't know how to play these. I get 50s. I played them too early I guess
- most parts of the map need more spacing. it is like mixing hard and insane diff. and only a few jumps you can call extra. I wonder how it got 5.2*

In the end I don't like the extra diff. I wanted to write you guys this because I was really annoyed xD but maybe you want to improve the extra diff. I have no mod suggestions because I don't like that diff, sry.
Well, I already told you in private messages, but thanks a lot for your input. Discussing with you in PMs helped a lot, and now JustPlayinOsu is currently working on it again !

As for the Insane diff, I'm almost done with it so expect an update soon (maybe tonight ?) ! I'll then start the normal diff (and try to not mess it up)
Microcursor
Somebody need to collaborate with you to revive this map :o I mean from what I'd know, most of ''hyper'' and ''insane'' got quite good flow, ''normal'' was a bit short, but hey, someone need to try to revive it :o
Topic Starter
Yamakyu

Tsuntsunbakamon wrote:

Somebody need to collaborate with you to revive this map :o I mean from what I'd know, most of ''hyper'' and ''insane'' got quite good flow, ''normal'' was a bit short, but hey, someone need to try to revive it :o
I'm glad you like it, and actuallly I kinda want to come back to it someday. However time is somewhat lacking (also I started playing Overwatch aaaaand damn I love it), and I still can't figure how I'm supposed to make Easy/Normal diffs. Even the Hard one feels somewhat off and would need a big rework I think.

But yeah, at some point I want to revive it and try to not leave it unfinished again :v
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.