forum

mouse user having issues with spinners

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ayane X
yoooo, basically i'm a belgian guy with not that much experience in this game but i dont realy mind that fact.
i'm a mouse user first off all and i'm having big issues doing controlled spinners. What i mean with this is that first my mouse doesnt stay in the middle but SHAZAAM's all over the place and afterwards i have no clue where it is costing me another try.

If someone has some tips for me that would be realy brilliant.

Thanks alot and cheers from belgium
Sadly Yours
I'm a mouse user as well, when I first started playing osu! I had the same exact problem, but its easy to control your hand so you don't spin so crazily. Because I draw I'm used to drawing circles, just pretend your having a circle drawing contest against time and move like that.

Hope that helped.
Hiyorin
Umm, is your mouse pointer precision helper thingy on? I think thats the reason why it goes shazoom across the screen for no reason while your spinning, cause it used to happen to me too before I turned it off
mm201
Start slow and work your way back up. Fast spinning is all about the elbow.
Riik_old
I'm not so good with spinners, either, but I have a couple of ways I deal with it...

one way is to stop spinning before the spinner disappears, but after you've got a pass, so you can reposition your mouse cursor and move it to the next hit circle early...

another way is to pause the game after the spinner. After pressing the continue button, you can see the playfield whilst paused, letting you get ready to continue.
Hiyorin

Riik wrote:

another way is to pause the game after the spinner. After pressing the continue button, you can see the playfield whilst paused, letting you get ready to continue.
lol'd

not saying its a bad idea or anything I just never thought of something that clever LOL

ot: When I spin I seem to lock my wrist and elbow in place and move my whole arm LOLOL my elbow is going in circles on my armrest
ShaggoN
Maybe you're just using most shitty windows mouse function: "Precision mode" :|
RudOy
i have same problem, and its not because precious mode... to move cursor from left to right side of screen i need to move mouse just 2.5 sm... im playin on that high speed and its hard for me to do small spins around center, so on spinners i just move whole arm because its easier to use biceps for that...
how to solve - u can stop in moment before end of spinner to find ur mouse, or always end ur spinning in some corner of screen (bottom left or w/e)
those
Learn where your cursor is moving while you spin smaller and smaller circles, and adjust.
triforcebih
It is the mouse. Mice with shitty sensors tend to go crazy when you move them too fast.

Well all mice go crazy but the cheaper one's got a lower limit. My mouse will go crazy if I move it at 1,5M/s ( which is impossibble for a human to achieve). So far that speed has been only achieved via a spinning machine lol
mycyber

ShaggoN wrote:

Maybe you're just using most shitty windows mouse function: "Precision mode" :|
this 8-)
pedrodlt
s
Filthy Casual
nice bump

Filthy Casual wrote:

just use a mouse with ridiculously high sensitivity and spin out of control then miss the next note after the spinner, seemed to work for me when I used mouse
Foxeh-
Im left-handed, so it feels really weird doing it xD
deletemyaccount
Timestamps...
Nub1
boom
E m i

Ayane X wrote:

SHAZAAM's

FruitTingles wrote:

mouse pointer precision helper thingy

FruitTingles wrote:

it goes shazoom across the screen for no reason while your spinning

RudOy wrote:

precious mode
this thread has potential
RivenDaddy
I never have issues when i spin with my mouse :P
nrl
good job
AnaxAvp
ffs i changed all my mouse settings now its all fucked up all bcuz of stupid Spinnres .-. Gawd damnit
Angel-Nyan
One tip: I would give when I used to play with mouse If your trying to spin to far out try to off-set your hand and aim more towards the center cause you can't lose your cursor this way. Also don't adjust your mouse settings just for spinners just find where you start and end on your mousepad and try to fix that.
Therieri
What would be good spinner training map? (For mouse)
Saphirshroom

Therieri wrote:

A map that has spinners in it (read: any.) or none at all.
Seriously, can people think for themselves?
dung eater

Therieri wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/7960 ez ht
show more