forum

Mili - world.execute(me);

posted
Total Posts
show more
Cerulean Veyron
Hello! From queue

[- - General - -]
  • - Kiai times are okay being different between GDs and your diffs. But apparently, you own diffs has inconsistency on that which should probably be compatible.
    - Nicely done here!

[- - mapset.easy(Exile-); - -]
  1. 01:36:242 (1) - Speaking about slider aesthetics, I may think you could possible still try polishing this one as like any other long sliders you've made on some tracks. You could add a few anchoring slider points for curves, and place somewhere in some coordinates. For example, this. You can try different than what I did on you own way. I don't really mind a lot as long as it counts to this.
  2. 01:44:549 (2) - For tweaking a bit of structure, I kinda prefer flipping this by Ctrl + J and space it back. It might give a smoother cursor flowing towards slider (3)'s head which improves playability.
  3. 01:47:318 (5,6,7,2) - These are some awkward tiny overlaps until between the sliders' borders, especially (7) and (2). You might need to redo some placements in order to avoid covering visibility in the easiest diff on the set.
  4. 01:55:165 (1,2) - I would recommend changing the patterning on this part, just not to repeat more repetitive structure that's already been done previously on 01:51:472 (2,3) - . Just a personal opinion.
  5. 01:57:011 (3,4,5) - I presume this is the only part that has a three-circle rhythm on timeline, and never seen similar on any other parts though. To keep this diff more friendly and consistent, try using another kind of rhythm. Like 1/1 slider circle, or vise versa.

[- - mapset.normal(6th); - -]
  1. - Pretty good diff! ... until those overdone straight sliders showed up on kiais, which looked too solid and unvaried that isn't having so much interest though. At least some tracks were okay.
  2. - Found many unnecessary inherited points throughout the diff, mostly on the break times. You might really need to delete them. After that you're good to go.

[- - mapset.hard(Alphabet); - -]
  1. 00:19:395 (2,3,4) - The jump density here is quite too big than others on 00:21:934 (4,1) - or 00:23:780 (4,1) - . Which THEY supposed to have bigger jumps than this one. But the current one, based on song track density, isn't as intense as the other stronger downbeats. I might suggest redoing this part for once.
  2. 00:21:703 (3,4) - Well, just because you want to buff up the star rating as for the hard difficulty doesn't mean creating more complicating 1/4 jumps not as similar as the triplets you did. As for this slider kick jump, this just spiked up the note density abnormally even if it's some SV change by 0.05x. I recommend not to do these kind of complex patterning on Hard diffs just to buff up star rating.
  3. 00:44:318 (4,1) - Other than increasing spacing on small dense jumps, and since this downbeat is pretty much a highlight beat, I guess spacing this out would be more greater in proficient of following the song's density which will emphasize in many ways.
  4. 01:04:626 (6,1,2) - Aaaannndd you've kinda... randomly spaced these notes out of nowhere. Going around and over 1.3x and 1.6x on every occasion without being deeply looked through on this pattern. I may prefer balancing the distance spacing here while the song sounds pretty much in equal audibility and dense. It's a little okay in my point of view, just talking out my personal opinion.
  5. 01:37:395 (1) - Whoa, some random new combo appeared out of nowhere. I don't really know why... However, I'm assuming it's for some track on the music like vocals or whatsoever. But I'm guess it doesn't really sound suitable for one on this part in my honest opinion. I recommend removing it.
  6. 01:47:318 (1,2,3,4) - I probably want an explanation of this sudden distance-spacing reduction overtime. I don't feel right about it in some way though, especially when it's been done on a hard diff. Probably my first encounter tbh...
  7. 02:24:242 (1) - I don't really think this sudden drum whistle hitsound sounds up during the keysoundings. Either this might be a mistake of course~ Maybe remove it.

This should be enough for me, I can't stand out of it xD
Good Luck anyways~
Pinguino

Exile- wrote:

Thanks!

Edit: Unfortunately your mp3 has a bad offset :/
How can an mp3 have a bad offset? like I get the map having bad offset because i suck at timing if you were trying to say that you would have to switch the offset of your map to add it then yeah you are probably right I would still take the effort and change it for the higher quality audio, why have it low when you can bump the fidelity but maybe that is just my preference.

http://puu.sh/rNkFb.mp3

320kbps version for you to compress and add.
Topic Starter
Exile-

Cerulean Veyron wrote:

Hello! From queue

[- - General - -]
  • - Kiai times are okay being different between GDs and your diffs. But apparently, you own diffs has inconsistency on that which should probably be compatible.
    - Nicely done here!

[- - mapset.easy(Exile-); - -]
  1. 01:36:242 (1) - Speaking about slider aesthetics, I may think you could possible still try polishing this one as like any other long sliders you've made on some tracks. You could add a few anchoring slider points for curves, and place somewhere in some coordinates. For example, this. You can try different than what I did on you own way. I don't really mind a lot as long as it counts to this.
  2. 01:44:549 (2) - For tweaking a bit of structure, I kinda prefer flipping this by Ctrl + J and space it back. It might give a smoother cursor flowing towards slider (3)'s head which improves playability.
  3. 01:47:318 (5,6,7,2) - These are some awkward tiny overlaps until between the sliders' borders, especially (7) and (2). You might need to redo some placements in order to avoid covering visibility in the easiest diff on the set.
    http://puu.sh/rNlls/aea34790cf.jpg, slider no. 7 is gone before slider no. 2 could even load so what the problem?
  4. 01:55:165 (1,2) - I would recommend changing the patterning on this part, just not to repeat more repetitive structure that's already been done previously on 01:51:472 (2,3) - . Just a personal opinion.
    I want to repeat this as long as the vocal is repetitive
  5. 01:57:011 (3,4,5) - I presume this is the only part that has a three-circle rhythm on timeline, and never seen similar on any other parts though. To keep this diff more friendly and consistent, try using another kind of rhythm. Like 1/1 slider circle, or vise versa.
    But it fits to the vocal

This should be enough for me, I can't stand out of it xD Your suffering came to an end
Good Luck anyways~
Not mentioned = fixed;
Thanks;

Pinguino wrote:

Exile- wrote:

Thanks!

Edit: Unfortunately your mp3 has a bad offset :/
How can an mp3 have a bad offset? like I get the map having bad offset because i suck at timing if you were trying to say that you would have to switch the offset of your map to add it then yeah you are probably right I would still take the effort and change it for the higher quality audio, why have it low when you can bump the fidelity but maybe that is just my preference.

http://puu.sh/rNkFb.mp3

320kbps version for you to compress and add.
I mean that the offset of your mp3 is not the same as the offset of my current mp3. I don't want to change the offset of the map since its too late.
-kevincela-
This is definitely your best sb, it's really really outstanding. Love it <3
Secretpipe
Outstanding! That's the word!

I really like the song also o:
sahuang

-kevincela- wrote:

This is definitely your best sb, it's really really outstanding. Love it <3
10/10 sb
Okoratu
can you add hitnormals to your keysounds
Kyubey
Yes! This is what I was talking about, not just making particles effects but giving the storyboard an idea, to make it fitting the track!

Good job, Exile-, I'm glad you tried storyboarding in this way.
Topic Starter
Exile-

Okorin wrote:

can you add hitnormals to your keysounds
And what's the purpose?

Kyubey wrote:

Yes! This is what I was talking about, not just making particles effects but giving the storyboard an idea, to make it fitting the track!
You didn't say anything like that.
Ephemeral
Absolutely superb storyboard. We'll be in touch.
Okoratu
so that you have audio feedback in case you hit correctly? you won't hear much if you hit correctly with keysounds
Topic Starter
Exile-

Okorin wrote:

so that you have audio feedback in case you hit correctly? you won't hear much if you hit correctly with keysounds
Okay... but I'm not sure how to do that. got it
Kyubey

Exile- wrote:

You didn't say anything like that.
It was on Reddit few weeks ago.
Shurelia
Amazing storyboard.

Keep up your great works.
Topic Starter
Exile-
Alphabet just remapped his diff.
DeletedUser_4329079
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ESx_hy1n7HA/maxresdefault.jpg

in case you want to use a 1080p bg you can downscale that pic

amazing sb
Topic Starter
Exile-

Default wrote:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ESx_hy1n7HA/maxresdefault.jpg

in case you want to use a 1080p bg you can downscale that pic

amazing sb
Thanks, replaced.
DeletedUser_4329079
it seems like the old file is still being used since I redl'ed and it was 1366x768
Topic Starter
Exile-

Default wrote:

it seems like the old file is still being used since I redl'ed and it was 1366x768
I downscaled it to 1366x768
DeletedUser_4329079
1920x1080 backgrounds are allowed now though, no reason to do that

Topic Starter
Exile-

Default wrote:

Beatmap file would exceed 30 mb if I change that
ReFaller
GZ TYTUŁU XD

Kiedyś ci pisałem że zostaniesz Elite Storyboarderem i sie stało, absolutnie zasłużone.
Takiego SB jak ty to nikt w osu nie robi.
Venix
Propsy za najlepszy storyboard jaki widziałem
marcuddles
I've never seen something so fantastic. I'm glad you let me look at this storyboard when it still was at the beginning. Congratulations for your Elite Storyboarder rank, Exille!

P.S: I'll remap my special soon :^ Amazing storyboard wants amazing special.
Topic Starter
Exile-
Can someone rank it now, please?
Akiyama Mizuki
01:38 - loominarty confirmed 2spooky!!
Sotarks
Bubbled!~
marcuddles
Qualified~

o shit 200 messages
Topic Starter
Exile-
Hype!
Zerss

Default wrote:

Exile- can do whatever he wants. If he thinks 768p is a reasonable quality, he totally has the right to keep that. Full HD pictures are allowed, this means he's not forced to have thoses.
DeletedUser_4329079
chill out, I am just tired of seeing blurry backgrounds everywhere

who needs a background when you have a storyboard like this though, grats for the qualification
Zerss

Default wrote:

chill out, I am just tired of seeing blurry backgrounds everywhere

who needs a background when you have a storyboard like this though, grats for the qualification
Don't worry, I'm calm haha, I didn't wanted to upset somebody, sorry if I did.

What I mean is that it might be better to use 768p pictures. We could have used 1080p pictures back then simply by cutting the picture by two. That would be totally right since we have two pictures that's less than 768p, the thing it that, it gives much more problems, for instance, file sizes.
I guess Exile- did that storyboard (otherwise he's fast at storyboarding haha) before the rule was putted into place, and converting everything into 1080p is harder than you think. It's not "just find the new picture", you need to translate everything from your code, since the size won't be the same. Keeping these pictures into 768p isn't forbidden and that's not a bad choice afterall since 768p is a good combination for quality and filesize (the map is +29MB and the limit is 30).

But don't worry, new storyboards might be 1080p now :)
Topic Starter
Exile-
Nice explanation, Zerss!
DeletedUser_4329079
I just wanted the background to be 1080p (maxresdefault (1).jpg in the map folder), not the storyboard though. It seems like that'd be enough to break the filesize limit considering how close it is atm, so rip dreams

Edit: unless changing the background resolution fucks up the storyboard aswell, I didn't think about that, I thought they were independent of each other
Edit 2: well it seems like they aren't and the mapset is just a bit bigger after changing it. That, or I am blind and stupid which may be the case.

I am probably making a big deal over a small thing and the map is already qualified anyway.
Zerss
Is the map qualified? Welp, weird, it doesn't seem to me.

At some point, I thought you were talking about the storyboard since Exile- did answered to this message so I thought he did the change, but after checking, he didn't (just redownloaded). I don't know if he just haven't done the change or it was changed during upload automatically -which is really nice, remembering the fact that full HD is now tolerated-.
Actually, changing the BG won't broke the storyboard since it does not appear in it, it's just fade out so nothing needs any changes and the map is actually 29,3MB non-compressed by the osz (which is basically a .zip file).

Exile-, if you changed the background by drag'n'drop, that won't work. I remember I tried to do so, osu! changed it directly to 768p. You need to do that by changing manually the background file.

And, sorry for not understanding exactly that it was about the storyboard. I was mostly thinking you told about them since elements from the storyboard is mostly resized to a smaller scale so it is not as blurry as background.

EDIT: OKAY, HOW DID I MISSED THE NEXT TWO MESSAGES? LOL (sorry) Yeah, I guess you can resize it to Full HD since it's not that much. I tried to do so and the file got <1MB (compared to the 768p one that was +1MB, compression stuff). You can ask me for the other one, since it's less in space and more quality. Keeping that is okay tho.
Topic Starter
Exile-
Dunno how I calculated it.
And the first time I scaled down to 768 because I though that this background had better quality.

Updated
DeletedUser_4329079
Idk i just had in mind it was qualified, my bad lmao
Zerss
Don't use 100% quality JPEGs haha, 95s does have almost the exact same quality (it doesn't make any visually changes anyway) and it becomes <1MB. Use this one instead haha.
marcuddles

Default wrote:

Idk i just had in mind it was qualified, my bad lmao
https://mark101.s-ul.eu/wNRdNEAw

You have been memed.
Topic Starter
Exile-

Zerss wrote:

Don't use 100% quality JPEGs haha, 95s does have almost the exact same quality (it doesn't make any visually changes anyway) and it becomes <1MB. Use this one instead haha.
But its under 30mb so there's no problem
show more