forum

[Archived] Just Lost A Ton Of PP, Anyone Know Why?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Soul Stealer
Problem Details:
I had JUST beaten the second difficulty for Triumph and Regret, having S'd both of them. After I was done being surprised and happy as crap, I looked at the website to see how much PP I got. 500. Which is crazy, for two diffs of one map. Soon after, I noted I didn't move up yet. I knew connection can be slow to the osu! servers even though I have good connection. I beat the harder difficulty once more to see if it's just... doing something? I move up ten people. TEN PEOPLE? Which makes no sense. Obviously, since I had earned 500+ PP. Can anyone help me?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
I don't have one. I only noticed this afterward.

osu! version: 20160616cuttingedge
Niko-nyan
500 pp
weighted 100% (335pp)
weighted 60% (101pp)

i just gonna say that the current argument from this is quite invalid because it has calculation for perfomance point (check the weighted, not the big ammount)

hope this is helping :)
Topic Starter
Soul Stealer

Niko-nyan wrote:

500 pp
weighted 100% (335pp)
weighted 60% (101pp)

i just gonna say that the current argument from this is quite invalid because it has calculation for perfomance point (check the weighted, not the big ammount)

hope this is helping :)
It's not. I didn't mean "oh wow this game's mech is crap because PP didn't move me up much". It's still more than 400 PP. 400 PP doesn't move you up 10 people.

440 PP compared to 500PP, it's the same fucking argument. My argument isn't 'I lost 500 PP', it's "I lost PP and I don't know why'.

That's like saying that Cookiezi isn't good because he doesn't do any easy maps. Sure, he doesn't, but IS THERE REALLY A FUCKING DIFFERENCE.

It's insane how stupid this community thinks I am.
Dntm8kmeeatu
Do not disrespect people trying to help.

You honestly probably did move more than 10 people, maybe you didn't notice it, maybe the game didn't display it properly. You did get your PP though so it doesn't matter. Rank is tied to PP and your rank is normal compared to people around the same PP count so there is nothing wrong.

You never "Lost PP".
Topic Starter
Soul Stealer

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Do not disrespect people trying to help.

You honestly probably did move more than 10 people, maybe you didn't notice it, maybe the game didn't display it properly. You did get your PP though so it doesn't matter. Rank is tied to PP and your rank is normal compared to people around the same PP count so there is nothing wrong.

You never "Lost PP".

Did I literally LOSE PP? Obviously, no. The game did not simply display it properly, and no, I actually didn't get it, as it never actually added to my total PP. I checked constantly every time I could, so I know I never moved up.

And, having the amount of experience with this community, the first thing I think in response to what he said to try and "help"- which was completely unrelated due to the Issue, Thread, and Help section (Because it's called the HELP section) - definitely isn't "He's just trying to help." If you look at it from an unbiased look, you see it has literally nothing to do with helping rather than pointing out something beside the problem itself.

This is what I mean about the community. Because this is a constant issue in this community for me, and has been, since day one. When it was lying about maps, telling me how to play when - hello, I know how to do the game enough to be on it right now - and everything since, well, it's been obvious that the only help I'm going to get is from people who know what they're talking about. Specifically those people in the Help Section, since they actually know how to help, as in HELP, as in the HELP SECTION, and actually try to.

Shit in, shit out, and now we're here. Do you see what I mean? Probably not. I came here for help, not instructions on how to think the obvious. Being in the Help section means you need help beyond what you can do, not that you need to waste your time, which is the opposite of what this is FOR. If you couldn't tell.

If you have any more to say, I think you'd rather not bother. Because my opinion is going to stay unchanged on this one.
Lacrimosa
Alright, calm down. People here are trying their best to help.

Anyway, is this the period where you gained 500+pp? https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/JU5XxSM.gifv
According to your post's date, it seems like it. So as you can see, you gained a bunch of ranks.
Bara-
You are typing you lost pp (refer to the title), then people say you never lost them. They explained the activity of the ranking system, which is what causes the favt that your rank might not go up that much. Then you start complaining that you "obviously" did not lose pp. That makes little to no sense, so please just stay calm (and don't contradict yourself).

As for the issue, pp doesn't always immediately get added. It happens quite often, that the score submits, but your total pp doesn't increase. The plays do get added to the "Top Ranks" part on your profile, however, the total pp doesn't update. If that happens (and if it ever happens again), you should just submit a few scores so the pp will recalculate. Seeing Nikosbks' post, I believe it's fixed for now, but for future references, you now know what to do :P
notlucid
I played 1 song and I went from 1011PP to 990lmao
McBob49
Have you been doing any steroids?