forum

Shaky cursor

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Vinsent
TL:DR Hand is shaky as hell, any tips?
So recently I took a break from osu for like a month and a half, in this time I played mania. Progressed pretty fast and had quite a bit of fun, but after a while
it was time to get back to osu!standard. In this break I also upgraded my pc to windows10, and completely wiped my pc (had alot of malware I suspected, and alot of stuff I didn't want on my pc anymore, so seemed like a good idea.)

When I went back to osu I noticed my cursor and game seemed really off, so I suspected it was graphics/tablet settings that put my aim/timing off. I fixed my tablet through Happystick's youtube video by using FixMyPen and the correct tablet driver. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWFIbap_h4s for people interested) This seemed to help ALOT and my problem was pretty much fixed.

After I got back to my old self skillwise, I noticed another problem. When songs started getting hard or intense my hand would start shaking very hard. It's very noticable if you'd watch me play.

Now my question is, if anybody has a tip to keep your hand relaxed or whatever, anything. People that had the problem and fixed it, or just people that have knowledge on this topic. I know it's kinda vague but I really want to fix this, because it's preventing me from playing at my best. Thanks in advance!
Bauxe
You're shaky because of the driver you're using.

And there is no correct driver. Fuck off with that shit. < 20% of top players use it.
StephOsu
the only true answer is yet again, play more
Lagel
I tried the drivers out and wasn't too impressed, you can either change drivers or just keep powering through and see how that'll go, but try to not shake as much as possible otherwise you'll only get worse
Topic Starter
Vinsent

StephOsu wrote:

Did you only read tldr? That might explain why you think this. I've got triple the gametime you have and I didn't have this in the first 1100hours of my play.
So I dunno mate. Seems like a stupid statement to me
Topic Starter
Vinsent

Bauxe wrote:

You're shaky because of the driver you're using.

And there is no correct driver. Fuck off with that shit. < 20% of top players use it.
I'm not shaky because of my driver, I literally feel my hand shake. And I've played on a friends setup which he has no issues with -> shaky.
I have 100% come to the conclusion it's my hand and not driver. Also, explain the sudden improvement on cursor movement when I changed the driver. I also had this driver before I wiped my pc.
Don't try to be such a smartass when you're not, holy shit.
Topic Starter
Vinsent

Lagel wrote:

I tried the drivers out and wasn't too impressed, you can either change drivers or just keep powering through and see how that'll go, but try to not shake as much as possible otherwise you'll only get worse
Well, if I could I'd never shake rofl, it's HOW that I'm trying to figure out. Good point that it'll get worse if I don't fix it though.
Deva
Just switch to dragging. Or just use bigger cursor with trail to mask the shaking, it wont go away tho.
Kayy
Yeah, I have the same thing. Just play and eventually you won't notice it anymore. :p
StephOsu

Vinsent wrote:

StephOsu wrote:

Did you only read tldr? That might explain why you think this. I've got triple the gametime you have and I didn't have this in the first 1100hours of my play.
So I dunno mate. Seems like a stupid statement to me
TRIGGERED
If you want the details of how I come up with this answer, fine.
You took a break for a month and did some stuffs on the hardware. After that, you came back and you face this problem. You got nervous, you starts to look for solution
You went to HappyStick's video and you tried his tips to do it, it worked for most part, except that FixMyPen totally removes input lag which is the first cause of how your cursor is shaky since your tablet without input lag is way more reacting which is way more vulnerable to shaking than it already is.

BUT, that's not the problem so far because you stated this

Vinsent wrote:

After I got back to my old self skillwise, I noticed another problem. When songs started getting hard or intense my hand would start shaking very hard. It's very noticable if you'd watch me play.
THIS, is caused by being nervous during the game. Since you only experience this only after the songs gets hard, FixMyPen isn't the main cause of that. Let me bring a quote posted by one of the top player last week from here so you don't have to bullshit on me having lesser gametime than you

CXu wrote:

Play through the map a few times and get a feel for how the ending feels like to play when you're nervous, as well as when you're not nervous. Then try to force yourself into the not-nervous state. It's easier to do it when you know how it should feel like beforehand by giving the part you get nervous on a few tries without nerves. Also, playing the "hard" part while being nervous will make you slightly better at playing with nerves, so if you then combine the two (trying to not be nervous and being able to play with some nerves) it's going to make it easier to get through without missing.

Nerves are most likely going to be a factor no matter how much you try to make it not a factor since everyone will, at some point, be on the course to set a score they're proud of, so I'd say it's better to just learn how to deal with nerves/play with nerves.
what he said basically sums up as "suck it up and deal with it"
and the only fucking way to fucking deal with it is to play the fuck more
if you are here to fucking deny the helpful answer and look for words you are looking for, then get the fuck out of here

Vinsent wrote:

Don't try to be such a smartass when you're not, holy shit.
Topic Starter
Vinsent

Vinsent wrote:

what he said basically sums up as "suck it up and deal with it"
and the only fucking way to fucking deal with it is to play the fuck more
if you are here to fucking deny the helpful answer and look for words you are looking for, then get the fuck out of here
[/quote]
I'm denying the "helpfull" answer because I know for a fact it's wrong. I've been playing this game for 3 years, 1100 hours. Don't you think that after all this time, I only have this problem just now, it's not just playing more? I'm intelligent enough to see that playing alot in this game is the core to getting better. But when your hand suddenly starts shaking after 1.1k hours, I don't think the problem is playtime. But yea, forum warriors don't see this I guess. Don't go for the obvious answer all the time, use your fucking brain for once.
StephOsu

Vinsent wrote:

So recently I took a break from osu for like a month and a half, in this time I played mania. Progressed pretty fast and had quite a bit of fun, but after a while

Vinsent wrote:

use your fucking brain for once.
dung eater
https://www.google.fi/search?q=shaking+hands+tremor

hands shaking when trying to do precise and fast motions

if you are worried (i'd be if it bothers you and persists/gets worse), you should see a doctor

Shaky hands is commonly referred to as a hand tremor. A hand tremor is not life threatening, but it can be embarrassing or make daily tasks difficult. It can also be an early warning sign of some neurological and degenerative conditions. You should speak with your doctor if you experience hand tremors. http://www.healthline.com/health/treating-shaking-hands

Most tremors occur in the hands. In some people, tremor is a symptom of a neurological disorder or appears as a side effect of certain drugs. The most common form of tremor, however, occurs in otherwise largely healthy people. Although tremor is not life-threatening, it can be embarrassing to some people and make it harder to perform daily tasks. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/tremor/detail_tremor.htm
Myke B
I know exactly what you're talking about. I think the best way is to remind yourself, while playing a song, to breathe. Kinda like lifting or anything else intense - when you focus that hard on something, you tend to forget to breathe sometimes.