forum

[invalid] Can we have a big reminder pop up when you play NoFail?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Takyon
Because lots of people have no-fail on, then make a play for a lot of pp that they'd have lots of trouble re-doing, only to lose so much PP from having a mod on which affects nothing, but reduces PP and Score.
Some people have proposed that playing no-fail and having it so if you don't fail will get you just as much pp, which I think is not a good idea, as it kind of defeats the purpose of no-fail. Instead, I think that having some reminder at the start of a beatmap telling you that you're using no-fail is a good idea, just like when a beatmap is qualified and it says "QUALIFIED BEATMAP, NO PP GIVEN" or whatever it says. This way, you likely will not forget that you have no-fail on, and lose PP. I also am aware that the mod icon shows up at the start when you use no-fail, or any mod for that matter, but let's be honest, that goes unnoticed so easily.
I just don't want anymore people to fall victim to un-noticed no-fail anymore :(
Also, maybe have it disable-able incase some people don't want a popup like that at the start of maps.
Seijiro
I wouldn't like to sound harsh, but if you don't notice it it's your fault only.
You already have the icon in game and the semi-transparent name of the mods during song selections. If you want to add the "qualified-like sign" for a mod you'd have to put it for all mods.
What if you play more mods at once? It would become a mess: "You're currently playing Easy-Double Time-Hidden-NoFail. Be careful you will not be awarded with the full amount of pp due to NoFail being enabled" - lol.

Anyway, back on track. I don't see any particular need to make mods more noticeable than they already are. As I said, if you don't see it it's your fault, but there are plenty of reminders for you already.
Topic Starter
Takyon

MrSergio wrote:

I wouldn't like to sound harsh, but if you don't notice it it's your fault only.
You already have the icon in game and the semi-transparent name of the mods during song selections. If you want to add the "qualified-like sign" for a mod you'd have to put it for all mods.
What if you play more mods at once? It would become a mess: "You're currently playing Easy-Double Time-Hidden-NoFail. Be careful you will not be awarded with the full amount of pp due to NoFail being enabled" - lol.

Anyway, back on track. I don't see any particular need to make mods more noticeable than they already are. As I said, if you don't see it it's your fault, but there are plenty of reminders for you already.
Heres the thing: With any mod, its so obvious to tell you have it on, Hard Rock, AR 10 and small circles, Hidden, invisible circles, DT, fast as hell, HT, slow as hell, you can tell.

However, with No-Fail, you can't tell unless you die, so thats why there should be more of a reminder. Do you understand now how NF differentiates from other mods in this circumstance?
Endaris
Maybe also add a warning if you play a song that doesn't give pp or has its parameters cross sum being a multiple of 13 so you don't cast the misfortune upon yourself without even knowing.
MrSergio already said everything you can say about it: There is a sufficient amount of visual representation for NF-mod being active. More will just be annoying whenever you actually WANT to play with NF and don't give a fuck about whatever.
Bara-
Pause, Open a chat, type /np and you'll see
Do this to someone like Tillerino so it won't be seen as spam :P
Topic Starter
Takyon

Endaris wrote:

Maybe also add a warning if you play a song that doesn't give pp or has its parameters cross sum being a multiple of 13 so you don't cast the misfortune upon yourself without even knowing.
MrSergio already said everything you can say about it: There is a sufficient amount of visual representation for NF-mod being active. More will just be annoying whenever you actually WANT to play with NF and don't give a fuck about whatever.
I said in the post that it could be disable-able.

I just thought maybe having an option "Remind me when I'm playing X Mod" would be useful to some people, and I don't see how it's harmful at all.
Endaris
It's nonsense to clutter the options with thousands of options that only exist to make sure that even the last idiot notices what's going on.
Options should provide choices for stuff that is actually meaningful, not a jungle of nonsense that is meant to prevent tragedies that would happen regardless whether that option exists or not.
Topic Starter
Takyon

Endaris wrote:

It's nonsense to clutter the options with thousands of options that only exist to make sure that even the last idiot notices what's going on.
Options should provide choices for stuff that is actually meaningful, not a jungle of nonsense that is meant to prevent tragedies that would happen regardless whether that option exists or not.
Fair enough. It's a shame though, because I always forget I have nofail on, and while I've never lost a play to it, one day I'm sure it will happen. So this would help me a lot, but the options shouldn't be cluttered so I agree there.
Endaris
You could make it your personal routine to press F1, 1, 2 after every play you do so you don't leave it toggled on.
Stefan
It could be shown in the break times though. Else, just check twice and be more careful.