forum

[resolved] [confirmed] Issues with medals (achievements)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
VeilStar
Ankanogradiel
I kinda noticed those too.
Question.
When they get fixed will the medals be "restarted"?
Bubbler
Assuming further discussions are to be posted here (sorry if I'm wrong), here are some more observations related to FC achievements.

I installed osuplus on my Chrome a couple of days ago, and it showed some interesting statistics:

Standard:

Perfect = Max combo. Just fine here. (Btw, the FC mark added by osuplus is the Perfect mark in-game)

Taiko:

Max combo is null even though no miss = max possible combo in this mode.
Also, Perfect mark is not available on many maps (for now).

Catch:

As in Standard, Perfect = Max combo, but this mode also has No miss = Perfect.
(Btw I have no idea what happened to Magi)

Mania:

Max combo is null as expected, since different no-bad/miss plays can result in different total combos.

--

So I guess the current implementation of gold (FC) medals is using the max-combo stat, which simply does not exist in Taiko and Mania.
The fix for Taiko should be straightforward (simply take the total number of circles as max-combo), but the problem is more serious for Mania.

IMO, one intuitive solution would be to count the "number of breaks" in each play so that any zero-break play gives the FC medal. A break can be defined as any event that resets combo to zero. I guess this is more intuitive to both Std and Mania players (and of course Taiko and Catch), considering how they think what FC is, and less stressful to them (the medals become a bit easier, but still very challenging in higher star levels). It shouldn't be too hard to implement.

Of course, making LNs to always produce the same number of combos (as in Mania's ScoreV2) is also an option, but this brings another problem of how to treat the scores that were recorded before the new system is applied.

Edit:

Ankanogradiel wrote:

Fixing "No medal with some mods enabled" -> No problem with the players who already got the medals
Fixing "No FC medals" -> No problem since no players got them anyway
Fixing the star ratings -> It is likely that the Mania medals will be wiped, because "incorrect star rating" = "incorrect medals awarded"
Ankanogradiel
yeah that's what I meant. personally I don't think they'll be wiped though since the difference between star rating in-game and on the web is small.
also I noticed that the error didn't involve people getting an achievement from a lower star map (ex 6* pass from a 5.9* in game). I believe it will be limited to the client being updated to have the same difficulty calculation method as the one on the web. even if it's done the other way arround I dont see much of a reason for the pass medals to be reset.
Topic Starter
VeilStar

Ankanogradiel wrote:

Medals won't be reset, no.

I don't think people that didn't get certain medals while they should have gotten them will get them once a fix is pushed though. They'll likely have to achieve a new score to get the medal. (It's possible that I'm wrong here, so don't take my word for it.)

Bubbler wrote:

Fixing the star ratings -> It is likely that the Mania medals will be wiped, because "incorrect star rating" = "incorrect medals awarded"
The medals seem to be awarded based on the star rating visible on the web, which seems to be lower than the one in the client. If this is the case I don't think they'll be wiped given that no one got a medal when they shouldn't have.

Bubbler wrote:

<posts>
Posting in either this thread or the other ones is fine, but posting in this one is preferred.
Thanks for the investigation there.
Bubbler
Nice to see that Mania FC medals work!

...but when will Taiko FC be fixed? :(

Edit:

When I was going for Mania FCs, I accidentally broke combo on a LN and made a 100 (not sure) on it, but still got the *4 FC medal.
Screenshot

Sorry, I skipped the medal screenshot...

I mispressed the LN on line 1 right after this point.

The update makes things more forgiving overall, but I assume this is "incorrect" given the meaning of FC.
Sleepteiner

Bubbler wrote:

Nice to see that Mania FC medals work!

...but when will Taiko FC be fixed? :(
I was just about to post about this. I can confirm that the osu!mania FC achievements are now working and that the Taiko ones are still not.
Bubbler

That was fast :D
Scarlet Evans
I noticed yesterday that I have only first two gold medals in standard, but as there is already a thread about it, I will only confirm that and mention yesterday's example of my FCs'. There was more, as I practically always play on HD, so I hope you will fix awarding them in future :)

(1) Kajiura Yuki - Sis puella magica![Hard] +HD,DT : 3.05* without mods, 4.21* with mods;

(2) IOSYS - Cirno no Perfect Sansuu Kyoushitsu [Hard] +HD,HR : below 3* without mods, 3.18* with mods.
Bubbler
Here goes another evidence of HD not giving medals on Std.
I'm also a HD-only player on Std (there are many others out there AFAIK), so I also want this to be fixed soon.

I passed Airman (7.03*) today for the first time, which was the first time to pass any 7*.
...and (as you expected) there was no medal awarded, so I practiced nomod, memorized some patterns and finally passed it again.
And I got the medal.

The point is, having to make extra effort on an already passed map to get a certain medal is a complete nonsense.

Btw, if I remember correctly, when I got the 6* pass medal (it was the time "difficulty increase mods are available" first appeared on the changelog), I played Highscore [Extra] +HD to get it. Maybe some other updates in-between broke the code?
Scarlet Evans
Do we know, if it's fixed already? I heard from some people things like "I think I got a medal for HD play, so it should be fixed", but not sure how reliable this "I think" is.
blahpy

Scarlet Evans wrote:

Do we know, if it's fixed already? I heard from some people things like "I think I got a medal for HD play, so it should be fixed", but not sure how reliable this "I think" is.

https://new.ppy.sh/u/106269#medals would suggest it hasn't because he's done many HDDT FCs with no missed sliderends in the last few days and doesn't have a single one of the FC achievements
TakuMii
I think I got both of the DT and NC achievements on the same map... I only played DT.
Sleepteiner

YayMii wrote:

I think I got both of the DT and NC achievements on the same map... I only played DT.
That happened to me as well. The SD and PF medals also did the same thing.
Ankanogradiel
same
DarkStoorM
Hmm, are there still any issues with medals for other modes?
I just got an FC on Taiko with 8.15 stars with DoubleTime, and I didn't get the 8 star FC medal.
...or maybe there's justl an issue with taiko medals perhaps

or it's no-mod only? I forgot what were the conditions.
Xylo-
I'm pretty sure that mods should affect the medal, so that sounds like a bug.
Scarlet Evans

DarkStoorM wrote:

Hmm, are there still any issues with medals for other modes?
I just got an FC on Taiko with 8.15 stars with DoubleTime, and I didn't get the 8 star FC medal.
...or maybe there's justl an issue with taiko medals perhaps

or it's no-mod only? I forgot what were the conditions.
Something like 1-2 weeks ago, someone passed IOSYS - Marisa wa Taihen na Kanbu de Tomatte Ikimashita + DoubleTime, which is 8.04* in standard, and didn't got an Achievement. I even checked that person's profile --> Historical --> Recent Plays (last 24h) and there indeed was a DT only score for that map. No other mods. No achievement. I tried to go through #help logs just now, to find this person, but couldn't find it and there are few days worth logs missing.
Scarlet Evans
Yesterday I've got a medal after getting Perfect FC on ★3 stars map with +HD,DT,HR.

http://puu.sh/qJltK/7205b47c51.png

Can this mean that not getting medals with +Hidden was fixed?
Ankanogradiel

Scarlet Evans wrote:

Yesterday I've got a medal after getting Perfect FC on ★3 stars map with +HD,DT,HR.

http://puu.sh/qJltK/7205b47c51.png

Can this mean that not getting medals with +Hidden was fixed?
yeah actually

Jul 29, 2016
[peppy] Fix some mods not allowing unlocking of new medals (HD/FL mainly).
Ankanogradiel
the only thing bothering me is half time not giving pass achievements on any of the mods but oh well
MillhioreF
Most if not all medal issues should be fixed now, including post-mod star rating medals. Difficulty-reducing mods were left out on purpose to prevent cheesing these and certain other medals.
DarkStoorM
Nice, just got the 8 star FC medal with DoubleTime, thanks 8-)
Scarlet Evans
Maybe it's a little off-topic, but better to ask here than making new thread: medal for FC is for perfect combo, not for non-breaking, which most of players acknowledge as an FC?
Ankanogradiel

Scarlet Evans wrote:

Maybe it's a little off-topic, but better to ask here than making new thread: medal for FC is for perfect combo, not for non-breaking, which most of players acknowledge as an FC?
yeah. you have to perfect FC without losing sliderends.

MillhioreF wrote:

Difficulty-reducing mods were left out on purpose to prevent cheesing these and certain other medals.
seems fair I guess.
Scarlet Evans
http://new.ppy.sh/u/4745779#medals

Almost half a year ago, I entered top #50k in either CTB or Taiko (I don't remember now), but the achievement was granted across all the game modes.

Different game modes have a separate achievements for passing X stars maps, FCing it, pushing keys XXXX times, catching XXXX fruits, getting XXXX combo etc.
So, I suppose that achievements for a place in ranking should be differentiable (no math pun intended) across the game modes too and what did happened was a bug? Or it was intended?

If it was a bug, was it maybe fixed yet?
Kao

Scarlet Evans wrote:

http://new.ppy.sh/u/4745779#medals

Almost half a year ago, I entered top #50k in either CTB or Taiko (I don't remember now), but the achievement was granted across all the game modes.

Different game modes have a separate achievements for passing X stars maps, FCing it, pushing keys XXXX times, catching XXXX fruits, getting XXXX combo etc.
So, I suppose that achievements for a place in ranking should be differentiable (no math pun intended) across the game modes too and what did happened was a bug? Or it was intended?

If it was a bug, was it maybe fixed yet?
I'm pretty sure there's only one medal for the skill category, and it's given in all game modes
The #50,000 medal is called "I can see the top!" Which is an old medal (pre new.ppy) which has only one medal regardless of mode
mulraf
realität achievement doesn't seem to be working for ctb.
of course it's hush-hush and so we don't 100,0% know the answer but it's pretty obvious that it must be the evanescent aspire map with 90%+ acc.
it works within mania as tested by different people but when you look on ctb you can see loads of people with 90%+ acc who don't have the medal. (pretty much everyone in the top ranks on that map)
(source: http://haitai.jp/realitat-hush-hush-achievement/ ) <-- for both the objective and the mania proof
peppy
Resolving this thread as everything seems to be working correctly.
show more