forum

[Archived] cursor glitch

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AlphaN00b
Problem Details:

well i have my cursor stop moving when i'm playing a beatmap while everything else is working normally
even replays show that glitch which i really need solution for

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
i have it in 70% of my replays but i'd record a vid if needed

osu! version: 20160525.2 (latest)
Remyria
The cursor freezes then teleports where it should be?

Does the fps or ms on the top right corner drop when it happens(if it teleports)?

Do you play with a mouse or tablet?

(I have no idea how to help you, but these questions seem appropriate to me, and hopefully will help people to help you if they have these infos)
Topic Starter
AlphaN00b
yes the cursor teleport to where it should be after that.

i cant see the fps in the top right corner or anywhere so idk :l

and i use mouse.

if that still not eough i'm uploading a record of the issue
Topic Starter
AlphaN00b
Sandy Hoey
Just based off the video, I can tell that your frame rate is pretty low. I don't know if that is just the software that you used to capture the replay capturing at 30 fps or if that is your computer. It might help you to change your fps to unlimited (gameplay) in the settings.

Another question that might help: Can you hit notes while the cursor is not moving, or is it just frozen there? I think that I see that you still finish the reverse slider, so that means that the problem is not with your mouse. I don't know what else to add
Dntm8kmeeatu
Does this only happen in osu! or have you noticed it before? It's not uncommon for some mice to be a bit of a stinky and just cut out for a moment (Mine does, It's a cheap $15 one, Whatta you gunna do?)

What mouse do you have by chance?
Dntm8kmeeatu

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Just based off the video, I can tell that your frame rate is pretty low. I don't know if that is just the software that you used to capture the replay capturing at 30 fps or if that is your computer. It might help you to change your fps to unlimited (gameplay) in the settings.
Another question that might help: Can you hit notes while the cursor is not moving, or is it just frozen there? I think that I see that you still finish the reverse slider, so that means that the problem is not with your mouse. I don't know what else to add

Well according to Youtube, The video is 10fps, Most likely what ever he used to render it capped it at that low framerate (Idk why)

And he didn't finish the reverse slider, He broke.
Topic Starter
AlphaN00b
well i dont think my mouse is the problem(if it was thats a big problem coz its insanely hard to find a good mouse where i live) because it happaned to me when my laptop touch area and this happen in osu only.
idk why the vid was low fps but the game work normally to me
Lacrimosa
This has happened to me in the past and I'm using a tablet so I assume this is an osu!'s side issue. Btw, what release stream are you using? Does this happen on Cutting Edge too?
Topic Starter
AlphaN00b
i'm using stabe(latest)
dunno about cutting edge.imma try
Topic Starter
AlphaN00b
meh
just tried using everything and it still happen
Rilium

AlphaN00b wrote:

meh
just tried using everything and it still happen
So here we go. Exactly the same thing happens to me, and i tried 2 different tablets (that means it isn't a tablet issue and this is the definitive proof)
It happens since 6 mounths or so, sometimes, somehow. I still have 0 ideas about why that does happen, but it's surely very frustrating.
How often does that happen to you?
Topic Starter
AlphaN00b
idk how it happen to me
i just open a beatmap,start playing and the cursor start messing up