forum

osu!mania ScoreV2 live!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Yuudachi-kun
There's lots of fun maps for me that are too easy ht and way too hard nomod; that's why I widh osu mania had those speeds
masdafugh
Are you think LN (lonte noooooooodel) is easy?

And you give 1 combo for 1 ln?

Ok try ENTODZER map like dis
1, https://osu.ppy.sh/s/130464

Dis

2. https://osu.ppy.sh/s/146623

And dia

3. https://osu.ppy.sh/s/138430

I waiting you result score and kombos.

And say ln is easy like nornal notes.
Meseki

masdafugh wrote:

Are you think LN (lonte noooooooodel) is easy?

And you give 1 combo for 1 ln?

Ok try ENTODZER map like dis
1, https://osu.ppy.sh/s/130464

Dis

2. https://osu.ppy.sh/s/146623

And dia

3. https://osu.ppy.sh/s/138430

I waiting you result score and kombos.

And say ln is easy like nornal notes.
Considering that the actual combo number didn't affect score at all in the V1 scoring, LNs are worth more than they used to be, since they have two judgements now.
Yas
I had a multiplayer session with a friend to test out v2 a bit. Wanted to see it in action after hearing complaints. Here's a play we had that stood out to me, and which I thought could make for some good input.
These spoilerboxes will contain an image each.

Sv2 score, first play:

Sv1 score, second play:

On my first impression of these, I thought this was fair, even scores and all for fairly even plays. What with the 200 count being the same.
However, what stands out is the MAX/300 ratio. It's a fair bit higher in the v2 play (thank you LNs), while managing to receive a lower score.

V2: 980/198/5/0/0/0 = 991944 score
V1: 921/210/5/0/0/0 = 991995 score

This is giving me the impression that MAX count impacts score less in v2 than in v1.
What am I missing here? Is this how it's supposed to be?
Redon
Asthmatic Magic

Redon wrote:

Gameplay: [smoogipooo] Increase osu!mania FL ScoreV2 mod multiplier to 1.10x.
Please stop. I thought ten pages of people explaining why this is a bad idea was enough? Just get rid of it, it's nothing but a visual aid.
But he really wants to shoehorn it in, people explaining why its bad just isn't enough.
Halogen-
oi... I was pretty sure that a bunch of people, including those who mained Flashlight... were (rightfully) against a scoreboost... why are we adding it now?
Kempie
Increase osu!mania HR ScoreV2 mod multiplier to 1.20x.
This seems like a really significant change, coming from a multiplier of 1.06x.

Consider an FC on an OD 8 song with a perfect normal distribution and standard deviation of 20ms (i.e. 200 UR). Disregarding combo score, this would give a score 959.3k:
SPOILER
R300: 57.63%
300: 37.75%
200: 4.50%
100: 0.20%
50: 0.00%

Consider the same play, with HR turned on. The score is now reduced to 910.3k before multipliers:
SPOILER
R300: 41.77%
300: 42.10%
200: 15.22%
100: 0.89%
50: 0.20%

With a 1.06x multiplier, the HR score would've been 964944.5k, which is very close to the no-mod score. A 1.2x multiplier would make the score skyrocket to 1,092.4k. A mere 820k HR rank S score, including several 100s and 50s, would dominate a 980k rank SS score.

HR's 1.2x multiplier is so good, you're only better off playing no-mod when HR makes you fail a song or if you're trying to play a song that's way out of your leage. I would suggest keeping it roughly at its original multiplier of 1.06x. Emphasis added to roughly, because I'm sure 1.08x would work out just fine. I just can't be bothered to dig any deeper right now.

On a side note, I'd like to point out how incredibly high the aforementioned HR score is. Assuming a 1000 note song, that's 152 200s and 9 100s. Both the no-mod and HR scores would be even closer to both the 1 million mark and each other, because I ignored the combo aspect of the score. This just goes to show how severely unpunished bad judgements are in ScoreV2. Using a purely accuracy based scoring system similar to Stepmania's MIGS DP, does pretty well in this situation:
SPOILER
MIGS-like scoring system, giving score like this:
R300: 3
300: 2
200: 1
100: -2
50: -4
Miss: -8

No-mod score: 841.6k
HR base score: 740.5k
HR * 1.20x: 888.6k
HR * 1.06x: 784.9k

Because of severe punishment when hitting 100s, 50s and misses, the 1.2x multiplier doesn't seem so bad anymore. If you can't play incredibly accurately, these bad judgements are going to lower your score to the point where you're better off playing with no-mod. That's how I think it should be.
Full Tablet
With the score system I made, HR/EZ get a balanced score by design. In previous posts I have posts I posted some approximate formulas for it, but I think that using a calculation method that is more accurate would better, I wrote some code that can calculate score using double precision floating numbers quite accurately.

The algorithm basically does a maximum likelihood fit of the timing errors in the play, using a normal curve with zero mean, using as input the distribution of the judgments in the play (taking into account their timing windows); the parameter to fit is the standard deviation of the curve (the lower the standard deviation, the more accurate is the play). The timing window of LN releases would be considered be same as of presses, to account for the increased difficulty of releasing accurately (assuming using the current timing windows already balance the difficulty of releases compared to presses)

Then, a penalty is applied based on the amount of judgments in the play, to take into account if the results were just by chance. This is analogous to the case of estimating how loaded a coin is by throwing it 5 times, if you get 5 heads in a row, a safer estimation of the probability of getting a head would be 87.055% (probability when getting at least 5 heads when throwing 5 times happens half of the time) instead of 100% (the probability that makes the result of the throws most likely).

Then, the standard deviation (std) found is mapped to a score value (standard deviation of 0 = 1 million score, standard deviation-> Infinity = 0 score). The exact function used to map standard deviation to score doesn't really matter (as long as it strictly monotonically decreasing), but a good option would be using something in the form of: (A*Erf(a/std) + B*Erf(b/std) + ...)/(A+B+...)*1,000,000, since that way score scales in the same way as a accuracy%/DP/MIGS/Exscore system (while still avoiding the balancing problems those systems have).

Note that since a penalty is applied based on the amount of judgments, getting 1 million score is not possible with a map with a finite amount of notes (you can only get very close, when the amount of notes is high and the timing windows are tight), this might be seen as a problem, but it actually this solves another bigger problem. Without that penalty, getting all rainbows with EZ or No-mod would both give 1 million score, so there would be no reason to ever use HR if you want to maximize your score; with the penalty, using more strict timing windows makes it possible to get closer to 1 million score, giving reason to players to use HR if they can handle it.

Examples of scores (using a standard deviation -> score function that scales similarly to Exscore): Note that those plays were done with Scorev1 mechanics (only 1 judgment per LN), but the idea remains.

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/647965 Drop - Granat [5K EZ] (a very short map)
All Rainbows No-Mod: 993,738 score.
All Rainbows EZ Mod : 966,397 score.
All Rainbows HR Mod: 999,830 score.

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/552745 Soleily - Renatus [Hard], all plays done by me in the same day: Rainbows/300/200/100/50/Miss
1040/641/145/16/4/7 No-Mod: 650,298 score.
1343/446/52/7/0/5 EZ Mod: 646,645 score.
710/745/316/63/3/16 HR Mod: 657,208 score.

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/866194 deadmau5 - Orange File [Emptiness]
235/137/31/1/0/0 No-Mod: 729,438 score.
293/101/10/0/0/0 EZ-Mod: 723,009 score.
170/138/86/9/0/1 HR-Mod: 704,914 score.
All Rainbows No-mod: 999,143 score.

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/746951 UNDEAD CORPORATION - The Empress scream off ver [MX]
677/530/162/23/6/30 No-Mod: 519,410 score.
432/564/295/82/8/47 HR Mod: 544,990 score.
930/408/55/14/1/20 EZ-Mod: 501,934 score
All Rainbows No-mod: 999,757 score.
dennischan
I suggest that hitting a 50 should break your combo because the combo bonus is supposed to reward consistency.

Quoting smoogipooo
We want to value the more accurate players (accuracy) whilst applying a small reward for consistency (combo).
Consistency is the ability to hit good judgments continuously, and therefore hitting bad judgments does not show this skill and should not be awarded extra points due to consistency. Other more established rhythm games such as O2Jam also break your combo at a BAD (roughly equivalent to Osu!mania's 50). This implies that breaking combo at 50 is a tried and tested move and is a more sensible scoring system.

Not breaking combo at 50s would undoubtedly cause people to be rewarded by indiscriminate mashing and punish high accuracy players as low accuracy players would have a chance to overtake high accuracy players through combo points awarded by unskilled mashing.
It is very easy to mash any map in the whole game, as shown by drace's play below. (check t/224534&start=0 for more details)

On the contrary, if the combo is broken at 50s, it can ensure that players are rightfully rewarded by their consistency in hitting the right notes at the right time, which was the objective of the game before any changes.

That is why I strongly suggest that combo to break at 50 to preserve the value of combo as a way to sort good players from bad players.
Cuber
In regards to the combo section of what scorev2 currently is, a lot of people have recommended doing a percentage of the max combo, to find the combo cap. I think that instead of having the combo cap linearly related to the max combo, there should be a square root relationship.

I propose: Combo Cap = floor(sqrt(Max Combo) * 10)

This means:
-500 max combo has a 223 combo cap
-1000 max combo has a 316 combo cap
-2000 max combo has a 447 combo cap
-5000 max combo has a 707 combo cap

but then again id rather combo not matter at all so lol.
Kempie

Cuber wrote:

I think that instead of having the combo cap linearly related to the max combo, there should be a square root relationship.
I strongly disagree. Making the combo cap dependent on the max combo is problematic, as it couples the difficulty of getting a high score to the length of a map.

The current proposal has the combo cap fixed at 400, so now the scoring system is only flawed for songs with less than 400 notes. This may not sound like a big deal, but this means it's going to be easier on maps like Drop - Granat to get a higher score. Noodle maps with very little notes yet considerable difficulty also come to mind as songs that will be easier to score on with ScoreV2.

Cuber wrote:

Neither do I. Holding combo shouldn't be awarded, especially in osu!mania where key mashing goes unpunished. Hitting accurately should be rewarded, hitting poorly should be punished and hitting that which does not exist should be punished if not severely discouraged. All of these things can be achieved without involving combo.
Halogen-
Just a tangential point: I legitimately hate it when people use that video of all examples to prove that osu!mania is easy to mash. He's literally smashing 1/2 notes on a song where the spacing between 1/2 notes is larger than the individual timing windows themselves. Of course he's not going to break combo.

The odds of running into a chart like that are far lower than they are running into something that's actually got a legitimate structure/melody.

Cuber wrote:

Neither do I. Holding combo shouldn't be awarded, especially in osu!mania where key mashing goes unpunished. Hitting accurately should be rewarded, hitting poorly should be punished and hitting that which does not exist should be punished if not severely discouraged. All of these things can be achieved without involving combo.
I hope you're extending edge cases of players who ghost tap in between notes to keep a solid rhythm (and not necessarily are mashing to hold combo).
Kempie

Halogen- wrote:

I hope you're extending edge cases of players who ghost tap in between notes to keep a solid rhythm (and not necessarily are mashing to hold combo).
There's no point in punishing for hitting keys when there's nothing to play within 'x' ms, where 'x' is the time in ms when a miss is usually triggered (or something similar). Pressing 5 keys on a 3 note chord is a whole different story, of course.
Halogen-

Drojoke wrote:

Halogen- wrote:

There's no point in punishing for hitting keys when there's nothing to play within 'x' ms, where 'x' is the time in ms when a miss is usually triggered (or something similar). Pressing 5 keys on a 3 note chord is a whole different story, of course.
You're getting closer. You'd want to consider x in a time per lane as well. I see no issue hitting 5 keys on a 3 note chord if that chord is alone and by itself. Likewise, if a song has a high tempo but slow repeated notes, players might feel inclined to fill in a rhythm on the other hand to keep steady (I do this all the time).
Ayaya

???

These are these score multiplier I would do
  1. HD 1.00x
  2. FL 1.05x
  3. FI 1.08x
  4. HR 1.10x
  5. DT adjust to 110%/120%/.../150% with score bonus increments of 0.05x (lowest is 110% with 1.05x multiplier and max is 150% with 1.25x score multiplier)
  6. HT adjust to 75%/80%/.../95% with score bonus increments of 0.10x (lowest being 75% with 0.50x score multiplier and max as 95% with 0.9x multiplier)
I think HD shouldn't give because all it does is cover the bottom half off the screen in which most average/top player already focus on the upper half so this doesn't make much difference and just aids players, also people will always just skin a static HD since it's better anyways. I use to play with HD only for months and even I'm saying this shouldn't give any bonus.

Reason why I think FL should give a slight score multiplier is because it does make vision a bit tighter so note will be lumped up also they would have to use about half their normal nomod scroll speed. It's lower than FI because if you get FI too the max, it's below the middle of the screen (middle being where most average/top players focus on looking while FL is always in the middle). The higher the bpm the harder it can get because of density. I use to play with FL only for months and I think FI is more challenging a bit.

I want to give HR to be 1.10x and not 1.20x is because are you trying to say HR = 140% rate of song?

HR is higher than visual mods is because accurate players should be rewarded more than visual mods since they doesn't even do much (except for FI/FL slightly)

DT max 150% should be 1.25x because it's makes the map way more challenging then playing with HR or a visual mod.

HT increments is different from DT because HT makes maps way too easy. Since it makes the map easier than intended, it should be more lower of course.
DDMythical
snoverpk_old
my opinion on score multipliers:

HD - 1.00x
FI - 1.00x
FL - 1.00x
HR - 1.15x
DT - 1.30-1.35x
HT - 0.5x
NF - 0.8x (it's just no fail)
EZ - 0.8x (doesn't make a significant difference really)
Ayaya
If we can have all visual mods be 1.00x I would love that
even though they said they would remove score bonus on all visual mods but instead kept it for FL
Full Tablet
Setting a fixed score multiplier for HR and EZ, with the current accuracy formula (accuracy percentage scaled with x^(1+4x)) makes it so there exists accuracy ranges that determine which mod is the most convenient (maximizes the score part of the total score) to use depending on the level of accuracy of the player.
The table is interpreted like in the following example:

If in a map a player gets in average 99.5% accuracy percentage with no mod, then he would get in average more accuracy score using HR if it's multiplier is x1.024 or more (if it is lower than that, then no mod would give in average more score), similarly, the player would get more score in average with EZ compared to No-Mod if the multiplier was x0.894 or more.

IMO, those ranges where in average players get more score by using a specific timing window mod shouldn't exist, the player should get the same score if he plays the notes the same way, regardless of the mod used (and make the mods just a change of scale of the worth of the judgments, analogous as being able to measure the mass of something with either kilograms or pounds). Since the accuracy part of the score only has information about the judgment counts (and not the exact timing of each hit), this is not possible in the edge case where the player gets 100% accuracy or close to it (but it can be accounted for correctly, by making rainbows different to 300s in the accuracy part, and considering the amount of notes to penalize based on the probability the accuracy obtained was far from the expected accuracy of a play; or even better, make the timing windows of rainbows constant regardless of OD and Mods).

Edit: Another possible idea:

Add a new judgment beyond Rainbows (300g), with a tight fixed timing window (for example, +/-10ms), which is required to hit for every note to get 100% of the possible score.
Advantages of the judgment:
  1. Scores that were close to the maximum score possible in the previous system would be farther away from it. Since they are farther away, the difference between the median accuracy and the mean accuracy of a player that repeats the map becomes smaller, making it not as necessary to compensate for map length to make a system that balances between different timing window mods fairly. This is specially important for easy charts, where scores of 1 million or very close to it are common.
  2. Even if there are scores that end up being close to 100% anyways, having the timing windows of the tightest timing window the same regardless of mods makes the differences between mods smaller for the high accuracy range (virtually the same for 100% and close to it), so there wouldn't be need to compensate for map length even in that case.
Redon
Kamikaze
I've done some testing on group stage maps from last year's MWC, me Feerum and Xylo played on diffrent mods, first I played FL, Feru HR and xylo nomod and then me and Feru nomod and Xylo HR. I've played FL for about a week on and off, so my acc is still meh on it, but I've noticed some things:

1) Sometimes on HR and even on FL you randomly get a fail on the end of the map, but most of the time it doesn't show it in mp link while it does in your game. For example Xylo and Feru had that on their respective HR plays of Good-Bye Tears, I had that on my FL play of Analyze. Feru's fail on Analyze was also the same thing (he had HP on the end and it just dropped to zero for no reason) and it did show up on mp link.
2) The mods have too high multiplier for sure.

First example is Vision (we had a wrong mode setup, but w/e, that just doesn't show all the stats).
Me vs Xylo - I had 95,82%, 9 misses, 371 max combo and similar ratio while he had 99,00%, 1 miss, 978 combo and I somehow still managed to win by 22k points despite having score objectively a shitton worse.
The scores are 951,783 vs 929,027, my score without a multiplier would be about 856k and really, score that bad should lose despite having FL on.

Second example is Good-bye Tears
Me and Xylo had similar accuracy (I had 0,3% less), 3 misses and I had a slightly higher combo, while Feerum on HR had half of our max combos, negative ratio, 9 misses and almost 2% worse accuracy and he still managed to win with Xylo by 70k points and only lost to me by 18k. The diffrence between our scores wasn't that big, and while I should've still won since I had a similar score on FL, Feru shouldn't have won by this much. Even counting in the diffuclty of scoring with HR, it's giving too much of an edge, it should be a lot closer.
The scores were 1,003,659 (FL) vs 985,018 (HR) vs 915,042 (NM) and without multipliers it would be 912,4k (FL) vs 820,8k (HR) vs 915k (NM). The fact that you need to score about 830k to beat any nomod score is not fair imho.

I'd suggest making the mods, especially HR riskier to pick by lowering the multipliers to 1,06x for FL and 1,1 for HR. That way if you want to edge out nomod plays you need to score around 940k with FL alone, around 909k with HR alone and about 857k with FL+HR which in my opionin is a reasonable threshhold.
Here's the mp link for said testing match: https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/26344409
O2MasterFX
Just to clarify things...

With hard rock enabled, any diff with OD8 and HP8 will be adjusted to OD10 and HP10, which is easily done, despite with a huge accuracy drop from players. The HR gives score boost that isn't quiet necessary. Reduce the score multiplier to 1.05 would be just fine.

I also consider to rank the random mod if enabled with HR, as it will be much more harder than before, if RD and HR combined, it will be 1.10 with completely random notes on each tick.
PenguinEatsFish
hey guys i know it's a weird request but can someone make sure that this never becomes anything more than a tournament score?
Kamikaze

O2MasterFX wrote:

Just to clarify things...

With hard rock enabled, any diff with OD8 and HP8 will be adjusted to OD10 and HP10, which is easily done, despite with a huge accuracy drop from players. The HR gives score boost that isn't quiet necessary. Reduce the score multiplier to 1.05 would be just fine.
That is only half of the story, HR also makes timing windows tighter than OD10's by a decent about:

This is OD 10 nomod

This is OD 10 with HR
Kempie

-Kamikaze- wrote:

... HR also makes timing windows tighter than OD10's by a decent about: ...
EZ/HR multiplies/divides the timing windows by exactly 1.4. The UI has a weird method of rounding everything to 0.5ms, but even when assuming the numbers shown by the UI are correct you're left with an insignificant margin of error.
ikzune
just my random input, consider that hp7 hr is hp 9.8 which is easy enough to die on during tournament finals and stuff, for the high risk i would at least go higher then 1.1 or make it scale somewhat with difficulty but idk how you would do that
Greenpacghost
w
abraker
Last try at this.

Currently accuracy does make a good metric of how hard the map is. I can tell you straight up what the star rating of a map would be according to my accuracy. I feel the score should reflect that. However, there is a point, around between 986k and 1M scores, where it is more of a matter of consistency. Playing a score for 990K+ often feels like playing standard. A lot of retries and a lot of hope for more MAX. If anything, I think that's where you should focus combo based scoring at (if you are persistent about it).

Instead of the combo portion being dependent on misses, have it be dependent on not have a MAX and adjust so it is worth around 100k out of 1M or whatever most would agree on. That way players who are trying to get a better play have to worry about their overall performance by acc'ing the map like now, and players who are going for the SS and beyond would have to worry more about consistency.

Just don't have the element of luck forced on players unless they are really going for a perfect play. And I do say luck because consistency involves taking the probability that you may fuck up somewhere along the line.
Kempie
Gameplay: [smoogipooo] Fix osu!mania ScoreV2 LNs not correctly capping to 50 score when the hold starts after the LN start was fully missed.
Why not remove the ability to repress missed LN's? I've always thought it was weird that completely missing a LN gets punished, but missing it and, repressing it waaaaay too late and not releasing until seconds after the LN has ended somehow gives you points and pepe points.

Gameplay: [smoogipooo] Reduce osu!mania ScoreV2 FL multiplier to 1.06x (prev. 1.10x).
I still stand for FL giving 1.0x points, for reasons many people have pointed out already.
_underjoy
I would like to look at the v2 when it comes to harder LN maps with HR. As a pretty decent LN player I tried some things out and I was astonished with the results. On the screenshot below you can see that I had a pretty good acc and nice score. However I FAILED IN THE MIDDLE because LN releases on hr are so incredibly tight that you get a miss on what would have been 200 (or even 300) on v1 nomod. This is so hilarious when you hokd a good acc then the denser sections come and you fail so easily because of high HP on HR. All but 1-2 of the misses were because of stupid release windows. Despite my efforts to release as precisely as I can, I still died. The release windows on HR should be more lenient, especially when it comes to window for miss. I practically have not received other release judgments than MAX, 300, 200 or miss.

My suggestion: either increase the miss window for releases (with making the 100/50 windows wider as well), or change all of the misses to 50s which will prevent failing the map so easily.

Kamikaze
btw as we discovered today while we had a friendly Poland vs Argentina match on score v2 the maxes are disgustingly underrated for some reason.
I mean take a look at this:

Poland won despite with 6 less 200s overall while having 220 maxes less, and by over 5k points to top it off which is just ridiculous.
Also if you take a look at Juan's and Hudonom's scores: Hudonom got a score 18 points better than juan despite having 98 less maxes just because he had one less 200. That is really not okay.

There were other cases where scores were ridiculously close for no good reason:

Grubonom vs Juan vs aluu, I know that Grubonom missed right at the end but still

MAX'es really should be weighted much more that they are now.

mp link for this match: https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/26530910
Topic Starter
smoogipoo
That sounds impossible. Are you sure everyone was actually using Stable (latest) / Beta / CE?
Ciel
Right now, percentage is the only number that factors into the Accuracy calculation,, so there's no differentiation between 300g/300. Therefore, there is only a very tiny portion of the score actually affected by the difference (mainly the combo).

Actually, when looking at the code, I'm not even sure that is true right now, though that's probably not intended. I'm a dumbass I found it.

Also as a minor side note: Maybe consider starting the combo counter at max combo? (if possible). That way, it doesn't diminish the weighting of the first 400 notes of the map.
Shoegazer

Ciel wrote:

Right now, percentage is the only number that factors into the Accuracy calculation,, so there's no differentiation between 300g/300. Therefore, there is only a very tiny portion of the score actually affected by the difference (mainly the combo).
This is correct - 320s are very much underweighted because the only component of the scoring system that takes into account 320 accuracy is the combo component, which only has a 20% prominence. Add on to the fact that the difference between a 300 and 320 is so small and that the absolute difference between juan and Hudo's 320 count isn't that significant, it would make sense that 320s are really underweighted at the moment.

You could mitigate this by including 300gs into accuracy, but from what I've experimented it might create too much emphasis on MAX accuracy with charts that players have issues getting 96%+ on (and as a result would not be an accurate assessment of skill). You can try having a weightage of 310 instead of 320 for accuracy instead, but it's up to you.

But by including the rainbow component into accuracy, I don't really see much purpose in having a combo component in the first place, but I'm not quite sure how to justify it and put it in words.

Alternatively, you can avoid including MAXes in the accuracy component and just increase the importance of MAXes to like 360 to increase the emphasis of it by a noticeable but not overpowering amount in the combo component, but that requires a bit more experimentation.

Also as a minor side note: Maybe consider starting the combo counter at max combo? (if possible). That way, it doesn't diminish the weighting of the first 400 notes of the map.
Also supporting this.

Also, emphasis on underjoy's post. He brings up a pretty good point about LNs, and it wouldn't make sense for him to have so many misses with a distribution like that. Here's a HRv1 and HRv2 comparison as well for another chart. Given the 50/100 windows of v1, it wouldn't make much sense for the miss count in v2 to be that high in the first place, unless there's some bug that scorev1 has with LNs.
Kamikaze

smoogipooo wrote:

That sounds impossible. Are you sure everyone was actually using Stable (latest) / Beta / CE?
Yes I am sure, look at freemod picks, everyone had multipliers on mods. Also on score v1 100 maxes more would edge out 1x200 less by about 3,5k on Ambitious.
You can also confirm that by looking at ideally same combos on FCs which is nearly impossible to do on v1.
We all agreed to play that match on score v2 so everyone was prepared for it
EDIT: Also since the timing windows for MAX scales with OD on v2, could you maybe give us a small table with how wide are they for major OD and HR?
Yuudachi-kun
Make MAX worth 100% and 300 worth 99% 8-) 8-)
Topic Starter
smoogipoo

_underjoy wrote:

I would like to look at the v2 when it comes to harder LN maps with HR. As a pretty decent LN player I tried some things out and I was astonished with the results. On the screenshot below you can see that I had a pretty good acc and nice score. However I FAILED IN THE MIDDLE because LN releases on hr are so incredibly tight that you get a miss on what would have been 200 (or even 300) on v1 nomod. This is so hilarious when you hokd a good acc then the denser sections come and you fail so easily because of high HP on HR. All but 1-2 of the misses were because of stupid release windows. Despite my efforts to release as precisely as I can, I still died. The release windows on HR should be more lenient, especially when it comes to window for miss. I practically have not received other release judgments than MAX, 300, 200 or miss.

My suggestion: either increase the miss window for releases (with making the 100/50 windows wider as well), or change all of the misses to 50s which will prevent failing the map so easily.

HR was being added twice to the hit windows. I've pushed a fix (only on CE for now) that rectifies this and modifies all other timing windows sliiiiiightly so they align with MAXs a bit better by interpolating from OD0-OD5 and OD5-OD10 instead of linear scaling from OD0-10.

Please test again.
Todestrieb

I don't know what to say.
Full Tablet

Todestrieb wrote:

I don't know what to say.
With the current system not using HR after you reach some level of accuracy is a bad idea (unless the map has some part that would make you fail with HR, even with good overall accuracy). Additionally, the FL multiplier is more significant the closer the play is to a perfect play.
show more