forum

osu!mania ScoreV2 live!

posted
Total Posts
481
show more
FrenzyLi
I support LN as two ticks.

I disagree with HD and FL being positive multipliers. You can start finding people who rely on them only and cannot play nomod.

There should be another visual mod: HD but fixed covering height. The current game doesn't support this so people just add a fixed height sprite covering the bottom of the lanes in the skin.
Pope Gadget
1.06x for visual mods (HD and FL) :V
Todestrieb


Please, don't do that, I missed intentionally every 500 combos, It's an awfull combo system.
arcwinolivirus
Score Multiplier in mania? then does that mean 1M as maximum score is no more?
Nihilese
I think everyone would agree on the HD/FI/FL giving a multiplier being a bad idea since people use HD/FI/FL as a playing style over normal standard playing
Halogen-
Hahaha, awesome.

HR/DT might as well not be ranked though - the 1.06x score-boost that you'd get is pretty much useless compared to the increase of difficulty due to the fact that rainbow accuracy counts for scoring as well. Nobody will benefit from that. :p

EDIT: Neat to see mods in MWC this year, but yeah - I will have to say that the score-boosts for HD/FI/FL are a bit unfair since we have established that certain players actually use those visual mods as a way to reduce the number of objects on the playfield (this is not as much of an issue in other games because they're not processing quite as much at one time). Then again, I'm personally not opposed to having pools like those for MWC too -- man, I'm gonna be the mania anti-christ to some of you soon. :p
KatayokuNoTori
nerf ht pp gain :(((
FrenzyLi
Out of curiosity, is it possible to post multiple score of different mod combinations on the same beatmap?

e.g. AIAE MX nomod pass (counts as pp), AIAE MX DT pass (counts as pp) ....

and pls nerf HT pp . w .
dionzz99

smoogipooo wrote:

LNs do not give combo ticks any more - only one combo tick for the start and end notes.
  1. Feels more natural rather than displaying a useless number.

Mods are back! NF/EZ/HT give 0.5x score multipliers and DT/HR/HD/FI/FL give 1.06x score multipliers.
1. mmm this feels like o2jam so.. rip easy 10k combo LMAO

2. well i kinda noticed that it'll be the same pp system as std and thus the mods in mania will be worthy but i'm not ready for this yet :c (i have this feeling that there'll be a team of people who accepts this change , and the one that doesn't)
Wall-ed
waaaahhee
lenpai
everything looks great would love to see how miss counts and combos will turn out now

sharing the same sentiments as everyone does with lane cover multipliers
Clitoria
rip
coursaunt
Will current scores be changed when this is released?
Bunnrei

coursaunt wrote:

Will current scores be changed when this is released?
probably dam smoogi ninja'd
Topic Starter
smoogipoo

coursaunt wrote:

Will current scores be changed when this is released?
No. That hasn't been discussed yet.
FrenzyLi
I think to address Halogen's concern,

HR, NC and DT should give x1.25 bonus. x1.06 is underrated considering that lane cover is also x1.06. I'll test the system later to see if a number between x1.25 and x1.06 works.
Tornspirit


Ummmmmmm.

This doesn't seem right. Score gap between pew and snipers seems WAY too big.
Elementaires
very bad, this isnt how VSRG should be



Why does Musty have the SAME score than Todestrieb with more than 10% less accuracy, more than 100 misses, and less combo?

no sense...
Ayachi-
.
Halogen-
He might still be on v1 scoring. Everyone has to make the change and it's probably not directly applied in the room's MP.
Kernaus
>mods multiplier
>HD gives bonus score
>DT and HR give bonus score
>S rank is still easy as fuck to get
>we still dont have SM rates


Please get your priorities straight.
Elementaires

Halogen- wrote:

He might still be on v1 scoring. Everyone has to make the change and it's probably not directly applied in the room's MP.
I asked him and told me he made the changes (for the test)
and everyone in the room did
Kuo Kyoka
this is bad tbh
i like the old system more
many games used 1000000 as max score, and that goes well for me
Halogen-

Elementaires wrote:

Halogen- wrote:

He might still be on v1 scoring. Everyone has to make the change and it's probably not directly applied in the room's MP.
I asked him and told me he made the changes (for the test)
and everyone in the room did
There's definitely something wonky going on there -- there's literally no conceivable way for that score to be higher, haha
Reimo
HD/FI/FL gives 1.06x score multipliers... Why?????
SurfChu85
Though lane cover mods are quite useful (since they make reading a good amount of patterns easier, *cough* my 6th Dan pass *cough*)


but multipliers on them? No, thanks.
Jole

smoogipooo wrote:

[*] Mods are back! NF/EZ/HT give 0.5x score multipliers and DT/HR/HD/FI/FL give 1.06x score multipliers.
FrenzyLi
How about if for any x0.1 speedup of the music/beatmap, you get extra x0.05 multiplier? That way DT/NC are x1.25 by current standards.

If the engine allows x1.2 speedup that means i can submit scores on x1.10 multiplier and get new pp calculation if the score exceeds previous submitted scores.
Areha11Fz
wow,

bad idea ;w;
FrenzyLi
Reply to Areha11Fz:

Which of them are bad? You can list them and voice your improvements and opinions.
Domblade
No. It just ruins the meaning of accuracy with the mods giving multipliers, same for the added combo rewarding. No.
Topic Starter
smoogipoo

Elementaires wrote:

very bad, this isnt how VSRG should be



Why does Musty have the SAME score than Todestrieb with more than 10% less accuracy, more than 100 misses, and less combo?

no sense...
Yeah what this makes no sense to me either, something's definitely wonky as was pointed out earlier.
Xylo-
HD should be just reworked tbh, the amount of covered space is ridiculous after it grows to maximum, if it was a fixed amount, it'd be much better in my opinion.
Not to mention the amount of the multiplier for HR/DT is just funny and not worth going for it.
rezbit
Considering HD/FI is a preference, this is a terrible change. It would be like giving a score multiplier to higher rates.

And its been explained time and time again why combo based scoring is dangerously flawed. There are better ways to accomplish the same exact thing.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if lots of players quit because of this awful change.
Topic Starter
smoogipoo
I don't necessarily find it bad that HD and FI are harder for some players than others. The same rule stands for all other game modes - some players find playing with HD much easier in osu!standard than without it. However if you want to be a perfectionist then you better get practicing reading differently.
FrenzyLi
So:
  1. do not give visual mod multiplier
  2. enable fixed HD lane cover (or as separate mod which gives no visual mod bonus)
  3. stepmania-like rate system (not just 150% and 75% but also 140% 130% 120%... and respective multiplier) and pp
  4. wonky score (? _ ?)
Vygatron
visual mod multipliers aren't fair in mania what are you doing
Topic Starter
smoogipoo

rezbit wrote:

Considering HD/FI is a preference, this is a terrible change. It would be like giving a score multiplier to higher rates.

And its been explained time and time again why combo based scoring is dangerously flawed. There are better ways to accomplish the same exact thing.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if lots of players quit because of this awful change.
Explain what the "better ways" are? As I mentioned in the OP we are taking feedback, and we have lots of time to make changes.

Also guys, we're not just patching things up. We're aware that HR needs a rework, and we're brainstorming changes right now, do NOT be afraid to suggest us breaking changes - we will consider them.
Reikokaz
http://www.strawpoll.me/10482380
Just leaving this one here o/ :D
Also if you want to add the DT and HR modifier pls increase it since 0.06 isn't beneficial for any kind of player especially on harder map.
I personally also don't like the scoring system how it is right now, since Mania shouldn't be judged by combo.
Wh1teh

smoogipooo wrote:

I don't necessarily find it bad that HD and FI are harder for some players than others. The same rule stands for all other game modes - some players find playing with HD much easier in osu!standard than without it. However if you want to be a perfectionist then you better get practicing reading differently.
Should I get bonus points for reading slabs, arrows or orbs? Should I get bonus points for playing with background enabled? no. That would be stupid, because that's just a preference, like hd,fi,fl are.

E: also the "we have always done it like this" argument is just toxic, referring to your "other game modes" argument.
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply