forum

Beating your old score

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
clarkezj
Tired of getting a better pp score on a map but not beating my old overall score. I would love to see a change in the scoring system to where i can get a 1200 combo and beat my old 900 combo score 100% of the time on a 2400x map (Stan SB- let this go)
StephOsu
Rosten
Im confused what you mean here.

Just getting a somewhat higher max combo doesn't automatically mean your score is going to beat your previous one ,especially if it wasn't an FC.
DeathHydra
Both 1200 combo and 900 combo on a 2400 max combo map won't give you much pp anyway. Why are you even frustrated by this?
FrzR
wewlad play more
Topic Starter
clarkezj
I know it wouldn't give much PP but it frustrates me in general when i get better combo and accuracy and i don't beat an old score.
Drezi
OP is right, this shouldn't be happening, it doesn't make a difference that his particular case isn't too big of an issue in particular.

thing is pp was introduced way later than score, so can't do much about this.
but look, getting that better pp score, or not getting it doesn't change your actual skill in any way whatsoever, so don't mind it too much, just play and enjoy getting better regardless of it being reflected by pp instantly, or not.
chainpullz
Score works fine imo. If you get nervous and ruin your acc at the end of a map it's way less impressive than if you ruin your acc at the start and SS the ending despite the nerves. If you didn't fc anyways then why are you complaining? Git gud. :^)
Floob
pp sucks anyway
KupcaH

chainpullz wrote:

you ruin your acc at the start and SS the ending despite the nerves.
Why would you get nerves if you know that your acc is fucked? :^)
StephOsu

KupcaH wrote:

Why would you get nerves if you know that your acc is fucked? :^)
Xyrus_old_1

StephOsu wrote:

KupcaH wrote:

Why would you get nerves? :^)
Jellyblob
x
StephOsu
are you Khelly.Jr
Sayorie
I don't know about OP but it would probably be better if top scores were overwritten based on pp and not on score.
Rosten

Arthraxium wrote:

I don't know about OP but it would probably be better if top scores were overwritten based on pp and not on score.
Whynotboth.jpeg

Have your highest score count on the leaderboard and have your highest PP score count for your PP.