forum

Layered main menu background. +animation support.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
FrantACs
A similar responsive background for osu!supporters but with multiple layers with transparency support.

The idea is that each layer will respond differently to the movements of the cursor. The further most layer will move the least while the closest one will respond in a similar matter as the background does right now. This will create a sort of 3D immersion from the movement of the layers resulting in some awesome effects.

With the combination of multiple pictures creating an animation for these backgrounds, some really cool effects could be achieved. Although from the sheer size of such pictures changing rapidly, it would come to performance issues... but I believe you can fix it with some coding voodoo.
abraker
t/98954 ?
more specifically this: p/4167471
Adder
No
abraker

Adder wrote:

No
Anything else to add to that?
Bara-
Isn't there a parallax effect in the main screen already?
It can work much better with this

Also, Abraker, I think OP talks about animated menu backgrounds and about 3d effects using multiple images. I don't see how that's related to following the song's BG
abraker

Bara- wrote:

Also, Abraker, I think OP talks about animated menu backgrounds and about 3d effects using multiple images. I don't see how that's related to following the song's BG
The post I linked dealing with dreamscenes is still applicable to this. Though now I think about it, doing it like those glsl sandbox website does looks more promising.
Pawsu

Adder wrote:

No
How about you add some kind of context or reason to back up your denial? This really bothers me. At least give OP something to go off of.

In my opinion, it seems a little unnecessary? I know it would be a cool effect but it doesn't really seem needed with all the new stuff we're already going to get. (osu!next)